Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 53213 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »

So, I spent 13 ticks mining ore and my mining exp is still at 0, what gives?

NVM, I guess it's because I wasn't getting the ore

You get experience at the end of whatever activity you're doing. You can mine for 49 ticks, but if you told it to mine for 50 you don't get experience until you're done. If it ends prematurely you just get experience for however much you did.

Edit: Also, yeah newbie land is really frustrating for IQ types. I'm glad I gave myself 20 strength so I can at least chop some stuff.  :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »

Uhh double post. :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

If someone needs an operator (engineer) as an employee, just give me a nod. I'm willing to work for free, as long as I get books to restore my IQ ^^
And of course, this doesn't mean I work for free indefinately, but just to help Libya off the grounds.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »

I didn't get any exp after ending prematurely though, but I got exp when I ignored the job and went off to mine some clay on my own time.
*Hugs*

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

Hmmm no matter what I do looks like there's no way to get "builder" XP in Newbie town, because the only thing the game master was building in now completed :/ I assume that resets after a while, probably midnight of the next day after it's finished or something.

I guess I'll switch to farmer training
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:14:24 pm by Reelyanoob »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »

Hmmm no matter what I do looks like there's no way to get "builder" XP in Newbie town, because the only thing the game master was building in now completed :/

What? When I was there the Castle never completed it always got reset back to 0% every so often before it got completed.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:29 pm »

Hmmm no matter what I do looks like there's no way to get "builder" XP in Newbie town, because the only thing the game master was building in now completed :/

What? When I was there the Castle never completed it always got reset back to 0% every so often before it got completed.

Yea, but it seems its glitched and stopped resetting.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »

You don't need a plane ticket to travel somewhere. It just makes it a lot quicker.

Gold is the "pay to win" version of this game. However, I've noticed it costs quite a lot of money to "pay to win". Plus, you can't really win in this game anyway, well by yourself.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:24 pm »

The only thing the gold seems to be for is to buy tools to increase your efficiency, and a lot of players are buying those and selling them for normal money anyway.
*Hugs*

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »

Name: Asgarus
Profession: Engineer.

For now i'll stay in NY, will travel to Lybia if i decide to keep playing it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2011, 05:32:40 pm »

Okay guys we now have a Forest plot, Int suggested Benghazi as a name, Good?

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »

Okay guys we now have a Forest plot, Int suggested Benghazi as a name, Good?

How about FUCK GHADAFI WE GOT DWARVES?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2011, 05:36:51 pm »

I'll probably head out there soon
*Hugs*

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »

Making a lot of money, and when you guys discover some mining plots I'll head on over.

I'm thinking about diversifying into wood cutting to cover my construction bases, but might go for farming to get food. Hm. Decisions decisions. Or even builder, which is a strength skill?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »

Is there any work for a nerdypants in libya?  I went 100% smarts like an idiot and cant do any of the jobs at newb york.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34