Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our future flag be named? Fifth time is... more than four?

Boat Murderers
- 24 (53.3%)
Kraken Up (Pun!)
- 1 (2.2%)
Wise Kraken (Pun x2!)
- 3 (6.7%)
Kraken Skulls (Pun x3!)
- 5 (11.1%)
The Twelfth Bay (Combo Breaker!)
- 12 (26.7%)
Something creative (Post)
- 0 (0%)
Mention that a name you like is missing from the poll (Post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Puzzle Pirates - Movin' on up! (into a deluxe Flag on the east side!)  (Read 33402 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We now have a crew! Please contact Denzi or another officer on IRC or in game for an invite!

Officers: Appels, Captainsonic, Cornerian

We also have a YPPedia entry at http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Children_of_Armok

As a preface, I went to go bump the old puzzle pirates topic but given how no one has spoken in there in a really long time I wagered any crew that was originally created had long dispersed. Also the forum yelled at me in a big red box when I went to bump it so I decided to make a new thread.

Puzzle Pirates is essentially a collection of mini-games in a pirate-scented MMO wrapper. There are upwards of twenty or so at the time I am writing this and the community from what I have seen is pretty good. The game offers two payment methods to play. You are either on the blue-named subscriber oceans (I think it is around 5-10 dollars a month) or on the green-named doubloon oceans (Which are free to play or where you can buy doubloons to do most of what you would do on the subscriber ocean, There is actually a working exchange market for buying and selling doubloons automatically with other players so everything can be achieved though gameplay) I am not so good at explanations so you can check out the website for it below.

Link: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

Puzzle Pirates was recently launched on steam and there is a short-term promotion going on where if you sign up for the game you will get a 5-day pirate/parlor badge and some skeleton amulet thing that apparently turns you into a skeleton. I recently picked this up because the steam integration (basically you never have to remember login information because the steam version of puzzle pirates uses the steam API to get your username whenever you go to log in) makes it really convenient. I just realized though I've never stuck to playing YPP because I have never had a decent crew. Been playing it a little with another Bay12er and started wondering how nice it'd be to get a Bay12 crew going, or at the very least get a bunch of people on the same server so we have a list of Hearties.

Currently me and the other Bay12er are playing in the Sage ocean, but since neither of us have bough doubloons 'yet' I think we would be more than willing to swap servers. Probably have a good ten doubloons between us in the last two days of play so with more people it would not be that hard for us to get the money gathered up just from some casual play to get a crew, officers, and a sloop.

If you are interested in seeing what the populations look like, check out the link below. It shows current pirates online for every server. Just remember that servers who are named after a shade of blue are pay servers and shades of green are doubloon servers.
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/status.xhtml

I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks. Who would be up for attempting a Bay12 crew on Sage and who thinks we should move to another server? Obviously tell us what server if you think we should focus on a bigger or smaller server, Sage seems to be a bit in the upper middle as far as population goes. (Viridian is the largest, Malachite is the smallest) Apologies for the poor initial post but I'm rather pants about these, if you think anything should be added please tell me.

Forum Name: Pirate Name (Ocean)
---
Denzi: Denzi (Sage/Captain)
Tyler6498: Buildmoarbed (Sage)
Jack A T: Rodlen (Sage)
quinnr: ?? (Sage)
Apple Master: Appels (Sage/Officer)
Roboboy33: Roboboy (Sage) -- Donated: 3 Doubloons
adwarf: Adwarf (Sage)
Bluerobin: Malthyr (Sage)
Seriyu: Seriyu (Sage) -- Donated: 4,440 PoE
hitty40: Captainsonic (Sage/ Officer) / Captainsonic/Santa (Viridian) -- Donated: 336 PoE
Riccto: Riccto (Sage)
ein: Jennings (Sage)
Bitoru: Bavarianno (Sage)
Detonate: Wydra (Sage) -- Donated: 10,000 PoE
Dakorma: Reginaghekon (Sage)
Jerimy: Jerimy (Sage)
drkPaladin: DrkPaladin (Sage) -- Donated: 65,000 PoE
PsyberianHusky: Psyberian (Sage) -- Donated 6,000 PoE
Sergius: Rottenbeard (Sage)
Gabeux: Gabeux (Sage)
ductape: Ductape (Sage) -- Donated 30 doubloons
Bordellimies: Bordellimies (Sage)
Ringmaster: Ringleader (Sage)
Tilla: Tillaya (Sage) -- Donated 3 doubloons
stoney834: Kirubo (Sage)
Man of Paper: Schmeep (Sage)
XxoriginxX: XxoriginxX (Sage)
Scaraban: Scaraban (Sage)
Hemmingjay: Hemmingjay (Sage) -- Donated 40 Doubloons
Alstar: Freefall (Sage)
Corneria: Cornerian (Sage/Officer)
sokmund: sokmund (Sage)
Axil: Lumonen (Sage)
Nuisance: Mcdorf (Sage)
Ultimah: Ultimah (Sage)
justinlee999: Chikcne (Sage)
MaximumZero: Maximumzero (Sage)
HideousBeing: HBeing (Sage)
raalph: Ralphy (Sage)
bowlsoldier: Bowlsoldier (Sage)
klingon13524: Yecha (Sage)
rawr359: Ddaanniieell (Sage)

Disclaimer: I'll update this list whenever I can, if you see your name on the list and it is wrong or you do not want to be on the list mention something in the thread (I'd say PM me, but I'll only actually be logged in if I want to change something or post)

Need Help? Ask! If you would perfer though, Dachimpy has a pretty decent set of videos for basically every minigame in puzzle pirates, He explains it well enough that you will get a general idea on how scoring works and the objective of each minigame. Link: http://www.dachimpy.com/index.php

Talk with your fellow Piratedwarves!

Raidcall!

hitty40's made his Raidcall server available for us to use. Raidcall is a sort of mix between Skype and Teamspeak/Ventrilo in so far as it's a voice chat software with a dedicated chat interface that isn't hidden behind a button. You can download raidcall at a link below and the infomation to the server are also below, please be sure to respect Hitty40 and his server!

Raidcall: http://www.raidcall.com/

hitty40's server is accessible though searching either for 'Hitty40' or the group ID 1006112

IRC!

Mibbit Link (May or may not work): http://02.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23B12PP&server=%20irc.ircsoulz.org

I have taken the liberty of setting up an IRC channel for us, since it'll make it way easier to co-ordinate things.

It's on newnet, like #bay12games is.

To get there, use these details:

Server: irc.ircsoulz.org
Channel: #B12PP

If you don't already have an irc client, you can either follow this guide (Which i'm stealing from my own post elsewhere)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you don't want to do that, use mibbit, which can be found via google I think.

Also I have +m set so you'll have to be voiced to talk, but I'm gonna be there as an OP at least until Darvi or whoever is "in charge" can be made an operator.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:24:15 am by Denzi »

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle Pirates - Free to play plus steam integration
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:33:58 am »

I'm a recently joined Bay12er on the sage ocean, I'm Buildmoarbed!
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »

I'll be on Sage too, then.  I'm Rodlen.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 02:42:01 pm »

I've played Y!PP for a while, I'll have to check my username (not sure which variant of my typical one I used on it, been a week or two since I played last), but I know I'm on Sage.

I have a Fanchaun, it's fun to sail around, although it's a pain to restock (especially when some abusive SA stole all my stuff :( ).

Rankings fall way too quickly though, if you don't play or get a bit rusty it's impossible to keep Master for too long.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »

I played for a bit, but got banned for no reason. I didnt even get an email or notification.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »

I played for a bit, but got banned for no reason. I didnt even get an email or notification.
??? I haven't even seen people breaking the rules get banned. Were you on a subscription server under the trial, perhaps?

Also, can you log in with a Facebook account on Steam's Puzzle Pirates?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »

I used to play with some guys from SA, and then I got banned for using a bot (when I was, in fact, not). My appeals were ignored, so I kinda went off it.

However, the ban is obviously done by user only since I can log on using Steam.
In short I'd probably be up for it, it's more fun with people you "know" via internet, so I'll keep an eye here to see where you settle etc.

edit: Name: Appels
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:36:14 pm by Apple Master »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »

I haven't played in a while but I might get into it again. I'll sign up on sage.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

I used to play this, but I got banned for using a bot.  Never had much tolerance for duty puzzles. I'll join up again if there's a bay12 crew going, put my swordfighting skills to good use.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »

I am in, but I must warn you I may/may not suck/rule at this game.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 03:36:14 pm »

i'm on sage. gmae name is Roboboy

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »

I used to play this, but I got banned for using a bot.  Never had much tolerance for duty puzzles. I'll join up again if there's a bay12 crew going, put my swordfighting skills to good use.
Why would you even play those puzzles then ??? ? You could just do some of the many other puzzles in the game. I suppose you'd have to get the badges if you didn't want to pay for them, but it's still only ~45 minutes of puzzling to get enough to convert to Dubs to buy a Labor/Parlour Badge.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

Captainsonic/Santa, Viridian Ocean.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

Adwarf, Sage

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »