So yeah, some of you probably already know that i dabble in pixel art, but if you didn't, you do now.
I've finally decided to show some of my stuff, all of which can be found on my fancy-shmancy deviantArt page
. But, for those of you too lazy to go there, i present some of the works i like best, oldest first. Hardly any 56k issues here, since most of my stuff only takes up 1-2 KB of space. :U
- In-game snapshot of a custom unit for the game Cortex Command. The limbs had to be done separately, so the shading isn't entirely coherent. (and if i made it today, i'd use MOAR CONTRAST)
- One (actually two, but yeah) of the many characters roaming around in the depths of my mind. His name is E.P.R.D, pronounced E-Pard. Very large, very tough, very hostile and VERY dangerous, as can be expected of a robotic dragon powered by the essence of a pissy demon! (note: would do proportions less stubby today, just been too lazy to do it)
- Isometric mindfuck, oh yeah!
- This is Jerry. He is just as absent-minded as he looks.
- The best tree i ever made. It started out as a green sphere, and got to this point in 11 documented steps. ELEVEN. That is very unlike me to count.
- This is Garry, Jerry's gentleman scottish brother. What, plants can't have siblings? NONSENSE.
- One of the few animations i've made, and it's a SMILEY. Not entirely happy with the withdrawal of the pan, but hey, i'm not an animator.
- And here's Larry, a more distant sibling of Jerry and Garry. He's stark raving mad and perpetually hungry, so stay away from him.
- My favouritest animation of my own, inspired by nothing less than Asterix & Obelix. It is also a good indicator of my usual mental state.
- Here's Dinko, a kobold (drawn very zoomed in, he's only a meter tall), about to poke some... thing. He's my first good attempt at improving with help of extensive criticism, but with my personality being like it is, i couldn't take it for long enough to actually finish the job. This is also where i started slapping grey backgrounds on EVERYTHING.
- And here is P.R-33, who is totally (genetically) unrelated to Jerry, glaring on an unfortunate Dinko. Approximately the same size as Jerry, but once again, very zoomed in when compared to my other stuff. The keen observer will spot an uncanny resemblance to EPRD, which is due to them having the same creator. P.R-33 lacks the demonic possession, though. Also worth noting is the unusual amount of effort spent on anti-aliasing the shading manually. NEVERAGAIN.JPG
- Mr. Baldie, showing off his newly acquired Mace of Epic Baldness. Notable for being the first close view of a human face i've ever made in pixel format(!!!).
- The most hardcore concept i've thought of so far: CYBORG HELLBEAR BAZOOKA CAVALRY. Made to celebrate 2000 views on dA (hence the 2000 in the fire). Yes, i did take reference from a bear photo, because i couldn't draw a bear for the life of me.
- Durpzilla, a gigantic lizard with the IQ of a doorknob with Downs. No arms, you say? That is correct. He does tip over occasionally, and sometimes he won't even notice it, even after plowing up a few miles of soil. He also happens to be one of the most dangerous beings if provoked, since he can breathe what amounts to a Cone of Nuclear Bomb. Fortunately for everything, he's incapable of malice due to sheer stupidity. This is also one of my all-time favourites, because of how smooth and clean it is, and the unusually low amount of flaws.
- MR RAGING MEGAPHONE. I really like how this character turned out, and i think he radiates a lot of
COMEDIC RAGE. Also one of the extremely rare cases where pretty much everything ended up looking like i imagined it! (not to mention the unusual angle of the megaphone part, since i habitually draw things horizontally oriented)
- The first and currently only boss of my game-in-development-and-hiatus, in an in-game snapshot. Although only the thrusters are animated (and the tiny turrets track you around), i like the design myself. Bulky, alien and armed for bear.
- And this... Well, made it for 3000 pageviews on dA. I decided to make some of my characters portray the digits, and it goes like this: Jerry is doing a 3, Mr Baldie's shiny dome is a 0, Larry's gaping maw is another 0 and Garry's monocle makes the last 0. Garry really likes his monocle, hence the background appearance of him.
- This time, it's a big-ass gun. It's made for the humanoid robot above, and is made at a much later date. I would make the contrast greater, but i had a color scheme to follow.
- A more recent animation. Very simple, but i kinda like it. If i didn't have so many other game ideas in mind, i'd make a platformer with this guy!
- Finally approaching the present times, Urist McAxelord here was made specifically for DF, and stands as one of the best humanoids i've drawn so far. Also, someone pointed out that he needed to be shorter, but regrettably, i forgot his name! :C
- You might recognize this from one of my comics. Nothing particularly special about it, other than the size, which probably makes it the largest single object i've ever pixelled down.
- Finally, my most recent public thing. Drew it for Elderont in a thread, based on the description of the artifact. I quite like how it turned out myself. c:
OK there we go, thoughts and comments? Criticism welcome too, but please don't be too harsh about it, i have an issue with asshole critics.