Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Comrade Shook and his very angry pixels  (Read 16486 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Comrade Shook and his very angry pixels
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2012, 08:21:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WHOA HOW DID I not see this before now, that's really

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:01:09 pm by freeformschooler »

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »

Wait, that's actually really only three bit colours? o__O Damn Shook, you're getting better!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:02 am »

That's awesome. For some reason it made me think of Lavos crashing into the earth in Chrono Trigger.

FloorBelow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02:00 am »

Egads! Your fantastic artwork has inspired me to do this incredibly crappy picture (s'not meant to represent anything in particular, just me trying out pixel shading.)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

That's four colours. :P

Still, really cool, and I love the cyanosaurus.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »

That's four colours. :P

Hm... I see light blue, dark blue, and black. What am I missing?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2012, 04:48:20 pm »

Four colors you say? :P
But i appreciate the inadvertent compliment, because it's pretty cool that you could count four when i used three. c:
And needless to say, i'm really glad you like the two, because i consider them among the very best i've made so far (WHICH ISN'T SAYING A LOT).

@FloorBelow: Oho! That's some pretty neat shading, though you might want to use more contrast and brighter colours. Deep blue is already very hard for our eyes to pick up, so maybe either up the brightness or lower the saturation. Or both, that works too.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2012, 04:51:38 pm »

The image you linked is different than the image I see in thread - the additional colors are an artifact of the resizing - view the image at full size reduces it to three. Sorry about that! :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2012, 08:04:36 pm »

A'ight, no problem. Though i have to wonder how you managed to get a 160x120 image resized automatically, since browsers don't usually care about that unless the image is WAY big. Oh well lol. :U

Also, i've begun illustrating various castes of demons for a random pixely project of mine, so here's an imp and a lesser demon.

Yeah, they're supposed to be really skinny. Only the bigger demons get to be beefy. And of course, i also needed an average human to compare them to, but how do i draw a credible average human? It is then that i had a eureka moment.

Illustrate myself, of course! I'm very much an average dude, and i'm fairly aware of how i look, so it's pretty easy for me to draw me. Except that my hair color is bloody impossible to replicate, augh. It's supposed to be dark blond, but how do i dark blond with HSV or RGB? :c
Other obvious deviations from reality: Size of eyeballs, hand shape (i can assure you that my hands are perfectly normal), lack of stubble, constant smirk (as with most people i wear a straight face whenever i'm not under the effects of powerful emotions) and brown shoes (they're more of a muddy ecru with black decorations). The impeccable clothing and bulbous silhouette of my noggin are both entirely in tune with reality.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »

Yeah... Yellowy or Brown is your best bet then.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:39 am »

Blond is a vast mix of colours from relatively pale to definitely brown. On the same head. Easiest way to paint it is to use a brownish colour and then liberally spray on quite-transparent pale yellow. It's still not easy though.

If you really want a HSV just steal it from a photo.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2012, 12:23:19 pm »

Shook, do you have a very tiny head?
Thats the main problem i see with your human.
Else, its pretty nice!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »

Shook, do you have a very tiny head?
Thats the main problem i see with your human.
Else, its pretty nice!

Actually it's about right. From shoulder to shoulder the average body is three heads wide, which his is. The arms are a few pixels too long though, which makes his head seem small.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »

Arms too long, you say? There might be something about it. I am pretty long, but i'm not an orangutan. WILL HAVE TO FIX.

@miauw6s: My noggin is actually fairly huge (size XXL in crash helmet apparently, though it doesn't look that big), but proper head size at that scale is a bitch. Either it looks tiny like that (which apparently isn't that unrealistic compared to the last one here which represents an adult man), or it becomes disproportionally large, since one pixel could represent a 25% increase in width or height. In other words, one pixel makes the difference between tiny and huge.

@Thief^: A'ight, thanks for the tips. I guess it's kind of like skin colour; it's a huge mess of different colours rather than the single one we like to imagine.

@Reudh: Aye, hence why i eventually approximated it to yellow-ish.

also due to my lack of time at the moment you will have to suffice with this laser beam

wargh wargh
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »

Shook, are you making a new weapon for Cortex Command?
I really hope that you are making a new weapon for Cortex Command.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10