Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to dodge into Arrowspike  (Read 2605 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to dodge into Arrowspike
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 11:48:39 pm »

Wolfchild - WolfMoonsong

I can understand why though
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 12:01:29 am »

Oh, sorry i'll fix that. Im a bit tired.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 06:33:10 am »

After gathering and meeting up in a small camp, you set off for the legendary Arrowspike. You have enough supplies to last you quite a bit. A few days pass and you begin to enter the Ashen hills. The land is barren and charred. The wind does not even blow, the entire area feels like it has been dead for a long long time. You stumble across a few goblin skeletons but otherwise ignore them. You set up a camp on a cliff, out in the distance you can see the small fortress entrance that leads to the massive fort underground.

When dawn comes, you awaken and move towards the fortress. There, your group stands outside the Fort's walls, a small descent in the distance to the underground area. Blood is splattered on the wall, and even more skeletons are found. You have an eerie feeling. In front of you is a Jet bridge you must cross to the descent area. To your east is a river with a waterfall. WHAT WILL YOU DO!?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:18 am »

Is the land totally barren (i.e. are there any trees) and do we have any wood even though I failed to put that on my list of equipment?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 06:48:22 am »

You have no wooden items and theres like 3 trees around you that are charred up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:33 am »

Dammit, I'm a carpenter, not a charcoalpenter.

Urygur Stonehaft turns to his fellow adventurers: "I suppose we should probably cross this bridge, yet I have an eerie feeling. I will inspect the bridge for any mechanisms or traplike devices before we cross! It is made of jet, but it is also a bridge, and some bridges are made of wood, and I am a carpenter, so I believe I know my stuff. Unless there is a more knowledgeable bridge expert among us?"

He looks enquiringly at the other six, trying not to to be distracted by Urist's magnificent shoes.

If only we had wood, he thought to himself, I could have built a raft to cross yon fiendish looking river rather than brave this fell bridge. I am a carpenter with no wood. What a fool you are, Stonehaft.

I say, what delightful shoes my fellow dwarf has!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 07:11:17 am »

Allan just plays his fiddle secretly hoping to attract some life in this barren wasteland.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 07:14:04 am »

"Why do you dwarves never learn to swim, with the way you build you're places you are at more risk of drowning than anyone, yet none of you can swim!, on the other hand, most charred wood is only charred on the ouside if the tree itself is still standing, i am going to check" Moonsong scrapes a claw against one of the trees to see how far the charring goes
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 01:55:05 pm »

Adil throws something heavy onto the bridge, runs away and (if nothing happens) then lightly places his right foot on it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 03:54:22 pm »

Intil knocks the charred tree down and throws the tree onto the bridge.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:25:18 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 06:10:45 pm »

"Hah! I being a mighty Dwarf shall dig a tunnel under the river!" Urists says before humming a few bars of his theme song and displaying his positively Fa-boo new shoes as inconspicuously as he can.

Dig under river to the other side, attempt not to drown self in process.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »

"I shall aid the dwarf in bridge inspection"
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »

Urygur walks forward, looking at the jet walls and the jet bridge. At the small opening he checks for a trap(6) he discovers a cage trap which he swiftly disarms because of the fact it is made of Ironwood. The cage is also deconstructed. Urygur truely is a master at such things.

Allan moves away quietly from the group and begins to play his fiddle in order to attract some wildlife to the barren wasteland.(3) A dead wind blows after hes done playing his song. Nothing happens. Allan is sadder today after such an event.

Moonsong thinking to herself that dwarves are idiots, moves towards a nearby charred up tree and checks how far the charring goes.(6) It does not go too deep, infact you're hardly able to piece such a tree. It is made of Ironwood, just like the cage.

Adil picks up a nearby rock and hurls it at the bridge to see if anything happens.(2) Unfortunatly he trips before he can throw the rock and smacks his face into the jet floor. Luckily, the cage trap has been disarmed already by Urygur.

Intil goes towards a charred tree, attempting to knock it over so he can throw it on the bridge.(2) however, he isen't as strong as he thinks and is unable to do anything to the tree.

Xuru goes to aid the dwarf Urygur in inspecting the bridge for any traps and such. walking over to him..(3+1 from int) he spots a weapon trap and disarms it, however the fine weapon that the trap held is unable to be removed.

Meanwhile, Urist and his wonderful shoes move to the river.He tries to dig underneath it.(1)He failed to know the depth of the river and gets sweeped in, getting dragged off down a waterfall where he falls and smacks into a bridge which(1) breaks causing him to fall to the very bottom of the waterfall. However, the river continues to drag him and (4) he is drawn into an old channel. Above him is a well. Urist is in alot of pain. His shoes are still fine however.

Urist found an entrance into the Fortress.
Urygur has several ironwood pieces from the cage.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:36 pm »

Adil swan dives into the river to save Urist's shoes, Urist, and to get past what is more than likely a mile long hallway of traps.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:22 am »

After Moonsong informs Urygur of the fact that the trees are usable, she dives into the water to rescue the silly dwarves that really should learn how to swim
Pages: 1 [2] 3