Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Save the Virtual Polar Bears  (Read 6584 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Virtual Polar Bears
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:12 am »

Sim City Societies does sound like a game Fox News researchers would play. Namely, it's TERRIBLE. It's so bad most fans of city building games have a blank spot in their heads from where they blocked out the memories. I can easily say it was the worst game purchase I've ever made and was what convinced me to avoid pre-orders like the plague they often turn out to be.

I like it. But you need to have the expansion pack (which I do) for there to be any challenge to it.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

In my opinion, SimCity 2000 with the expansion pack is the best SimCity.

Yeah, SimCity 2000 was the best one of the series. I wish I hadn't lost my copy.

EDIT: On a related note does anybody remember the descriptive text for the Darco arcology?

EDIT: ALSO, does anybody know whether SimCity 2000 will run on Windows XP and/or on Windows 7? Now that I'm thinking about it, I might order a used copy on Amazon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:22:07 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 12:55:29 am »

My vote goes to paving the entire city with virtual polar bear skins.

And using baby seals as street lights. Just run a cable straight along the spinal column, have the socket in the mouth and... okay yeah that was getting out of hand.

Alternate: Pave the city with the grey matter of a Rupert Murdoch Propaganda Channel information relayer. Then bioengineer virtual sims small enough to live in it. And then trap them in their microscopic pools.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:25 am »

In my opinion, SimCity 2000 with the expansion pack is the best SimCity.

Yeah, SimCity 2000 was the best one of the series. I wish I hadn't lost my copy.

EDIT: On a related note does anybody remember the descriptive text for the Darco arcology?

EDIT: ALSO, does anybody know whether SimCity 2000 will run on Windows XP and/or on Windows 7? Now that I'm thinking about it, I might order a used copy on Amazon.
Simcity 2000 will NOT run on XP from what I've heard. Simcity 2000 Gold (aka, network edition) apparantly runs on XP. Simcity 2000 Special Edition runs on XP and apparantly WILL run on windows 7, but you need to have a modern installer type instead of the old one as it will not be read properly. I run my SimCity with virtualbox.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 07:15:04 am »

... What's Fox News?  ???

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 07:20:30 am »

A fruity rumpus asshole factory.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 07:29:25 am »

... What's Fox News?  ???

It's better you NEVER FIND OUT, AND DON'T HAVE PARENTS WHO BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY IN THE STUFF. *Glares at mom*
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 [2]