Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where'd they go?  (Read 590 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Where'd they go?
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:08:34 am »

What happened to all the big, longtime, forumgoers like NW_Kohaku and MaxWhite for example? I Know there are others who are gone but those are examples. It seems like all the people making the suggestions, or commenting on them haven't been around as long and don't bring the complexity or thoughtfulness the older guys did.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Where'd they go?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:02:06 am »

Unless you know their facebook/myspace/twitter accounts or mail, there's no way to tell.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:05:44 am »

What happened to all the big, longtime, forumgoers like NW_Kohaku and MaxWhite for example? I Know there are others who are gone but those are examples. It seems like all the people making the suggestions, or commenting on them haven't been around as long and don't bring the complexity or thoughtfulness the older guys did.

Member list -> search for members -> click Kohaku's profile -> send personal message.

Max White is still plenty active.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »

Seems like Kohaku just hasn't been active in a while. Has better things to do, I assume.

Max White has made the move to the lower forums. He occasionally posts up here as well.

There are plenty of "old forumgoers" that still frequent the upper boards. There's even a topic for it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »

big, longtime, forumgoers like MaxWhite

Date Registered: March 22, 2010

How times change.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »

"Big" is the more important word there. If you post a lot, even in a short amount of time, people will know you better than people who don't post much.

Single most time spent online: Jifodus
That's definitely a "long-time forumgoer" and they're still active and everything.
Participates solely in DF discussion. Is possibly even less known than me. It's all about the posts per day.

Although, you do have a point, 3. I wouldn't say Max White has been here a long time. Compared to the poster, perhaps. And:
Quote from: Profile of NW_Kohaku
Date Registered:    February 12, 2010, 07:06:06 pm