Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52667 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2011, 11:58:59 am »

I have 117% experience in scientist, how do I level up?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »

Read another scientist book.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2011, 01:11:00 pm »

How exactly do you get meat with the Hunter job? I want to make sure I'm able to do it before I travel to the forest.
You don't. Meat's from farming apparently.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2011, 01:50:36 pm »

So hunting only gets IQ items? Crap. Should have stuck with farming, which was my first choice anyway...

Is there abundant meat in Libya yet? Should I invest in a third profession and level up farming before I come?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:52:22 pm by Sappho »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

We have plenty of farmers at the moment.
*Hugs*

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »

You get Fresh Fruit (+4 str food) from hunting too. So far I've seen Fresh Fruit, Sloe (IQ food), mushrooms (IQ/mood food, reeeeally not worth using) and Mulberries (+max IQ/-max str food).
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:44 pm »

I'm selling about 700 stone at 10 bucks a piece. Get it if you need it. I'm willing to lower the price if that's an issue, but I could easily sell it in another country for more.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Antagonist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

Just as a note, I'm stuck with RF's 30k worth in building tools, but which grants me 5x building speed and so 20% material usage.

If anyone needs anything built, lemme know.  Prices is $200 per tick donatable to RF for his crane rental and whatever a fair wage is for me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:45:06 pm by Antagonist »

ncbousfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2011, 12:14:07 am »

Trying it out, the name is BDARmech and just a humble farmer in newbyork at the moment.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2011, 12:45:31 am »

Guys, we are currently the 3rd biggest nation in the world.  But we are pretty pathetic in the money making department.  Gotta get our shit together, yo!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2011, 01:02:03 am »

We need to invade some small country with a big budget and steal all their monies.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:06 am »

We should gun for Romania.  Kalinin (their lead player) is accusing our players of cheating, which is pretty dickish behavior towards people just starting out.  And seeing as he is building up military plots, I think griefing is in his future plans.  We shouldn't draw attention to ourselves yet, but we should build our strength with an eye towards bringing Romania down.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2011, 01:36:56 am »

Yeah, everbody's acusing us of all being alts!
Where do they get off implying that we're all the same person!! Such behaviour would NEVER happen here on Bay12 Games!!!

:P
*Hugs*

Helios

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2011, 03:43:11 am »

Hi everyone!

(in case you don't recognize the name, I am one of the developers of SimRepublic)

I'm really amazed by the amount of new players from these forums, and I'd just like to say thanks for trying out the game! From what I can see in the topic you are actually playing and the feedback is really positive!

I've already gotten some great feedback personally from some of you, and gotten some suggestions that I am really considering. If there are things that you feel you want to discuss with the game owner/developer, you can email me at pete at simrepublic.com

I'm happy to answer any questions as well :)

Basically I want SimRepublic to be the best browser game out there, up there with Travian and eRepublik, so I'm trying to engage with my players as much as possible!

I assume most of you are pretty experienced players, so some experienced advice would be great. Right now the game has been running for 2 months, but expansion in player numbers has stopped around 2 weeks ago, so it looks like the game has reached some sort of temporary peak. This is something I really need to work on as obviously from my point of view the bigger the game the better.

It's good to meet you!
Pete
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:46:07 am by Helios »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2011, 04:08:52 am »

Hello, Helios, welcome to the forums, the game is indeed pretty fun, however there are some glaring issues here and there and I'm sure you've been apprised of them.  One of my main issues is the lack of clarity regarding certain stuff, for example money generation. How is money being added to the game? I know of the GM jobs in Newb York and the Global market thing but that doesn't seem to be a large amount of cash being generated while having numerous money sinks.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34