Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: All I Want For Christmas Is a Specific Bug Fix  (Read 2508 times)

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: All I Want For Christmas Is a Specific Bug Fix
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Helo:
<STRONG>Ah that tile is actually sand right there. Sorry you can't see it because of the X and it was the first sand tile that appeared so I didn't wait for any others. So unless there is somehow sand on top of the limestone floor, it turned into sand after a plant grew on it.</STRONG>

Are you playing on a map that has an underground river or other subterranean water feature in it? This might cause the problem, as only mud tiles in maps with those features should grow plants.

If that's the case, then this is a pretty nasty bug seeing as it can potentially wipe out numerous engraved tiles.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
Re: All I Want For Christmas Is a Specific Bug Fix
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2007, 04:07:00 pm »

quote:
If that's the case, then this is a pretty nasty bug seeing as it can potentially wipe out numerous engraved tiles.

Smoothed or engraved floors were never historically allowed to grow shrubs or towercaps.

The mud thing is a problem.  I was on an aquifer map and channeled out a nice pit.  When winter came, I used the frozen aquifer trick to dig down through it.  When I mined the ice walls, chunks of ice were left behind which eventually melted, made a couple of muddy stairways and my entire complex down below became coated in mud.  I tried rebuilding rock stairways, reflooring the floor, smoothing the floor, I was scrambling to stop the mud but nothing helped.

I don't see any gameplay reason that it should be so vigorously tracked around, and since we have no means of effectively halting it, I agree this is a problem that does need addressing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]