Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Non-Dwarf Migrants/custom-edited non-dwarfs as part of your fort?  (Read 3360 times)

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Dwarf Migrants/custom-edited non-dwarfs as part of your fort?
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »

I meant for already existing characters, rather than for new ones...
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 08:34:24 am »

Now that this is mostly working, I'm gonna take someone's suggestion and add in the human and elf representatives.

Perhaps someone can mod a kobold representative in the future?

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 09:11:08 am »

And another thing for Kobolds...

I need to add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] alongside [BONECARN] in the kobold civilization so they don't starve to death-- will this change the kobold members of my fortress, or am I misunderstanding this?  Should I just remove [BONECARN] instead, so I don't have to deal with non-eating and non-drinking kobold citizens by having Kobolds be omnivores?

edit:  okay, from your annotations, it looks like it shouldn't, as you've already removed bonecarn anyway.  So it actually would make sense to remove it from the kobold civilization, too.  Thank you for your wonderful documentation, Putnam!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:22:56 am by Melissia »

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:59 am »

I'm adding the following to the Kobold society, along with making them have access to metal items:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, that means that they have some light armor (mail shirts, bucklers, and a helmet most notably), lesser metals (copper, bronze, brass, etc), but not steel. 

Probably catapulting their civilizations far beyond what they'd have otherwise, but I am going to be generating a very long history so I want them to survive.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 11:19:38 am »

World generation begins!  I'll post the progress of this in my DF Mode Discussion board thread.

I still need to find out how to go in and edit the specific descriptions, tags, etc of a specific entity in DF Mode, though...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to do so.

On another note, diplomats from other entities (unless they're elves) will just walk in, take a good look at your traps, compliment you on your ability to diggy diggy home, then leave.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:43 pm »

nah, they do that if you name them diplomat, but if you call them guild representatives, they'll come in and ask what you want next year and tell you exactly what they want next year, just like the dwarf liason does. the elven wood cartel representative does just the same. both even have unique text already in the game. i've even taken it to other races and noticed that the text color is based on what the 'generator' race was. anything that uses the elves as a base (like meowkin from legends of forlorn realms) does their text in green, human based are in blue, and goblin based races (the drow i use, and...well, goblins themselves) have purple text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 01:26:07 am »

nah, they do that if you name them diplomat, but if you call them guild representatives, they'll come in and ask what you want next year and tell you exactly what they want next year, just like the dwarf liason does. the elven wood cartel representative does just the same. both even have unique text already in the game. i've even taken it to other races and noticed that the text color is based on what the 'generator' race was. anything that uses the elves as a base (like meowkin from legends of forlorn realms) does their text in green, human based are in blue, and goblin based races (the drow i use, and...well, goblins themselves) have purple text

Well, no.

That would be the RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS tag; diplomats have the RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_INTRODUCTIONS, MAKE_PEACE_AGREEMENTS, and MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS tags.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 05:35:49 am »

I am too late on explaining how to get multiple playable races in DF using Dfusion and maybe runesmith?
because one may need an older dfusion to get it to work.
and all one needs to get a multi cultural fort is to add the race raw name (which is in ALLCAPS) to the race file in the friendship and migrant folder.
then run friendship right before playing the game(map embark screen is Ideal) to grant those races the ability to do royal jobs and stuff.
that or run migrant and wait for them to come to you, or change the civ number in Runesmith to the same one the citizens of the fort have and remove is resident flag off the creature.
you could also use old dfusion to race change a creature to the civ enlist them to the military then change them back and now have full control over that creature.
Even better is that you can slap on the Is resident flag on military units and still be able to order them around and only worry about getting them train and properly armed.
There is a tutorial in the old Dfusion thread and the warmist would be happy to help any one who confused with it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »

...yeah, note to self. post *after* a good night's sleep, not while trying to doze off at the computer...

naming has nothing to do with what they can do, it's all in the tags. and i'm pretty sure that the tag needed to trade with other civs is [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] instead of [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] (although, you can give the racial liasons both,of course). giving my humans just the latter had them do as putnam mentioned earlier, walk in say "hey, nice place you got here" and leave

the merchant guild representative i posted earlier in another thread has just the trade responsibility and does all the trading just fine. the elf representative has both that and the colony trade tag. and it's rather nice being able to tell the elves "i want an elephant, a few giant tigers, and a moose man next year instead of these bins of cloth"

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Can I do something similar to, say, create an elf outsider in adventurer mode?

I noticed the adventurer tiers tags in entity_default, but I dunno what tags indicate they can be outsiders (I looked in the human set of tags and I wasn't able to find it).

edit:  ah, found it.... [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:58:37 pm by Melissia »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »

For the kobolds: Add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] before generation, then remove afterwards.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »

For the kobolds: Add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] before generation, then remove afterwards.

It's not problem; I removed [BONECARN] and the mod is very caste-y

Also, just removing [BONECARN] works well enough, and if you're not planning to play as them, you don't need to remove afterwards.
Pages: 1 2 [3]