Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Conquest of Elysium 3 - a new game by the developer of dominions 3  (Read 17057 times)

gp1628

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 - a new game by the developer of dominions 3
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 10:51:00 am »

Same Illwinter fun as Dom3. But much less micro-management. Better AIs.
Much faster play.

Im loving solo play. Or playing with an AI team member.

There is MP but No PbEM, its more of a chat room or IRC channel game IMHO

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 11:27:05 am »

This game is really awesome. It's like Dominions 3 minus everything that was boring about Dominions 3. Instead of turns taking 10 minutes they take 20 seconds.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:47 am »

This game is really awesome. It's like Dominions 3 minus everything that was boring about Dominions 3. Instead of turns taking 10 minutes they take 20 seconds.

However lets talk price

Dominions 3 is about $54 and will likely keep that price until Dominions 4. (I'll keep my oppinions on the price to myself)

How much is this game?

gp1628

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:19 am »

You missed the pre-order sale.

For now its at Desura for $29.99
http://www.desura.com/games/conquest-of-elysium-3

But apparently Desura does something stupid with currency so if you are not in the US it can be a lot more

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

Its a decent game for whats its worth, should be specialy fun if you play it with some friends on a chatroom. Just don't expect it to have even 1/10 of dominions 3 depth.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

gp1628

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:50 am »

A DEMO version of Illwinters new game, Conquest of Elysium 3, is now available at Desura.com

http://www.desura.com/games/conquest-of-elysium-3

Purchase price for the full game is $30

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:50 am »

It seems good, certainly, but I so much preferred the dom3 design...

Fighting undead as troll kink is strange, with decay/poison/wraiths hitting me while i regenerate rapidly.

Anyway, this just begs for a certain Warcraft III map I edited around with years ago;

There are kingdoms and some players are there rulers. Plenty of races there, they build armys, have big nasty wars and hire men of might & magic to help them in those things.
There are players that play a champion/hero of there own making. Some are gigantic troll warriors that smack dem hummys if the other hummys feed you (or however you want to play him), others are mages that lay networks of all seeing eyes around the map, others just seek treasure & gold, some are assasins, others are grand leaders with there own band of hired blades - they do there own thing or respond to the requests of the kingdom players.

I always found playing those maps highly amusing, with the diplomacy and very epic moments (battle seems to be lost, wizard hero show up and turns things around for you - or a empire has been using a lot of people without actually paying them and then gets brought down to size by a band of heros united by a common cause... And it unites the rts and  rpg players.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:23:50 am by ThtblovesDF »

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 09:09:59 am »

link to the warcraft 3 map plz
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

gp1628

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 06:27:19 pm »

On sale for the next week 35% off at Desura.com

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:26 pm »

Still a little expensive even with the discount.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 11:59:12 am »

Ok, so I caved and bought the game.  I'll admit, if you can tolerate the graphic, you're probably better off playing CoE2, because it is free.  However, many years of graduate schooling have totally killed my eyesight, so I was unable to handle the small pixels.

Some things I learned about "successfully" playing CoE3 (granted, I still haven't won):
1) The same advice I always give for LCS applies here: Don't lose all your leaders.  Have some mook on standby, somewhere.  This is especially true for the summoning characters, as they are likely to be killed by what they summon.
2) Don't summon a horror next to your only citadel.  I learned that the hard way.  :P

One reoccuring theme: Summoners dying by the stuff they summon.  Cultists dying from runaway horrors, Demonologists dying from their rampaging uncontrolled great demon, etc.  Life is tough for a summoner.   ;D

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

Dom 3 battles just feel about 7x better :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »

I liked it a lot but some of the random events are complete bullshit.  Death Plane conjunctions will completely fuck up your gold income when all those towns you've been continually clearing wild animals out of will suddenly be attacked by fifty ghosts.  I lost two games to conjunctions when ghosts attacked all my citadels in huge numbers.
Shoes...

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »

Been playing around with it a bit now. It's nice in the way that some of the problems with dominions (micromanagement) is gone. But it also feels like a lot the things I liked about dominions is not here (that nice combat system, huge variation of units and spells, so many players at once etc.).
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »

So far, the biggest lacking component I can see is item crafting.  I hope somebody mods in an item-crafting class.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6