Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Operation: Thundering Boulder  (Read 9814 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Operation: Thundering Boulder
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:15:34 pm »

I plan to start a Fortress near the greatest Goblin Civilization on my map. What makes them so great?

They have for  1,000 years won every conflict since the year 77. Their leader is a Demon of Great Strength Ciba the boulder of Thundering. At one point in the year 300 the Civilization had a population of only 120.

She is a female Panther Brute she has a bloated body and patchy slate gray hair. She also has lidless eyes.
She is associated with war, volcanoes, the sun, mountains, light, fire, death and blight. Quite fitting i must say.

She became the lord of The Matched Ghoul in monsterous Bar and has ruled for 1000 years.
She has over 4,000 kills and fought in 58 wars that was the year 300.

I plan to settle this fortress and train military dwarves in order to prepare for the coming of Ciba during the sieges. I have read law-givers of Goblins sometimes come in the siege so i will wait till she comes. Once dead i will then move the body and create a Pyramid from the earth. I will build it out of Metal and fill it with items of Value. Masterpieces, artifacts, the best of things. I can't Bury the corpses of enemies right? Otherwise i shall encase her Skeleton in Glass.

She is the Most Interesting Demon  i genned yet.

Am i Crazy?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:50:53 am by Kromgar »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Thundering Boulder
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Encase the corpse in obsidian, dig out the obsidian, order the obsidian used to make a statue, savescum until it's a masterwork statue of the demon's demise?
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:54 pm »

Encase the corpse in obsidian, dig out the obsidian, order the obsidian used to make a statue, savescum until it's a masterwork statue of the demon's demise?
INGENIUS. Thats so insane it might just work. How do i order THAT EXACT piece of Obsidian be used?
Also i embarked on a volcano near to the Demons base of Operations  so i should get that Goblin Civilization.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:23:31 pm by Kromgar »

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »

Building a mason's workshop near the obsidian and clearing the surroundings of loose stone should cause the mason to use that particular stone. Remember that dwarves do not discern distance between z-levels, so that includes clearing any tunnels above / below the general area.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:05 pm »

or, more simply, put THAT piece of obsidian in a burrow along with a mason's workshop and no other materials.  burrow your legendary mason and order the statue.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »

Forbid all obsidian on your map except for the one piece?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »

I Re-embarked after realizing a fatal error. I did not bring my War Eagles. As i was unable to get an Anvil i have embarked without one. I will wait till the Caravan comes hopefully they will have one.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:34 pm »

I Re-embarked after realizing a fatal error. I did not bring my War Eagles. As i was unable to get an Anvil i have embarked without one. I will wait till the Caravan comes hopefully they will have one.
What Fun it will be if someone else decides to pay a visit first.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:57 pm »

I believe you can bury enemies in coffins if you don't set them for citizens only. I've never done it though.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »

I have reuploaded the save and have Embarked to the location once more.

Granitemerchants has been settled to destroy the Demoness Ciba. (Storywise she has attacked Dwarven Civs before)

Hmm... the water is frozen. I will need to either siphon magma or Crash the Frozen lakes in. I have never actually dealt with pumps before i suppsoe i will need to learn.

Badgers... Why did it have to be Badgers.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:20:29 pm by Kromgar »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »

or, more simply, put THAT piece of obsidian in a burrow along with a mason's workshop and no other materials.  burrow your legendary mason and order the statue.

This is the most sure way to do it. Usually, though, I use the method of dumping the obsidian onto the mason's workshop, queueing up TWO statues (or whatever I'm making), then forbidding the piece of boring stone he brings to the workshop - then the obsidian will be the closest piece of stone.

Also remember to SAVE as soon as he starts work on the statue, for le savescumming.

When doing the encasing, you should probably immerse it in water and add a bit of magma NOT the other way around, to prevent the corpse from being destroyed before encasing.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

This is the most sure way to do it. Usually, though, I use the method of dumping the obsidian onto the mason's workshop, queueing up TWO statues (or whatever I'm making), then forbidding the piece of boring stone he brings to the workshop - then the obsidian will be the closest piece of stone.

Also remember to SAVE as soon as he starts work on the statue, for le savescumming.

When doing the encasing, you should probably immerse it in water and add a bit of magma NOT the other way around, to prevent the corpse from being destroyed before encasing.
Wouldn't it technically still be destroyed?

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »

What with being indifferent to magma, wouldn't it not destroy their corpse?
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:20 pm »

A wooden item can be submerged in water and then have magma applied, which preserves the wood inside obsidian.  In reverse, if you attempted to pour magma, it would burn.  This is the glorious thing about obsidian.  On the same note, I would encase the corpse in obsidian, and order an engraving.  Savescum until the demon is making a plaintive gesture.  Better yet, put the demon under the obsidian in a tiny pit, alive.

Also: you cannot bury invaders, you may only bury pets and dwarves.  You can engrave memorial slabs for any dead named creature, including invaders.  I had a hall of megabeasts memorial slabs once.  Minotaurs and giants long butchered and eaten, their names crafted in stone in the floor.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

A wooden item can be submerged in water and then have magma applied, which preserves the wood inside obsidian.  In reverse, if you attempted to pour magma, it would burn.  This is the glorious thing about obsidian.  On the same note, I would encase the corpse in obsidian, and order an engraving.  Savescum until the demon is making a plaintive gesture.  Better yet, put the demon under the obsidian in a tiny pit, alive.

Also: you cannot bury invaders, you may only bury pets and dwarves.  You can engrave memorial slabs for any dead named creature, including invaders.  I had a hall of megabeasts memorial slabs once.  Minotaurs and giants long butchered and eaten, their names crafted in stone in the floor.
Hmm... Capturing it alive could prove irksome but it would be HILARIOUS.

Disaster struck the Giant Badgers took my farmer. Then a miner had a cave collapse in on his head *honestly i dont understand this he built a ramp in a stable cave*

Morale is low.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:26:07 pm by Kromgar »
Pages: [1] 2 3