Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our future flag be named? Fifth time is... more than four?

Boat Murderers
- 24 (53.3%)
Kraken Up (Pun!)
- 1 (2.2%)
Wise Kraken (Pun x2!)
- 3 (6.7%)
Kraken Skulls (Pun x3!)
- 5 (11.1%)
The Twelfth Bay (Combo Breaker!)
- 12 (26.7%)
Something creative (Post)
- 0 (0%)
Mention that a name you like is missing from the poll (Post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Puzzle Pirates - Movin' on up! (into a deluxe Flag on the east side!)  (Read 33399 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle Pirates - Movin' on up! (into a deluxe Flag on the east side!)
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »

I see you've abadoned ship - where'd you head to, and are they still recruiting? I, too, have been depressed that the best I can expect is, at most, one or two other people online.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2012, 12:00:59 am »

Hideous, unpleasant necro!

I started playing (username: Underpants), because it's one of the few games my girlfriend can run/will play. We both joined, but we can't seem to send tells to eachother or contact eachother in game at all.

So, I'd certainly like to know how to do that... and for that matter, contact anyone who happens to still be playing.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2012, 12:05:14 am »

Oh man. This game neh? I used to play. Captain of my own crew and everything. But that was so long ago...

Is there still a bay 12 community? If so I might want to get in contact with you guys.

Edit: For the love of god. I deleted my old guy but it says the name is still taken. I hope that clears up. I would really dislike not being able to use my name.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:26:18 am by Criptfeind »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:04 am »

Hm, looks like we actually started on different servers- neither of which were sage. We're now both moving to Viridian.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:56 am »

I'd start playing again if there was a Bay 12 crew.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2012, 01:09:05 am »

I'd be open to the idea of guilding up, or finding an existing guild, if peeps show up on Viridian.

Urist McPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2012, 05:09:54 am »

Mind the bump.

The six main oceans of Puzzle Pirates (Midnight, Cobalt, Viridian, Sage, Hunter and Malachite) have been merged into three (Cerulean, Meridian and Emerald). For details see http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ocean_merge.

For anyone unfamiliar with the subscription/doubloon method, subscriptions are a "one fee unlocks all" system, whereas doubloons are micropayments, allowing you to pay for only what you use. When making your choice, consider that a months subscription is valued at 42 doubloons, and simply delivering a War Brig is 50...

If you haven't already, now is a great time to check it out!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

Well, I'm on Emerald if anyone still plays.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:43 am »

The girlfriend and I are on Meridian now, running the crew "The Super Shrubs", if anybody here plays. I'm Barley.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Urist McPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 04, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »

MASSIVE bump, sorry.

Puzzle Pirates has been through a lot, and it's rebranding as Dark Seas is about to have it's full release on Steam. There is an announcement from their main forums, and it's available on Steam. The Obsidian ocean turned 1 year old on the 30th of June, however until now only two medium islands were available for players to contest. The 14th of July is bringing us the first large, and additional islands will be released based on activity.

For anyone that is interested, there have been some good changes to the base game for this new ocean. Everything is sinking outside of the starter area, blockades are always sinking, and perpetual war rages between the "Dark" and "Light" factions. The newest release also gave us enough swabbies (NPCs) to fill every station on a ship, so taking out larger ships now requires a much smaller "real" crew and has made many areas more accessible to everyone. Check it out, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2018, 05:46:40 pm »

Any Bay12 crews?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »

Wh-what have they done to my poor Puzzle Pirates?!
...I guess I don't really have grounds to complain, considering it barely runs on my computer and I only play it very occasionally, but still. It's been fifteen years since they started pumping out Pirates of the Caribbean films, isn't a bit late to be cashing in? :P
I suppose it's never too late.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 07, 2018, 03:58:55 pm »

I've been keeping up on the changes but haven't yet moved to the new ocean. Excited to see how this pans out! They are also doing a big marketing push, I've gotten a few sponsored ads on Facebook for this.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2018, 01:40:10 am »

Im surprised they're even trying to do this.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2018, 04:12:48 am »

Im surprised they're even trying to do this.

From what I understand all of the games have been owned for the past year or two by a separate entity after OOO was obtained by SEGA. I imagine they have been working to come up with a plan to pay the bills, because I can't imagine their current situation is sustainable even for the server load that they have.

On the topic of that separate entity, though, does anyone have any information about them at all? I was doing some research because I was curious more about the break but all I can find is a Facebook and LinkedIn page (the later of which gives a couple interesting details, they claim to have 11-50 employees). It's weird, even their website is defunct.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]