Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The War Dog mayor is fighting!  (Read 1818 times)

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
The War Dog mayor is fighting!
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »

Unforeseen side effect of giving dogs [CAN_LEARN], not just getting them elected, but making me shoot my drink out of my nose when I saw the combat log.

I just wanted to see if dogs could train up fighting skills if I gave them [CAN_LEARN]. That's all I gave them...

What is funnier is that I just found out, there is a real life dog mayor.

http://www.rabbithashusa.com/notions.php

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: The War Dog mayor is fighting!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:58:58 pm »

So can they learn skills properly? And do their attributes go up as well (strength and agility mainly)?

50 doggies already swarm and tire enemies out extremely well. Imagine having 50 spare legendary biters and dodgers that move like lightning.

Now that makes for a yummy dog-meat roast :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

Better.
Do it to cats.
Give them speed: 0
See if you can mod them to be designatable as part of your Military.
Instant 500 soldiers, anyone?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »

Only the creature of your civ (usually dwarves) can be military.  Non-dwarf creatures can be used to fight, but not used as actual military, no matter how much modding.

Garky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

That rabbithash website has a link to Big Bone Lick state park. Juvenile, but amusing!

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 02:16:32 am »

So can they learn skills properly? And do their attributes go up as well (strength and agility mainly)?

50 doggies already swarm and tire enemies out extremely well. Imagine having 50 spare legendary biters and dodgers that move like lightning.

Now that makes for a yummy dog-meat roast :)

Their combat skills and stats go up quickly, it makes them better offensively.  Too bad they still die equally fast whenever hit by any weapons.

Better.
Do it to cats.
Give them speed: 0
See if you can mod them to be designatable as part of your Military.
Instant 500 soldiers, anyone?

Cats are tiny, 1/4 the size of a kobold, which makes them completely ineffective at anything.

Giving creatures speed: 0 screws with the game too much, it is much better to just give them high agility.

Only the creature of your civ (usually dwarves) can be military.  Non-dwarf creatures can be used to fight, but not used as actual military, no matter how much modding.

DFusion actually allows non-civilization  creatures to be added to your military and do jobs, but dwarf therapist doesn't allow you to assign them skills.  You have to do it the old-fasioned way.

Apparently you can select them to be a noble as well.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:37:22 am by Berserkenstein »