Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52697 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »

Crapping expensive. Any idea on what all that does?

Doesn't say anything specific but heres the descriptions:

Aspirin
Price: $40,000
Gold Credit: 0
Description: Very effective against headache.

Book of truths
Description: This book contains everything you want to know but have been afraid to ask.

Bottle of red wine
Description: For those times when you want to be in high spirits.

Creamed spinach
Description: The myth that spinach makes you strong is actually true.

Gypsy soup
Description: Based on an ancient gypsy recipe, this meal cures your most vicious illnesses.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »

Looks like intelligence will let me operate the elvan torture chamber so I won't be needing that testosterone after all.  I'm not sure if it will actually pay me anything though.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »

So what's the best use of XP?  I see 10.5k will get me +1 profession slot, or +1 Str/Int/Mood - is that all the choices?  Hmm, I'll probably take 1 more profession and then start cranking stats.  I should hit level 4 farmer early tomorrow, and no way to advance L1 Scientist.  I'm toying with dropping that and taking a bunch of testosterone to be Builder/Farmer or Miner/Farmer - or maybe just mildly rejigger it say 60/40 Str/Int.

I'll possibly be on my way tomorrow - do we have farming plots there yet, or how would I get one?  Are there any resources or stuff from NewbYork you guys need?  Unless I spend another day grinding cash or commodities, I'm probably going to come broke and commodity-less spending my cash on all the books I can. (There's no source of books, especially intermediate books there yet right?)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2011, 09:44:38 pm »

Don't suppose you could gift me timber to use at the lumber mill?  I would be willing to kick the lumber back your way after using it at the sawmill.  Or maybe I've got the order backwards.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »

Pretty sure it's wood ==> timber

Also, I've noticed that you can only queue up 1 tick for "jobs" you do for others.

That kind of sucks!! Like you can't queue up more than 30 minutes ahead if you don't own the building???

So as I get 10% of farmer per "job" done, I've got to babysit this thing for 140 minutes to get from level 3 => level 4 barring some miracle? Occasionally I get more than the 10% but there's no explanation of why or wherefore. It could be due to WHICH plot you're working on, but the job & activity screens tell you nothing about the state of the plot that job is associated with.

This game is full of unrealized potential due to bad design.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:52:49 pm by Reelyanoob »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »

I'd be game but I only have 14 lumber, and can't ship it to a different country either :(  I could go harvest more and bring it, but it's gonna be a while, I will be at 0 Str in 1 tick from grinding farming....

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:50 pm »

The thing won't send my verification e mail, it's kind of irritating that I can't get on and put up my next tasks.

Odd, did you check your spam folders?  I never had an issue with it.

Yeah, even had it resent...nothing!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2011, 09:58:22 pm »

Don't suppose you could gift me timber to use at the lumber mill?  I would be willing to kick the lumber back your way after using it at the sawmill.  Or maybe I've got the order backwards.

Well you could just chop our tree to get wood then process into timber, we have 1 tree after all. :P

Pretty sure it's wood ==> timber

Also, I've noticed that you can only queue up 1 tick for "jobs" you do for others.

Huh? I thought you could, I used to set it to do a job for gamemaster at NewbYork for like 50 ticks?
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2011, 10:01:13 pm »

Not with harvesting jobs at least, as soon as I select one of those the "number of ticks" option box disappears

At this point if I wasn't for other Bay12 people I would throw this game against the wall and piss on it, metaphorically.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:09 pm »

Ahh I sort of understand your question - yeah most of the farming jobs like Water and Harvest are only 1 tick long - they did warn that Farming was an attention-heavy profession to make up for the large XP rewards.  That's why I was hoping to match it up with something I could set for long-running like Scientist, although it would have worked better with another STR-based job now that I think about it....

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

Well you could just chop our tree to get wood then process into timber, we have 1 tree after all. :P

I have no strength and no food to gain it with.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »

Well you have plenty of testosterone to nom if you can't do anything else.

And you can sleep in this game. Not 100% but that gives strength back?

Down all your testoerone (it's queue-able), then queue up a sleep.

Sorry, unless you made some money in newb town, that's all you can do. (well that's if food is for sale in Libya)

I'll be along tomorrow with quite a bit of cash (> $2000) and about 200 each of wood and stone.

Is there anything I need to spend my cash on that's not gettable in Libya?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:15:39 pm by Reelyanoob »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

Sleeping only gives mood back, you have to eat food to get strength back.

Also not sure what we need really, except maybe food so we don't have to go abroad to get our strength back, Iron might be nice too so we can get this supermarket worked on.
Steam Profile

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »

If there's a farm plot, once I get there I can farm grain or whatever, which will give back STR - IS there a farm plot?   Easiest to distribute if there's a marketplace - do we have one yet?  If not I could do it manually, and even bring some food from NewbYork if it's in dire shortage....

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »

If there's a farm plot, once I get there I can farm grain or whatever, which will give back STR - IS there a farm plot?   Easiest to distribute if there's a marketplace - do we have one yet?  If not I could do it manually, and even bring some food from NewbYork if it's in dire shortage....

There isn't a farm plot yet, that's my goal right now, exploring.

Also I added mining and forest data of our two plots to the OP.
Steam Profile
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34