Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10277 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Signups
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

BEHOLD! my attempt to make a reasonable homeland for the Draen:

Since time immemorial, the Draen have lived in the Draenian mountains. They are considered a wonder of the world by many, as the mountains are actually in a loose bowl shape, with many very active springs in the valleys. This has let to most of the valleys actually turning into large lakes, with islands scattered through them.The Draen lived l rather simple and happy lives cut off from the rest of the world by the mountains, with magitech being reclaimed and created for curiosity's sake at most. That was how it went until the blight hit.

The largest Archaeological undertaking that the Draen had ever gone through with was to open the nigh indestructible slab of metal embedded into one of the smaller mountains, that was adorned with only the roman numerals "VII". After many centuries, the Draen had finally cracked the vault's secrets, and what terrible secrets they were... Immediately, a huge explosion of shadow magic burst from the dwarf sized crack in the metal, launching it off its hinges and killing everyone in a one mile radius. Thousands of carrion bugs then swarmed through the breach, rotting whatever vegetation was in their path. After two hours, legions of armored zombies and liches stormed forth from the same area, which would later be known only as "Fool's Foley".

With their land dying around them and their people dying in droves, the Draen were forced to flee into the central mountains. Using all of the technology and magic at their disposal, they survived and over hundreds of years, built magnificent and magical cities into and around the spires, with great bridges connecting them.

That was hundreds of years ago, the Draen have completely given up on reclaiming their former home "Now known as the Blightlands". They toil in their cities to make new fantastical creations of magic and clockwork, sending out thousands of people each day to find, purge and loot the resting places of civilization, somewhat for gain, and somewhat from guilt.

Well hopefully that's good, I also replaced the Twisted Abomination.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 12:37:08 pm »

Hint: One of the spots is reserved for the local lore I like best.
[EXPLETIVE REDACTED]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 03:34:50 pm »

Name: Toaster, Knight of Titania
Race:  Elven
Favored Cards:
Cylian Elf
Elvish Warrior
Llanowar Elves
Land:  Forest
Skill:  Leadership
Profession: Knight in service of the elven druids
Flaw:  Xenophobia
Backstory:

Toaster, as he was known, is a knight in the service of the druids in his homeland, sworn to the service of the elven high priestess Titania.  He has served as a leader of other knights for many years.  Known for his faithful service, he has always lead his company of elves in an exemplary manner.  He was especially known for the scorn with which he treated any outsider- a good quality in the eyes of the elves.

After an especially long campaign, he was called into the chambers of the Elven Council.  There, Titania addressed him.

"You have served us well, knight.  But now, we must send you on a mission for the good of all elvenkind."

He replied, "Anything, my liege.  Let me know what is required of me."

She smiled.  "Good.  There is an unknown threat brooding in the lands to the east.  You must go out and ensure that no destruction comes to our forest.  There is little detail on the nature of the threat, but we trust that you will be able to handle any dangers.  Especially since we will be granting you a great treasure."

She beckoned to an attendant, who brought forth a chest.  Toaster approached and opened the chest... and gasped.  A card!  It was known that he had the power to handle these, but he did not have any of his own.  If it had come to this, the situation must be dire indeed.

Toaster bowed and took the card.  "Yes, my liege.  I will go forth and ensure the sanctity of our forest.  Nothing shall endanger it while I still draw breath."

She nodded. "So be it.  Go forth and seek your destiny."

Toaster bowed again and departed from the chamber.  Gathering what he needed, he set forth into the world beyond the safety of the forest.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 07:20:45 pm »

Skywolf's tribe of Avens Live on the coast, where on the coast? They are always moving in response to danger they have observed the war between the Cabal and the Order, they have seen Ixedor attack the Mepheto swamps. But they mostly keep to themselves, avoiding trouble rather that hitting it head on.

As a result they are more interested in community rather than the buildings that house them, using only the most basic shelter and only taking the true necessities with them, there were of course exceptions to this rule, and these avens typically either went inland to the plains or out to sea, depending on why they could not stay with the tribe
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 06:55:20 am »

So we still can sign up, eh? Since i love magic i will give it a try- A hard choice who to be..
Can`t use the f*cking gatherer, i hope you don`t mind if i use a different site.

Name: Varrek Dashen
Race: Human
Favored Cards:

Beckon Apparition (Summoning spirits from corpses)
http://magiccards.info/eve/en/82.html

Castigate (Removing a thought/memory from the Mind of the Target)
http://magiccards.info/gp/en/106.html

Dawn Charm (Well, self explanatory)
http://magiccards.info/pc/en/4.html

Starting Land: Black/White
Useful skill/hobby: Interested in Old Legends
Profession: A Priest of a Nomad Tribe
Disadvantage: Disdain for cultures that are fundamentally different than his own
Backstory:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:14:24 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 03:42:16 pm »

I'm glad to see that signups are still on.  I'd really like to get in, or on the waiting list at least.

Name: Frelock (Meaning "other" in a local tongue)
Race: Sliver
Favored Cards: Gemhide Sliver, Winged Sliver, Crypt Sliver
Starting Land: If Gemhide, then green, if the others, then Blue/Black
Useful Skill/hobby: Diplomacy
Profession: Scout/Diplomat
Disadvantage: Is psychologically traumatized when alone

Backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 11:19:13 pm »

:o This... Is incredibly pleasing. And I want in.
Name:"Dreamer" (A nickname picked up for his more thoughtful attitude)
Race: Spiritualist human
Favored Cards: Thief of Hope (channel life force of nearby enemies to heal wounds when summoned), Demon's Horn (Heal me of 1 point of damage whenever black mana is used in my presence), and Swallowing Plague (Which does exactly what you think it does)
Starting Land: Graveyard (Black)
Useful skill/hobby: Mortician
Profession: Gravedigger/Mortician
Disadvantage: Xenophobic
Backstory: A quiet, solemn man, he spent much of his life wandering the swamps and deep woods surrounding his home in his free time. The rest of his time was spent digging graves for others and prepping the bodies for burial. When one of his messier "clientele" was being prepped for burial, he found a magic card in their possession, and simple instructions for another, basic spell, he realized that now would be the best time to move beyond his current life and pocketed the card. When he learned that the person he had buried had been someone from beyond the village, and an apprentice to a more powerful magic user, he understood he had to use this newfound power to protect the land's solitude, and set out to use any means necessary to drive outsiders further from the village.

Homeland: A nameless backwater village built near a swamp and a forest, these quickly brought the balance of life and death to the center of the community's culture. Over several hundred years in almost complete isolation, the people there developed a deeply spiritual culture, a ritualistic view of life and death and the balance between the two, and a supremely xenophobic attitude towards outsiders.
Though they lack in technology when compared side by side with other civilizations, they more then make up for it in community bonds and a close relationship with the local spirits of the land.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 12:30:13 am »

Speaking of which, *poke*

You waiting for characters that don't suck, or what? :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:38 am »

I was unable to create the turn yesterday, despite my best intentions. I'll try to get something up todayish.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:59 am »

Internet and school seem to have stabalized. IN/list 'Cause I luv mtg :D

Edited!
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:22:43 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »

Characters who are in:
Darvi Derpson the cave-adapted dwarven cultist mason.
Dwareval'il'ik the cowardly Kobold thief reputable merchant.
Irosus the greedy insectoid scribe.
Toaster the xenophobic elven knight.
Frelock the companion-dependent ex-member of a sliver hivemind.

Note: 1 gold > 10 silver > 100 copper. Two silvers will generally get a night at a mid-low end inn with dinner and breakfast.

When switching weapons in combat, you suffer a -2 combat score for the turn unless the new weapon has quickdraw. If ambushed, or if the weaponry to strike with is unspecified, you'll use your most appropriate weapon.

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:17:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:32 pm »

Holy Batman apostrophes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »

A xenophobic elf in a party full of non-elves.  This will be fun, with possible double exclamation points.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 02:30:37 am »

Hmm, interesting.  I think a cultist would work well with a hive-mind adapted fellow, or possibly extremely poorly, coin toss there.  The insectoid has a lot that is similar in the anatomy section, so that works out nicely.  Clearly, the elf is going to be hostile, but a diplomat should get along well with a merchant, right?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 02:51:29 am »

Frelock's going to be clinging to Toaster's leg screaming "DON'T LEAAAAAAVE MEEEEEE" while Toaster frantically tries to dislodge him while screaming "WHY IS IT TOUCHING ME GET IT OFF". The kobold and the scribe are going to be doing nothing but squabbling with each other over loot, and Darvi's going to be sitting in the corner plotting to murder us all.

A highly efficient and functional team, I like it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11