Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52642 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2011, 06:05:16 pm »

I seem to be in a bit of a jam. I have no strength left, no money to buy food, and for some reason no one is validating the jobs I take

Is your in game name Furtuka as well?

Yep
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »

Now then, I've been tracking the progress of Libya, and I know it's only been up and running a not long
I'm impressed by how you've got it so far, although you've had help by a lot of citizens
I think that we should start a African Alliance and in this we help each other out, i.e war, materials, food etc

Respond soon please

jacky
Leader of Morocco

Right as my first order of business as the new leader.
I am looking for two diplomats. Who has good enough language skills that they won't insight a War onto our heads by being female and playing a didgeridoo. (For those that don't get it, its Taboo for a Woman to play one. And yet a few Famous people have.)

Here is one of our first major International Problems, who to trust and believe in.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:16 pm »

Hi everyone!

(in case you don't recognize the name, I am one of the developers of SimRepublic)

I'm really amazed by the amount of new players from these forums, and I'd just like to say thanks for trying out the game! From what I can see in the topic you are actually playing and the feedback is really positive!

I've already gotten some great feedback personally from some of you, and gotten some suggestions that I am really considering. If there are things that you feel you want to discuss with the game owner/developer, you can email me at pete at simrepublic.com

I'm happy to answer any questions as well :)

Basically I want SimRepublic to be the best browser game out there, up there with Travian and eRepublik, so I'm trying to engage with my players as much as possible!

I assume most of you are pretty experienced players, so some experienced advice would be great. Right now the game has been running for 2 months, but expansion in player numbers has stopped around 2 weeks ago, so it looks like the game has reached some sort of temporary peak. This is something I really need to work on as obviously from my point of view the bigger the game the better.

It's good to meet you!
Pete
There isn't nearly enough facial hair in the game. There are two small mustaches, a goatee, and stubble. Needs beards.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »

Can we in addition to diplomats have some ministers of research and industry?  Their jobs would be to pay people to work at the lab and produce needed buildings/materials and they would get reimbursed by the government.  I think it would seriously jump start our economy if all the broke players had a consistent way to make money, letting them get enough startup capitol to start producing for themselves.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

Hey guys how come Beginner reward isn't activated even though I have two professions?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2011, 11:15:07 am »

Just started the other day - is it important that i come to libya with resources AND money? because i'll be in newb york for a while to make money..

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »

Just started the other day - is it important that i come to libya with resources AND money? because i'll be in newb york for a while to make money..
You don't really need resources or money. Maybe 1k I'd say.
What's important is a couple professions and at least one of them at rank 2.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2011, 12:25:01 pm »

Tellemurius here, scientist for one day, hunter the next.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2011, 12:57:05 pm »

Is it just me or is strength food a lot more expensive then magazines?  I think this is holding back our economy, as people would rather do intelligence work or farming then pay for the strength food to do mining or chopping.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2011, 12:59:11 pm »

I was selling grain at $31 1 dollar over the $30 I would get for selling it on the global exchange and actually making less money than if I'd done that.

I think nobody wants to spend their money.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2011, 02:13:42 pm »

More like most people don't have much money.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2011, 02:19:05 pm »

If people really need food they should ask, I'm willing to sell at a big discount, still profit for me.
*Hugs*

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »

Food sells for 30 on the global?  That explains a lot.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »

Grain does.
*Hugs*

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »

I just finished the tutorial, and the Game Master guy isn't giving me money for the jobs I've done for him. What the heck? I can't afford to get all the recommended materials to move to Libya without money!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34