Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] Glorious, glorious candy  (Read 18760 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] Glorious, glorious candy
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:58 pm »

Good madam, this has all the makings of a legendary embark location. Congratulations on such a find.

Oh my. :D

Also just going to throw it out there that I'm having difficulties embarking in other locations. First one crashed, second one took a while but revealed a mundane embark with the same height thing and nothing unusual underground. Third's been trying to load for the past minute.

You may have been very lucky not only with your world, but in finding a workable embark space.

How long did it take you to embark at your location?

Not very long at all. DF crashed the first time I tried to load this embark, but I assumed it was because my computer sucks. I didn't try any other embarks on this world.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »

That's luck squared, then. Three gigabytes of processing power solely for DF and BeachCities appears dead in the water.

Does that mean you use Save on Embark? Perhaps I ought to turn that on...

I did use save on embark this time. So glad, too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:58:53 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 10:53:57 pm »

Every now and then it is good to preform some !!SCIENCE!! on anything, including glitched worlds. I would also look around, had I the time for it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:05:54 am »

Wow, crazy! Someone do some more exploring! Thanks for the pictures, Naxza, and thanks for the save lielac!

But seriously, someone please do some more exploring for the forum : D
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 12:18:00 am »

Worldgen file/seed?

I wanna get that seed so I can re-embark with some different gear and a bigger area.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 12:37:31 am »

Worldgen file/seed?

I wanna get that seed so I can re-embark with some different gear and a bigger area.

Seconded.  (If you've lost the seed through later worldgens, it should still be findable in your gamelog.txt with a little searching.)
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:14 am »

It'll be useless.  These sites are world-specific, caused by hiccups during worldgen that cannot be repeated with the seed.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:27 am »

Please do not stop this is very entertaining.
Sadly all glitches I ever got were several thousands of zombies placed in magma sea due to bugged curious structure.
Also, what's up with other civilizations? If world is okay with them someone ought to grab this map and start Skyscrapers 2 succession game  :D
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:53 pm »

Keep going. Don't stop until your computer grows sentient and tries to strangle you for doing this to it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 12:38:16 pm »

This is amazing.  This is not just an unusual embark, the entire world is a funhouse of mirrors and caves!  An infinite sky with adamantine stumps and whole surface caves!

I really think we should start a Skyscrapes 2 in one of these stable embarks.  It would be pretty damn glorious.  Of course, it would be difficult to find enough raw materials, because the sky extends further than the stone.  Hacking some reactions to produce infinite stone may be needed.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »

If all else fails, you can always request lots of stone and blocks from the caravan every year.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:28 pm »

And get like 4 blocks every year, sure...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »

I wonder how many bugs Toady could fix if he decompiled this map.  I wonder if we even want him to, considering how rare these worlds are and how much we enjoy them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »

Oh gawd fractured catacombs!  Adventure mode will never be the same!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »

Hacking some reactions to produce infinite stone may be needed.
Um, how about obsidian farm? They ended up creating one somewhere at 70th floor in original skyscrapers if I remember correct. Also you can mudify whole area and plant trees.
The map is over 4000 levels hight but after you get over 1000 it slows down tremendously bringing your fps onto knees.
As for history, it doesn't have much interesting events. The only beast in the world is roc with 13 kills, humans were crushed by elves and finished off by night monsters. Semi-megabeasts gradually become extinct and eaten by hippies. That all.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6