Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exported wealth stuck at 20  (Read 2845 times)

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exported wealth stuck at 20
« on: September 05, 2011, 03:51:26 am »

Hi guys!

After re-taking my fort, pimping it out and surviving 3 sieges I though It was about time I got some recognition and attracted some of the bigger fish nobles to my operation (for the fun of it, obviously).

However after checking what I needed for the Baron (10K exported wealth) I noticed my exported wealth was 20...

Weird I though, I'm pretty sure all those silver valuables were way more expensive than that... but no matter.

The last elven caravan came out of my map with 600 of profits (fucking knife-ears... they deal a hard bargain, but I needed that leather) but my exported wealth still reads 20...

Soooooo... what am I doing wrong? is this a bug? and if so... how do I fix it?

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Exported wealth stuck at 20
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:53:20 am »

Exported wealth only counts your exports to fellow dwarves.

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:06:34 am »

Figures that only dorfs would consider selling to their own civilization "exports"...

So how do I ramp this up? Making offerings to the dwarf king?

Also, I hate the dwarf caravan cause it only arrives when I have a bloody siege going on :(

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:51:45 am »

or give them a profit worth of a whole kingdom.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:12 am »

Make/decorate a bunch of stuff and your wealth should soar, especially with siege droppings.

obsidian razor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:20:05 am »

My wealth is around 2 million already, it's the exported one that is just 20 :)

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:53 am »

Exported wealth refers to offerings to the leader of your civilization, so yes, you have to give up a lot of wealth for free.

Imported wealth however seems to refer to any wealth purchased by you from your civilization. I don't know why this seems to be...

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:38:20 am »

Exported wealth refers to offerings to the leader of your civilization, so yes, you have to give up a lot of wealth for free.

Imported wealth however seems to refer to any wealth purchased by you from your civilization. I don't know why this seems to be...
Giving your wealth to other races doesn't help your civilization. Taking their things does.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:50:32 am »

have your chef start cranking out lavish meals, after a year or so of doing do you should be able to trade a couple masterwork roasts for the entire inventory of the dwarven caravan and exceed your export limit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:04:40 pm by gtmattz »
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:58:14 am »

My last fort got a Baron without giving anything at all to the King; it's profit margin for the caravans that is important.

The easiest thing to do is to make some Trap Components out of a higher cost metal. If you have steel and they're of high enough quality, you can buy out the caravan with a couple of them. If you have adamantine, you can do it with one even at lower quality lowers.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:28:21 pm »

No, that's "offerings", tracked elsewhere per-civilization. Exported wealth refers to things produced on-site (i.e. not imported) and then traded to caravans.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:58:55 pm »

knife-ears... they deal a hard bargain

Not at all. You offer them your weapons, murdering end first, at high speeds, in exchange for everything they own and a stack of -elf bone bolts- and *elf roasts*.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

My last fort got a Baron without giving anything at all to the King; it's profit margin for the caravans that is important.

The easiest thing to do is to make some Trap Components out of a higher cost metal. If you have steel and they're of high enough quality, you can buy out the caravan with a couple of them. If you have adamantine, you can do it with one even at lower quality lowers.

Steel and adamantine are inferior to roasts as exports in the current version. The problem here is that the resources required to make steel or adamantine trap components are all in limited quantity, and they require a smith trained in metal, requiring the use of more non-renewable resources bar a mood. Depending on where one embarks, steel might not even be a possibility, and adamantine has...its own problems. Roasts on the other hand require only that a farm be set to be seeded and harvested with quarry bushes, and that the bushes be processed and cooked, to produce extremely high value meals forever. The food required to train up a legendary cook can still be eaten by your dwarves.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 03:26:23 pm »

Glass spiked balls, if you don't want to trade away your food. Dwarves like spikes and you can fit a lot of them on balls. And if you have magma and sand, they are basically free.