Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: "The age of Men has begun"  (Read 8776 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The age of Men has begun"
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

I thought of that, but I decided it wasn't worth the work.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 08:01:30 pm »

It really is a bit much for personal use modding but I'd definitely download an "Age of Men" mod that had multiple human civilizations.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 11:19:07 pm »

UPDATE:
The wall is completely made up. 3x thick, 1z high with Fortifications on top. I've got bows, arrows, and quivers imported from the elves for my peasant archers, and my axemen have survived long enough to be able to take down a pack of ogres effortlessly, singlehandedly.
I've got fish, farms, and weavers working non-stop, and the Ziggurat will be built shortly.
Also, Humans marry/breed A LOT more than Dwarves.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:43:07 am by franti »
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 12:45:13 am »

So, I coppied/pasted the fortress into another file, so I could look into legends mode. After an hour or so of looking around, I have discovered that one of the half-dozen Human civs in my world has a giant Crane made of granite "twisted into humanoid form" as a leader. I can't remember which civ is mine, though.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:43 am »

UPDATE:
The wall is completely made up. 3x thick, 1z high with Fortifications on top. I've got bows, arrows, and quivers imported from the elves for my peasant archers, and my axemen have survived long enough to be able to take down a pack of ogres effortlessly, singlehandedly.
I've got fish, farms, and weavers working non-stop, and the Ziggurat will be built shortly.
Also, Humans marry/breed A LOT more than Dwarves.
Is it just me or do they synchronize drinking and eating more too? My entire fortress goes into total shutdown when everyone decides they could go for a cold one at the same time.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 12:33:33 pm »

On my human fortress I only receive caravans from the elves and my laison, no goblins yet (3 years)
Trying a new experiment, I changed dwarves into humans, gave them human ethics/equipment/religion, got rid of funky beards and hair, here is what I got.
Copy this over dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fingers crossed for human caravans and gobbos!

sirdanilot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:21 am »

^^ I guess I'll try to copy that over dwarf, as I am in need of a new challenge anyway. Do I need to generate a new world for it to work?

I'm planning to build a completely above-ground fortress, made out of stone blocks and wood. The only digging I'll do will be for a moat and a stone quarry; perhaps for metal as well. I'll also only do above-ground farming, focusing on longland flour (humans need starch) and also nice meadows and stables for my cows.

Sadly, my machine cannot handle a large amount of people, so pop cap will have to be put on 50 for the sake of FPS :( I've found my forts of 70 dwarves already going down to FPS=10 or even less, effectively making a fort unplayable.

EDIT: So how exactly do I go about this? If I copy this over dwarf in entity_default.txt, and then I generate a world, it give the error that there aren't any defined civs...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:34:05 am by sirdanilot »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 04:52:11 pm »

^^ I guess I'll try to copy that over dwarf, as I am in need of a new challenge anyway. Do I need to generate a new world for it to work?

I'm planning to build a completely above-ground fortress, made out of stone blocks and wood. The only digging I'll do will be for a moat and a stone quarry; perhaps for metal as well. I'll also only do above-ground farming, focusing on longland flour (humans need starch) and also nice meadows and stables for my cows.

Sadly, my machine cannot handle a large amount of people, so pop cap will have to be put on 50 for the sake of FPS :( I've found my forts of 70 dwarves already going down to FPS=10 or even less, effectively making a fort unplayable.

EDIT: So how exactly do I go about this? If I copy this over dwarf in entity_default.txt, and then I generate a world, it give the error that there aren't any defined civs...
Instead of copying it over dwarf try copying it over the existing human entity. I think it's under Plains or something like that, you'll also want to remove Civ_Controllable from the entity_default.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 04:59:30 pm »

If you add these lines to the [mountain] in the default_entity.txt when you play as humans, then the alcoholic maniacs will send you a caravan too.

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]

Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »

If you add these lines to the [mountain] in the default_entity.txt when you play as humans, then the alcoholic maniacs will send you a caravan too.

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]

Sweet. That's what I've been trying to figure out.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »

So I gened a new world and started a fort in an evil wasteland. One of my masons mooded and built a statue depicting a Human being removed from it's leadership position in year 5. It's year 7, so I checked my civ screen. My king is Ada. Odd name. Coppied/pasted the world into a new file, and checked the legends file. Ada is a Tortoise Fiend. Sweet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]