Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10280 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - End.
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »

What would have happened if I had failed?
Samantha would have summoned forbidden magic beyond her abilities and died. All magic would have been eaten by swarms of magic consuming tyranid-like eldritch abominations. Non-magical humanity would have survived for a while. Depending on your definition of "survive."

Everyone had a semi-hidden way to gain power (Toaster by finding more about the threat and requisitioning cards. IronyOwl by gaining followers. Darvi by gaining a cult and asking the RNG for power, possibly after sacrifices. Dwarmin by buying kobolds. Frelock by learning spells and having the hive sliverize them.)

Planned out short RTDs might be fun to have around. I'll have to think about another one, with more planning.

Also, props for seeing it through to the end.
All I did was declare an end, but the feeling of closure is rather nicer than letting it die.

I'm not sure how much that 3,2, and 1 would have helped Toaster anyway.

Also boo for crime not paying. Booooo.
Your knowledge of Samantha's exact location would have eliminated a roll.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2011, 10:17:52 pm »

Too bad I never found out any real information until the very end.

I've got a couple ideas for a simple scale limited RTDs bouncing around in my head.  We'll see if they actually come to fruition.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2011, 02:12:15 am »

Sadness for non-equality.  I guess if they can't accept us, we'll just have to enslave them.  Or slivers could become a team of crack lawyers ;)

Still, great job closing things up.  It was fun while it lasted.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]