Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD- First turn of Chapter Two about 30% done!  (Read 11281 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Blacktree Trail - A Western RTD
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:26 am »

@ Lawastooshort: Hm, that's a tricky one, actually. I think for + and ++ skills it'll go straight to +1 on the first rank, but the +++ skills will just remove the negative modifier on rank one. Not sure yet, though, I'll work it out tomorrow.
But think, I suppose rank one would be, what? An apprentice gunsmith/medic/knife-throwing-extraordanaire, so you'd still be likely to make mistakes. :P

@ Talarion: Actually, I like quite a few of those mechanics... The basic rolls I already have mostly worked out, though, it's mainly the issue of how weapon quality translates into damage that I was pondering about.
But I've worked that out now, more or less, I'll post a draft of the equipment list tomorrow.
I reckon I will use the 'rate of fire' bit though!

I'll kick this thing off tomorrow, I reckon. Not too early, got family visiting, but once that's done I'll knuckle down and iron out these last rules issues. :) Glad there's been plenty of interest, and thanks for the help!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:03 am »

I'd suggest putting "one spot left!" or something like that in the title to attract attention ;)

edit: Heh, for some reason the forum cropped by post. I was also wondering about whether I could invest more than one skill point in the same skill, but after looking at the others' I assume I can.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:01:29 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 11:52:17 am »

Sorry for the double post, but here it is:

A question: Would specializing in either rifles or pistols give us an extra point in that automatically? Or is there any other benefit from doing so?
Love, scriver~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »

I guess I'll take that last spot as a Ranch Hand once I read over the whole thread and see what's up.
----
Name: Emma Hamilton
Position: Ranchand
Appearance: A rambunctious southern belle, Emma is a freckle-faced girl in cowboy leathers with her red hair in a tight bun, green eyes, a slight drawl, an exuberant take-no-prisoners attitude, a slight frame measuring 5'4 and 127 pounds, and a penchant for robbery.
Skills: Sneaking (2), Cookin' (2)
Bio: Emma was raised on a large tobacco farm but grew bored with the country life. She always wanted to head out west where life seemed dangerous and exciting, and a little after her 18th birthday she met a guy who was heading out that way. She ran off with him, unaware at first that he was a bank robber, but when she found out she managed to convince him to let her join his small gang. They needed a person who could scope out their targets without raising suspicion, and she proved to be a good asset for the team. She ran with his gang for a few years before facing that old sting known as betrayal. After a train job, Frank left her and the other three stranded to face the law while he took the money and ran. The men were killed in the shootout; Emma managed to convince the sheriff that she had been kidnapped and got away after giving them Frank Stone's name and description. With no way home and no real desire to go back, she started to work on a nearby ranch owned by a Mr. Dryman, and has been trying to forget her five years as a criminal through honest work.

Is this OK?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:27:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 02:26:30 pm »

You guys are gonna be so surprised when you see your first Shoggoth.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 03:05:45 pm »

Finished my sheet.

It's bland, I know, but I couldn't think of a whole lot to put in it, really.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 03:10:00 pm »

You guys are gonna be so surprised when you see your first Shoggoth.

Not now we won't!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 03:21:01 pm »

Watching this in hopes of a bear attack >_>
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »

Cna you hold me a spot? i have to go to the bathroom right now.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 04:19:28 pm »

I believe every spot is taken.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

oh sorry then yoink didn't update the OP. :-[
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 07:51:01 pm »

Sorry, a combination of timezones and me sleeping in, I suppose... I was going to keep it at 8 players for now, since I'm not sure how good I am at this.
Maybe if I don't fail too miserably your character can catch up? :) Or I might let you play the wagoneer or something, but that would probably be pretty boring. And you get a -1 to rolls to avoid being shot. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »

Technically, all your missing is some sort of dedicated scout/trail guide archtype.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 08:01:15 pm »

Ah, he was going to be an NPC. :P I gotta have some fun now, don't I?

But that's an idea, I might add a 'trail finding' or 'tracking' skill... Sneaking could work for scouting, but tracking should probably be there too. And then I'll give y'all some more skill points to share around. Not too many, though.

Aaand after that I'll work on the equipment and such.

Edit: I'm not sure if I should give 5 or 6 points... I don't want to be too strict, but I want people to have to use teamwork, as well. :-\
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:05:58 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »

Stick with four to start-you'll want to leave yourself as much room as you can for upping stats in the future through rewards/items.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15