Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unsung Heroes of your Fortress  (Read 1065 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unsung Heroes of your Fortress
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:58:47 am »

The heroes who were not in the military.

Apparently a Forgotten Beast showed up in my fort no idea how. Well i didn't even know until it was dead.
I went to the main stairwell and saw a forgotten beast corpse. 2 Dead dwarves and an unconcious one laying on the ground. So i wonder what just happened and checked the report. I see the beast ripped off the dwarfs arm who then went on to kick the Beast in the head decapitating it.

She now has an Candy Sarcophagus. Oh and shes now the Mayor after the one of 15 years died to exploding feet syndrome.

Who are your heroes?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:29:51 am by Kromgar »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Unsung Heroes of your Fortress
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09:08 am »

Posting to watch, I'm sad that I don't have any good stories to share.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 10:17:54 am »

The guy assigned to the bridge lever and spike trap lever. that guy who's name i forget has saved the fort more then the entire military.
 and pretty much any lever puller who DOES THEIR JOB deserves a mention.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:20:35 am »

Momuz Erithigath, formerly a peasant with no skills other than a few dabbling skills which were worthless, was conscripted into the axedwarf squad.  She then proceeded to kill six goblins armed with iron/copper/silver weapons (two-handed swords and pikes) without taking a single injury, splattering their corpses across the battlefield and causing the rest of the goblins to flee, where they were cut down by my marksdwarves and hammerdwarves..  Not even a bruising or a cut on her.  :D

I honestly just conscripted her because she was kinda useless otherwise and my useful professions were already taken up by others.

She isn't unsung anymore.  I'm giving her a gold coffin soon :D
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:27 am »

Momuz Erithigath, formerly a peasant with no skills other than a few dabbling skills which were worthless, was conscripted into the axedwarf squad.  She then proceeded to kill six goblins armed with iron/copper/silver weapons (two-handed swords and pikes) without taking a single injury, splattering their corpses across the battlefield and causing the rest of the goblins to flee, where they were cut down by my marksdwarves and hammerdwarves..  Not even a bruising or a cut on her.  :D

I honestly just conscripted her because she was kinda useless otherwise and my useful professions were already taken up by others.

She isn't unsung anymore.  I'm giving her a gold coffin soon :D

It really helps when creating monuments to your heroes when you find an enormous candy spire. ohohoho so much candy.

For every hero in my fort after they die i create a slab to put infront of their coffin. If they had a wife then i put a coffin for them next to the heroes grave. Iton awaits the day he will see his wife once more. Lor is one of the greatest heroes in my fort
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:29:33 am by Kromgar »