Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kernel32.dll problem in Morrowind  (Read 2310 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kernel32.dll problem in Morrowind
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:42:10 am »

I'm having a problem about Morrowind Graphics Extender and it's this: "The Procedure Entry Point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

It appears there a lot people having Kernel32.dll problems in games. In dll problems you just have to replace it but it's Kernel32.dll and I think it might mess up my computer if I do something wrong. I tried to replace the Kernel32.dll in Morrowind folder but it didn't work. I even tried to delete it and run the Morrowind.exe but the same error message appeared.

I upgraded/got, 3.5 .Net, directx, video card drivers and some others I can't rembember right now. I thought about using a registry repair program but most of them are scams and rogueware.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G102M

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kernel32.dll problem in Morrowind
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:09:02 pm »

Set MGE into XP compatability mode. This is the help I'm getting from an FAQ I found in like a minute of looking. If that doesn't work, make sure you're either on an administrator account or running Morrowind and MGE as an administrator. Also, have you ran Morrowind at least once without MGE? You know what, here, find your own answer.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17:14 pm »

Set MGE into XP compatability mode. This is the help I'm getting from an FAQ I found in like a minute of looking. If that doesn't work, make sure you're either on an administrator account or running Morrowind and MGE as an administrator. Also, have you ran Morrowind at least once without MGE? You know what, here, find your own answer.

Thanks a lot for your very kind answer. I'm just overwhelmed by your kindness.

My problem isnt "Q: When I try to run MGEgui a message comes up saying "MGEgui has stopped working." Why's that?"

I'm running everything as administrator and I tried that. Didn't work. I ran Morrowind without MGE and played a lot.

Also, it seems this happens to a few other games for some people. I encountered a guy having the same problem with Call of Duty. It only happens in MGE for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:20:13 pm by Leatra »

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »

I used to get this problem in games all the time on Windows XP, only seen it once or twice on 7. You might have to bite the bullet and replace it with a clean copy in windows/system32. The only program I can think of that might help is Rootkit-buster from Trend Micro. I honestly don't know if it would help or not in this case, but it's there if you care to try. Apparently it doesn't work on 64-bit Windows systems though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:20:25 pm »

I would suggest going to a more MGE specialized discussion forum. You're more likely to get help to your problem there.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 08:13:01 am »

I used to get this problem in games all the time on Windows XP, only seen it once or twice on 7. You might have to bite the bullet and replace it with a clean copy in windows/system32. The only program I can think of that might help is Rootkit-buster from Trend Micro. I honestly don't know if it would help or not in this case, but it's there if you care to try. Apparently it doesn't work on 64-bit Windows systems though.
I hate Windows 7.

Can anybody provide a link to Morrowid Grapics Extender 3.0.3 or any version earlier than that? That may work. Even 2.0 version is good enough for me.