Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52684 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!
« Reply #420 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

I have a few more days of my leadership unless no one votes again, but then again the one up for voting isn't active anymore.
None the less. I am edging my mind back to becoming an Overlord for a while unless people start doing shit for the country over themselves. Its starting to get under my skin when I see people in Country chat asking for work when there should be plenty of it.

ALSO.
Researchers. You like being paid for working right, did you know that it costs me money not only to pay you but to fund you. Did you know that each morning I wake up to find my wallet compleatly empty. How about donating me some cash for your research. Or heck ANYONE donating me cash would be wonderful. I am almost always exploring for more Mines right now that I don't get ANY income...

ALSO ALSO.
Do we enjoy being defenseless???
How about sending me some Iron so that I can fund the construction of those Apartments in the Capital.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »

How about sending me some Iron so that I can fund the construction of those Apartments in the Capital.

Speaking of, have you considered running a higher tiered apartment building right away instead of the one you got placed? I am not sure if it  would be worth it at this point, but just food for thought

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:31 pm »

Our expedition leader will tantrum soon.
Are you ALL sure you want to let it happen?

..reminder:
You are not playing dwarf fortress.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 13, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »

..reminder:
ALL OF YOU are not playing dwarf fortress.
Fixed that...

Too many people are trying to be boss. All boss with no workers means nothing gets done.
There are roles to be filled and many of those roles are just simple workers. Not everyone can own a Factory and Mine and Farm at once, people trying to do that will find themselves swapping jobs too many times to do the work instead of focusing on one main job with the others as backup, hire folks with jobs and set them up instead of doing it yourself...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #424 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:33 am »

Which jobs really need to get done now (I'm miner/hunter)? It's tough to tell what's important with so many random jobs in the job center and all that.

Also, I would hazard a guess that part of the problem with no money in the coffers stems from people trading over chat and sending items directly, thereby averting the tax from the marketplace. If people are just doing it for convenience, that would be fine if they also sent some money directly to our leader to make up for bypassing the market. I would have no idea how to enforce this though.

Anyway, I don't own anything and am not trying to be a boss, but I have very little spare time so I don't get much time to figure out what the priorities of the country are. So far I've mostly just been foraging, since I can set up a job and walk away for 9 hours while I go to work. Maybe Neyvn could keep a list posted somewhere of what's really critical? And IRC is not ideal for me, since I don't have the computer on for most of the day and as far as I can tell, you can only see messages posted *after* you log in and miss the old ones (though I don't know much about IRC).

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2011, 12:30:33 am »

Ohh, the reminder wasn't directed at you, Neyvn.
I'm moving on to Lybia, I'm only Rank 2 Scientist/Miner though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2011, 03:53:21 am »

I appear to have found a mulberry sprout. Anyone want it? If I sell it on the market, what's a fair price?

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2011, 07:18:54 am »

I'm a level 4 engineer. I don't mind working for free, but I do want to work. Can someone offer me a stable job?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2011, 07:31:44 am »

I'm a level 4 engineer. I don't mind working for free, but I do want to work. Can someone offer me a stable job?
I would be happy to hire you in my Brick Factory right now, in fact, if anything I may even build a second Big sawmill (though I may stick with a small one for now) if your willing to do woodcutting too. Also if your Miner heck I can give you a ton of work...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2011, 09:21:41 am »

From the sound of things right now, we're really short on operators and resource suppliers, and have way too many people who want to own factories and have them idle because there isn't anyone to work in them. So if I got that right what we really need right now are: Engineers, Miners, woodcutters. We don't all need to be bourgeois uber-capitalists.  ;)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 14, 2011, 09:28:54 am »

no, no, no engineers. there are many people who try to operate. we just have no resources.
at least, I don't. other people maybe have more

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:10 am »

Basicly its like this...

1: We don't need any more Shop Owners right now. We need workers.
2: Mining isn't getting done for Country benefit, more to fill peoples pockets and to build the 5th Foundry for their personal use.
3: Woodcutting isn't being done despite anyone can do it.
4: Farmers are lining their pockets too, too many go farming aswell...
5: Self Profit is plaguing our Country and we are less then a week old. Hitting the top quickly will make us targets, but gold lined pockets will not protect us or you...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 14, 2011, 09:49:53 am »

I am tyring a new business model  to restart economy. Since people want their own buildings, I am giving them buildings. And they sell me stuff at cheapish prices. 

of course prices of advanced products like asphalt will increase, but at least we will have them. There will just be some inflation.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2011, 10:02:07 am »

I am tyring a new business model  to restart economy. Since people want their own buildings, I am giving them buildings. And they sell me stuff at cheapish prices. 

of course prices of advanced products like asphalt will increase, but at least we will have them. There will just be some inflation.
Nope sorry that won't work...
I have pretty much disallowed new buildings atm...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:44 am »

how would that matter? I am giving away my already existing raw materials producing buildings. And I placed an oil derrick this morning.

2 people already accepted the deal and received their mine.

so, I would say it is working.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34