Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52643 times)

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2011, 08:39:27 am »

Im on my way to tripoli now, its gonna take 5 hours though.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2011, 08:44:56 am »

What's your user name ? I have some supplies to deliver (to build the supermarket), Otherwise there's no food supplies in Libya til we  build that.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's you, Future, so I gave you 20 Iron, plz deliver that to the guys in Libya for building structures.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:49:10 am by Reelyanoob »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:43 am »

How do you advance a skill beyond level 4? And is there a basic guide on what I should do/have before I leave for Libya?

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2011, 09:22:40 am »

Yep i recieved the 20 iron reelya, anyone in perticular i should give it to? or should i use it to help build the supermarket?

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2011, 09:51:14 am »

@Future: Rilder's in charge of ops, there's 5 people in Libya last time I looked so it's still pretty small. I guess ask around when you get there, or try finishing the building yourself, I'm still not sure how that all works, I don't know a whole lot except that they need that 20 iron to get food shopping up and running (I guess there will still be build jobs to complete the supermarket though).

Right now they're having to travel to other countries to get food.

@Saphho: the game is short on guides of any sort.

I'd suggest focus on gaining money and XP, don't worry so much about resources, this implies you should favour doing jobs for the "gameMaster". But sometimes there's a "work shortage" inthe newb area, so it pays to have more than 1 skill training so you can switch, and you might need to switch between e.g. the mining 'job' which gets $$$$+XP and the mining task which gets Stone+XP.

Also heed what I said about buying all 4 books for a skill you want to master in newb york before you start it (max 3 skills for newb area). That way you don't keep going back to newb york (i learnt this the hard way, hope it saves you guys some time).

Beware that lots of the listed jobs are in other countries, so you should avoid them. A few humans list jobs in the newb area too though. You need to be careful with tasks and jobs, if the building/tree/mine.farmplot etc is depleted you might get the task fail, or be worth very little in XP. Queuing up too many "clicks" on a job looks like it can cause it to drop out partway when the target building depletes it's resource. Also accept all jobs in a certain area before you travel. You can "accept" them all in one go, literally ALL the jobs for every skill. This might save time on travel - it's important to do this, because if you only take a single "farm" job you might find that particular farm is depleted and worth zero XP or money. Doing the jobs is the only way to get money for food in newb area. (That is, unless you can convince some humans to buy your resources at the marketplace)

Also, when you travel to Libya, make sure you've boosted your stats back up to near maximum, at this stage recharging might be difficult in Libya.

What's your skills/professions btw?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:14:29 am by Reelyanoob »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2011, 10:03:53 am »

I need 20 timber in Libya to get an ore mine up and running, if anyone could provide, much obliged. I'm ReuseableBox.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:24 am »

Alright, it sounds like we're close to being self-sustaining in Libya, so I think I'm going to head out there soon. I can buy a bunch of stuff to bring with, what should I prioritize? Also, how do we earn money to buy stuff at the supermarket when we have a closed economy? Does the money I use to buy magazines go to someone who I could then work for to earn the money back?

Edit: I have 99 wood I can turn into timber once I get out there.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:11:47 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2011, 10:12:10 am »

RF has set up an IRC for B12 simrep;
irc://irc.newnet.net/Bay12SimRepublic
Or join #bay12games on newnet.com and type /join Bay12SimRepublic

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2011, 10:32:44 am »

I will be heading out I think I will leave in about 6-8 hrs, I am Scientist 1/Farmer4 - the main thing I would need to get started on the farm is Compost - is there any in Libya?  If there isn't any there I will try to buy some before coming out, or at least some food that can rot.
Building a Small Shed on the Farm plot would let us store farmed goods overnight without having them decay.
Food distribution could be manual at first, or come get some from the shed, eventually building a Marketplace would ease distribution.
I have a couple of gold coins from suffering through their &^*%# "work for coins" torture, I will probably buy a couple of farming implements.
I'll also plan to bring a bit of food so you guys can get back to work while the farm stuff grows.
I'll be AFK for about 5 hrs now (bleh) so I'll check back later to see if there's anything else urgent you need me to bring at the time...

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:25 am »

You're gonna be wantin' to bring your compost with you, Thats kind of the problem we have right now. We've got the farmland, but we need compost to get the wheels turning.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2011, 10:40:00 am »

If someone in newb york goes to the marketplace there's compost on sale there, they can send it to "Future" who's in transit and it'll get there a lot quicker! . Unfortunately I'm maxxed out and trying to get some more money / mining skill right now.

I'm guessing compost is applied in lots of 20? or maybe only 10?

Well, looks like everything I can job at that needs training is depleted in Newbville (can't build anything, all the mines are almost depleted, about 1 hours worth of mining left) for the next 8 hours!, so I'm finishing up draining the mine, and queueing up the trek to Libya, be seeing you there in about 7 hours. Its IRL bedtime for me, 2am! Sorry, won't have enough money right now to get any compost but hopefully the iron I left in Future's care can get the supermarket built, then at least compost can derive from that food at least.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:08:24 am by Reelyanoob »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2011, 11:15:55 am »

We need to start building the job centre. Seriously.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

Ummm doesn't look like I can sleep. Are there any shortages of material other than compost?

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2011, 11:51:02 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:14:15 pm by Stany »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2011, 11:53:53 am »

You need to have been playing for 2 days and be rank to to join a foreign nation
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34