Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mineral Caper - A webcomic functioning like MSPaint Adventures  (Read 1351 times)

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
Mineral Caper - A webcomic functioning like MSPaint Adventures
« on: October 16, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »

Mineral Caper is a comic that is slightly different from the normal routine of a page full of panels, in that it is single panels with text underneath, functioning much like the MSPaint Adventures made by Andrew Hussie. Unlike MSPA though, it still takes user commands to advance the plot, as is evident with the comment boxes that exist on each page. Just a simple reminder, comments on the latest page are what helps advance the plot though.

The comic is made mostly our of gifs and is highly animated, sometimes I even drop an entire flash with music and everything to advance the plot of the story.

Go give it a read, clicking either the image or Mineral Caper in the first paragraph gets you to the first page of my comic! Now is also a good time to catch up, since I am working on something big for it, so it has not been updating for a little over a week.

I am also willing to answer any questions, as long as they don't interfere with planned plot threads later on.

Happy reading! Thank you for bothering with this thread!

-------------------------------------------------------
If you need some previews:

-------------------------------------------------------

FAQ's spawned from this thread:

Q: Hey, why do I have to sign up to comment/command on this site?? I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!!

Easy there, you don't have to use a real email address or name. Just type in something fake that looks like an Email and you will be good to go! There's no commitment here, just have some fun! I don't know how to disable it completely with Disqus, so its a tiny detail we have to live with.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:08:10 am by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral Caper - A webcomic functioning like MSPaint Adventures
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »

There you are! I've been waiting for AGES to tell you that having to register to comment is super annoying and a total deal breaker! Also, the latest flash doesn't seem to quite work for me it just cuts to a blue homogeneous screen after a certain point.

Wait, You were the guy running Change of Scenery the whole time???
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:24:20 pm »

if by latest flash you mean the conversation, then I applaud you for finding the test part that I use to check if something works on my site.

What with having to register to comment, should be a one time deal, also it helps keep spamming down. I can look into if its possible to post without having to sign up.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:27:16 pm »

You don't have to register to comment. You just put in an Email and Name in the Guest section of "Post As..."

The Stick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:07 am »

Wait, You were the guy running Change of Scenery the whole time???

Yes, he is running A Change of Scenery, the Roleplay.  Alongside doing Mineral Caper on his own website.

He is that epic.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

Good news you few people who check this! A flash page is coming up in Mineral Caper, so the story will officially continue in 1 hour! Just wanted to notify you.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:46:24 pm »

Loved the flash.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:21 pm »

I love the soundtrack.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:46 pm »

Yea, speaking of that where is it from/download link?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 09:13:57 pm »

There is no download link for the new song, as I have not talked to that artist about how and what and who yet. I might discuss with her about setting up a bandcamp for it.

A funfact: I do not gain anything from you guys purchasing the music, it all goes completely to the musicians.

Also: Thank you very much for your kind words.

EDIT: Talked to the musician. She will have an album ready over the weekend, where the tune from the latest flash will be on. I will alert you when it is ready.

DOUBLE EDIT: The album is up! Git over there and get the ENHANCED track! That's right! She decided to UPGRADE it and make it longer, just for us! Seriously, go buy the whole album, its great and it supports a delightful person who could, frankly, need the cash.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:13:02 pm by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel