Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fallout: Dorf Mode  (Read 1146 times)

Regal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout: Dorf Mode
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:25:21 pm »

I'm going to roleplay a dwarf in Fallout: New Vegas. It's on Xbox and I have no expansions yet (don't judge me), but I'm bored, so why not?

His name is Urist McCourier. He has dark brown eyes, and his auburn hair is pulled into a combover. Sadly, New Vegas was lacking in beards, so he must endure the survivalist, a stubby mess.

What stats should I give him? I was thinking plenty of strength and endurance and crappy everything else. He should try to wield melee weapons, I guess.

How do you guys suggest I play? It seems like Caesar would be the most dwarven alignment, but I'm open to suggestions.

Obviously, I will be addicted to every single variety of alcohol in the game within an hour.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Dorf Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:27:30 pm »

NO! ANYTHING BUT CAESAR! JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL! After all, they have the best tech, they live underground for peat's sake, and most important, YOU GET POWER ARMOR!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Regal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »

NO! ANYTHING BUT CAESAR!

Really?

Most of my fortresses end up exactly like the Legion: rampant militarization of every able-bodied humanoid, utter hatred of the hypocrite elves/NCR, constant infighting and workers murdering each other, the enslavement/agonizing torture of all outsiders (migrants), a simple stronghold with primitive defense systems, and leaders that are power-hungry, impossible-to-please maniacs thirsting for a dose of lead to the face.

But, first things first, stats.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:37:34 pm by Regal »

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:46:43 pm »

Explosives and melee. In other words, anything that increases the damage of thrown weapons, because he isn't a proper dwarf unless he can kill a deathclaw by throwing things at it.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:12 pm »

I think Caesar should be out as well: dwarves are true feminists--women are every bit as badass as men.  Caesars Legion is strictly patriarchal, sexist enterprise.

I think the obvious choice is Wild Card: just you and your bots running the show--practically a most-interesting-dwarf challenge.

For tag skills:  melee, !science!, barter (dwarves sure know how to barter..he he he)

I wish there was a *magma* skill--maybe plasma with the crazy splash damage afterglow perk?

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Regal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:45 pm »

Okay, my stats are set up. I have 10 Strength and Endurance, 6 Perception, 4 Intelligence and Agility, and 3 Luck and Charisma (I figured the charisma can be helped a bit by the massive consumption of alcohol).

My traits increased melee damage and throwing speed.

Tag skills are explosives, melee, and survival (Hardcore mode, because I want a tantrum-able character).

Speaking of tantrum, that was one of my answers on the psych evaluation. Along with 'A bearded man.'

It's time to go steal all of the liquor in Goodsprings and kill some Powder Gangers for their dynamite.

Update: I now have 21 pounds of alcohol and I'm about to convince Easy Pete to give me some explosives.

Re-Update: 25 pounds.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:44:47 pm by Regal »

Regal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »

Well, I got in a fey mood, and Chet refused to give me his leather armor. A stolen shovel and eight sticks of dynamite later, I had killed the entire town, stuffed all the bodies into the empty grave at the Goodsprings Cemetery in order to prevent further tantrums, and died while sitting in Easy Pete's chair after imbibing the entire town's supply of adult beverages.

Such is life as a dwarf, I suppose.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »

AT LEAST YOU DIED HAPPY! :D
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 11:38:35 pm »

You COULD find some mods that makes ypuour Fallout experience a little more Dwarfy.