Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 53537 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »

I'm guessing most of Bay 12 is at Lybia. What percentage of strength and IQ do you need? do you need an Albert Einstein (80 IQ - 20 STR)? I'm going to be Jetex1911 in game.

If you're going to do a strength based profession (hunter, miner, farmer, soldier?), you should have 60 STR/40 IQ. If it's an IQ-based profession (engineer, scientist, poltician? Spy?), then have it 60 IQ/40 STR. Just my recommendation though, I'm not a leader or anything.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »

Okay, Onward to the Boatmurdered Mines!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »

Alright, I'm eating up to regain my STR and then I'm on my way to Tripoli. Should be there in 30 ticks.

By the way, two things:

Are we a collective or a capitalistic system, i.e. do we pool the resources we gather to expand Libya and then give out cash on an as-needed basis to each other, or do we each work for our own benefit first and the nation second? Beyond simple gathering of enough material to sell for food, that is.

And two: How easy is it to get cash for a plot with a storage shed on it? A few days worth of work, maybe?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:02:46 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 11, 2011, 08:39:00 pm »

We farmers provide funding for everyone else to do their thing in most cases.
*Hugs*

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »

Heh, the only GC offers that don't require you to buy some service link to a site full of trojans. Nice marketing partners there.

In other words: DON'T ACCEPT THEIR LINKS TO MATOMY.COM, IT HAS TROJAN-LADEN POPUPS. IF YOU DO GO THERE, CLOSE THE WINDOW WITH THE TASK MANAGER.

Well, the task options are quite safe, although they are extremely tedious. I think most of the free ones are safe enough, the only really questionable ones are the ones that make you download something. Most of them just make you slog through a gauntlet of ads. I have reasonable experience with milking free offers from a variety of games and I've found that most of them are reasonably safe as long as you are VERY careful with information disclosure and never do anything that requires a download or anything that has to do with cell phones. Then again, since you can't be too sure, I'm scanning my computer as we speak.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 11, 2011, 09:04:55 pm »

Heh, the only GC offers that don't require you to buy some service link to a site full of trojans. Nice marketing partners there.

In other words: DON'T ACCEPT THEIR LINKS TO MATOMY.COM, IT HAS TROJAN-LADEN POPUPS. IF YOU DO GO THERE, CLOSE THE WINDOW WITH THE TASK MANAGER.

Well, the task options are quite safe, although they are extremely tedious. I think most of the free ones are safe enough, the only really questionable ones are the ones that make you download something. Most of them just make you slog through a gauntlet of ads. I have reasonable experience with milking free offers from a variety of games and I've found that most of them are reasonably safe as long as you are VERY careful with information disclosure and never do anything that requires a download or anything that has to do with cell phones. Then again, since you can't be too sure, I'm scanning my computer as we speak.

I only did ones that didn't require a download or anything other than a valid email (my spamlist gmail account). That site specifically was tagged by McAfee as having potential malware, and it brought up a number of popups when I tried to enter the email or exit the page that look exactly like the typical trojan bait-popups where the download is initiated simply by clicking on the popup window.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to give me free GC, inv code here: INV16580C440     :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:08:46 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2011, 09:09:11 pm »

~snip~

~snip~

I only did ones that didn't require a download or anything other than a valid email (my spamlist gmail account). That site specifically was tagged by McAfee as having potential malware, and it brought up a number of popups when I tried to enter the email or exit the page that look exactly like the typical trojan bait-popups where the download is initiated simply by clicking on the popup window.

McAfee SiteAdvisor seems to think matomy.com is a safe site. http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/matomy.com. Although I do agree that the popups are extremely questionable, have you actually gotten a trojan from them? It seems to me that you simply think that the popups look like trojan popups, not that you actually know whether or not if you have gotten trojans from them.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2011, 09:10:56 pm »

Hello citizens of Libya and other players from bay12.

This is Kalinin from SR, I am not sure how leadership for your citizens and players work however I come offering a business deal to provide jobs to all Libyan citizens and visitors.

I understand starting a new country can be quite difficult and not many players are very helpful but I do wish to change that, I can assist with building the foundation and providing jobs to all players as well as advice and guides to each profession.
I will send a personal message to Nanoth detailing what I have in mind. But essentially I will build factories and provide jobs to each citizens and visitor to operate and repair the buildings.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Messages in forums or ingame chat/messages can be used to reach me.

I think we are doing things quite well without some random coming and "Helping"
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »

Let me put it this way: If you want to use the site and click the popups, that is your deal. I've had too much trouble from this sort of crap to take risks for something so unimportant.  :)

Also, lol'd at China's 70% tax rate.

Edit: Also, that wasn't the exact name, it was something along the lines of stats-matomy.com or some such.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:13:50 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:16 pm »

When did I say I was clicking the popups? :P

Also, if I ruin this computer, it's not such a big deal, it's an old outdated WinXP laptop that no one wants anyways :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 11, 2011, 09:20:28 pm »

I can think of a better use for it than getting infected with trojans. Namely, dropping it off of a building.  ;)

Although XP was great, compared to Vista.

Actually, gonna put off travel until right before I pass out, so I can maximize training time in newbland.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2011, 09:20:43 pm »

So just to fill everyone in...

Today I was kept away from the computer due to some DYI jobs that I was forced to assist in.
We passed the Level 5 Research level. Yeah sounds good right. NOPE. At level5 we break the "newbie protection" we are now open to attack from anyone.
Apparently Forsaken Ragedquit about something, don't care. Don't give a damn. But still.
I am now out of cash because Researchers decided to drain me of all cash.
Powerplants went down and people are still trying to build factories that lack power and the decide that that every factory needs its own bloody powerplant next to it instead of working on making Asphalt for the roads...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 11, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

I have potentially 45K in cash if I sell all of my GCs to the global market, don't know what good that would do though, still new to this game and rather clueless.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:19 pm »

Yeah, the upper part of Tripoli needs power.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 11, 2011, 10:20:17 pm »

I have potentially 45K in cash if I sell all of my GCs to the global market, don't know what good that would do though, still new to this game and rather clueless.
Keep your GC, don't waste them on Cash its easy to make or get with most jobs out there. GC can be used to buy the Tools we need though so check out the Supermarket and ask what we need mostly.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34