Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Save the Virtual Polar Bears  (Read 6586 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Save the Virtual Polar Bears
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:13:58 am »

Fox reports on SimCity Societies.  Now, I have to warn you... this is fox.  Please bring brain bleach.

Now, war games are terrible if they show Americans losing.  Recent events are also evil and most be banned, such as Eight Days in Fallujah.  But when we don't go the violent route?  Well, it's liberal propaganda for children.  Let's ignore the fact they say Fate of the World is for five year olds, let's ignore the fact they say nuclear energy is one of the safest sources of energy, let's ignore the fact that they say games are only for children...  And let's focus on these things.

This is Beartic, or more recognizably, a Virtual Polar Bear.  You see, Virtual Polar Bears need to be saved.  Just listen to the guest, McCormack, about how our children are ignoring these creatures in favor of other, more fun games.  I say these creatures need to be saved.  A good view on to the dilemma can be seen in this youtube video.

Won't you save the Virtual Polar Bears?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Virtual Polar Bears
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:43 am »

Just because of this, I will create a smog-filled dystopian metropolis with every green spot of land replaced by asphalt and factories in Simcity Societies.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:17 am »

Just because of this, I will create a smog-filled dystopian metropolis with every green spot of land replaced by asphalt and factories in Simcity Societies.
Then you're letting Fox News win.  Let that sink in.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:53 am »

Fox News is supposed to be a bad joke, right?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:08 am »

Hell, I did that in SimCity.

Actually, in SimCity 4, I took advantage of the whole being able to connect your cities thing by picking one small plot in between a handful of large and medium plots, naming it "Hellville" and putting nothing but a giant coal-based power plant complex and a huge city dump there. Oh, and a handful of low-value, high-density plots for the power plant and dump workers who are too poor lazy to ride the bus or own a car. Then all the neighboring cities could link up their power supplies and trash contracts and not have to deal with any of the headaches.

So there, Fox News...SimCity 4 taught me the best lesson capitalism has to offer: pay somebody else to deal with your troubles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:37 am »

Then you're letting Fox News win.  Let that sink in.

I care little about any of that.
I was merely inspired after hours of boredom.

Besides, I have already covered the city with asphalt, so it's a bit late to turn back now.  :P

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:20:04 pm »

I was just about to post a rant about Fox News, when I saw this was about Virtual Polar Bears and not Fox's Report.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »

Feel free to rant, man.  They're the ones holding these creatures down.  The polar bear thing is more or less a front.  xD

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:03:14 pm »

let's ignore the fact they say nuclear energy is one of the safest sources of energy,

Since when isn't it???
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »

I swear to god, Fox News can't be this stupid. The only logical way they are this stupid is that they are actually a large group of clever trolls.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »

Sim City Societies does sound like a game Fox News researchers would play. Namely, it's TERRIBLE. It's so bad most fans of city building games have a blank spot in their heads from where they blocked out the memories. I can easily say it was the worst game purchase I've ever made and was what convinced me to avoid pre-orders like the plague they often turn out to be.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:21:58 pm »

I've heard (via TVtropes) that a common insult on simcity fansites is "add simsociety to your christmas list", heh.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 04:50:52 am »

In my opinion, Simcity Societies isn't as bad as they all say it is, it is different from the other Simcity games, yes that's true, but outright stating it's a bad game is a bit over the top.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:52:23 am by Ultimuh »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:00 am »

In my opinion, SimCity 2000 with the expansion pack is the best SimCity.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 09:29:24 am »

In my opinion, SimCity 2000 with the expansion pack is the best SimCity.

Click on the helicopter
Read the Paper
Feel like the worst jerk ever
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: [1] 2