Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52717 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:47 am »

Mining is fun. I am levelling up pretty fast now :D

I am going to try levelling my scientist rank in the forest. If that fails, I will do some chopping, then go back to mine, then go to Libya to actually find things.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2011, 11:28:31 am »

Do you guys tend to make 50/50 charactes or put the slider more one sided? I made another character that's biased towards STR, at 10/90.

EDIT: Oh and I made a new guy cuz it seems like engineers are kind of useless at this point.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:00 am »

I made a character, 60IQ 40 strength.

I am an engineer, but I still have a free profession slot.

I wonder what should I take... builder, so I can build my own industries?
farmer, to get food? ( food is always good)
scientist, to take advantage of above average IQ?
lots of possibilities...

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:07 am »

I made a character, 60IQ 40 strength.

I am an engineer, but I still have a free profession slot.

I wonder what should I take... builder, so I can build my own industries?
farmer, to get food? ( food is always good)
scientist, to take advantage of above average IQ?
lots of possibilities...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2011, 11:41:41 am »

So I'm interested in playing this, it looks fun. Anything I should know before I start? I'm on the IRC channel too.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2011, 11:42:07 am »

Okay, I'm making some progress here in Newb York. I'm Hunter 3 / Miner 3 (75% STR), currently in the process of eating enough meat to regain my STR (which apparently takes many hours to do?). I feel like I'm spending an awful lot of money on food. If I forage as a hunter will I find meat that way? Will it be enough to make it worth not earning the money from my Jobs?

I really don't like that the only way to regain strength and IQ is to eat. You ought to get SOMETHING from sleeping, or even from just standing idle, even if it's not much.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2011, 11:56:37 am »

Okay, I'm making some progress here in Newb York. I'm Hunter 3 / Miner 3 (75% STR), currently in the process of eating enough meat to regain my STR (which apparently takes many hours to do?). I feel like I'm spending an awful lot of money on food. If I forage as a hunter will I find meat that way? Will it be enough to make it worth not earning the money from my Jobs?

I really don't like that the only way to regain strength and IQ is to eat. You ought to get SOMETHING from sleeping, or even from just standing idle, even if it's not much.
I know you can read magazines to regain IQ, and I'm pretty sure the whole point of a hunter is to get meat.
I think you should probably just mosey on down to libya with 2 rank 3's, also get on IRC.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2011, 03:31:10 pm »

From what I've heard, hunter kinda sucks.

Anyway, scientist is fun, but you have to (A) discover in the forest, not the mines (every chump who picked scientist is discovering in the mines because of the GameMaster job, and thus it is nigh-impossible to find anythnig there), (B) Get another job to go along with scientist because it practically useless in NY and (C) go to Libya to put it to use, where there is actually stuff to discover.

I think engineers and miners are both very useful and worthwhile; there are mines in NY that you might be lucky enough to reach before they are depleted at daybreak, and it makes a fair amount of money (+ there are lots of Libyan mines, an excess really). Meanwhile, engineers can find work without trying just about anywhere.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2011, 03:32:07 pm »

I am an engineer/scientist right now and discovering in our country.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »

I've been doing some farming in the game and trying to reverse-engineer the equations used for farming.

I'll update this single post if any new stuff comes up.

So far me & gimlet are running a farming area "Plump Helmet Farms". new farmers are welcome to grow crops there.

Just be aware farming is an arduous task. You need to have another couple of professions going, because most farming tasks take a single turn in the game, so they can't be queued up very much.

Below are some discoveries.

1. Farms have a "Growth" and a "Health" stat, they are shown as a %, but are definitely calculated to fractions of a %.

- Each type of crop has a set reduction per 'tick' of the 'health' stat. It is boost back to full (100%) by 1 watering task. Note that the reduction is done AFTER the boost from watering, so you will not actually see it at 100%.
Studied Crops:

Carrot - Health Reduces 10 per tick (60 per hour)
Wheat - Health Reduces 10/3 per tick (20 per hour)
Barley -  Health Reduces 10/6 per tick (10 per hour)
- Each type of crop has a set increase of "growth" per tick, which is a multiple of health.

The health value used in the growth calculation seems to be the value before the per-tick "reductions" above are applied:
Carrot - Growth increases by Health * 1/8th per tick
Wheat - Growth increases by Health * 4/100 per tick
Barley -  Growth increases by Health * 3/100 per tick
The above conversion rates were estimated from data I collected for plots gimlet and I were growing over a 2 hour period. No doubt other crops have their own rates for these things, but this give an insight into how the game works.

Also, gimlet pointed out that watering your crops right before you harvest appears to boost the harvest amount. (the entire farm area also has it's own fertility rate which affacts output, but not speed of harvest.)

Here is what I know so far about "order of calculations":

1. Apply increase in health from watering task (if any)
2. Do "growth" calculation, based on health.
3. Do "health reduction" calculation.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:00:04 pm by Reelyanoob »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »

That's nice to know.  I'm trying to level up mining and farming at the moment in newb york, farming is kind of hard to level up as I don't seem to get as much XP for the time I put in when compared to mining.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:34 pm »

^ Nice work, very interesting, put it in the OP so it doesn't get lost in the pages.

Also I found a new City Plot
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »

Dang I just saw a mulberry bush for 1.5K, then it was gone right away.  The next instance I saw it for like 10K+... Guess I shoulda bought it.  So are there certain commodities I should be on the lookout for so I can bring to libya?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »

Right then folks.
Shouldn't be too long before I finish this last task from Newbie Town. After an hours work it should process as my 5th day of working for the Gamemaster in a row. Helicoptor ticket to anyone that can guess the reward. I had a look around the web/wiki and it seems that it hasn't been documented yet, so hopefully no one can "Cheat" :P

EDIT:: I found a way people can cheat.......... Maybe I won't give away this Ticket as a comp prize...

Anyway,
I will be heading to Libya after that and will be bringing a good amount of things.
1: Alot of Food, Fresh/Rotting. Rotting food becomes Compost if people didn't know, but still. Should help the farms. IQ users, see me for Sloe, Mulberries and Mushrooms. They all are IQ foods, Sloe fresh refills IQ at 4 a tick. Mushrooms don't rot and go 1IQ and 1Mood a tick and Muls are the IQ+ Str- Foods... It ain't Meat Strength users, but the fruit is still useful.
2: 3 Professions at Rank 4. Farmer, Miner and Hunter. I like to "donate" to games that pique my interest, even if I don't hang around I feel that if it helps the devs make the game better, I might come back. :P
3: a) 1 Mushroom Colony Sprout, Its a Forest Plot item, A level one Farmer can happily harvest and care for them, Renamed them Plumphelmets.
b) 1 Blueberry Bush Sprout, I think this too is a Forest plot Item, it doesn't say but so I am guessing here. Not sure what blueberries do, haven't collected any wild. A level five Farmer will be needed to care for this item, I am almost there myself though :P.
4: 5 Helicoptor tickets, though 1 will be used for my arrival, and another may be gone if anyone guesses right. So at min 3 Tickets. These should decrease travel times to a smaller amount of time, best for those who REALLY need to get over seas in a hurry (Granted the whole world is apparently equal distance apart)
5: An EMPTY plot for my personal use............. Yeah no one will be touching MY Farm... :P
6: More Moneys!!! Seriously, I think Ridler has a "Loan" of like 10k from me so far... :P Damn mate, good thing I ain't charging interest on that huh... :P (Or expecting it back, unless you want to...)

EDIT:: HELICOPTOR TICKETS ARE AWESOME!!! TURNS A 5 HOUR TRIP TO A 10MIN TRIP!!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:22:35 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:23 am »

6: More Moneys!!! Seriously, I think Ridler has a "Loan" of like 10k from me so far... :P Damn mate, good thing I ain't charging intrest on that huh... :P (Or expecting it back, unless you want to...)

I thought it was closer to 6K, and yeah I have not much income right now, I'd have to take it out of the country treasury to pay you back. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34