Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 79486 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:55 pm »

That's not proof.

Vague impressions of my meta is not proof.
Call it gut feeling then, but I think your scum.

You know how to answer my question now, why don't you do that for me?
You have given a example of the timeframe you would use, but in no way have you tried to explain how you would switch targets, so you can't really say you have explained your question well at all. You are going to have to give me details.

You've been absent for nearly two entire days, Max.
Sometimes people have commitments.

Um...Max, you didn't answer the whole thing.  Unanswered part bolded.

Also, Max, your "proof" for your claims against Jim tells me absolutely nothing.  Can you give some examples from other games of what you're talking about?
Because he is always a dick, constantly, he's entire being is a dick. So being a dick isn't scummy enough to earn a vote, and I don't vote recklessly. Unless somebody earns my vote, I don't vote.

As for Jim, this one is hard to pin down. There isn't a 'Jim did this and town does this other thing', I mean do you really think that would apply to Jim? Rather he is trying to take the lead by pushing people around, rather than hunting scum by pushing people around.

Max:  You're starting to bother me for how much you're arguing for the sake of arguing, instead of arguing a case that someone is scum.   How strong would you call your suspicions?
On Native or Jim? Because despite arguing with Native, I don't really suspect him much at all, not enough for my vote. As for Jim, I am some what confident in my vote, enough to go to lynch over it.

Also, a slight glimmer of Jim's defensive nature.

Sounds like Max White isn't the only person who has a shitty grasp of somebody else's meta. Maybe you'd like to verify your meta impression with other games?
Without replying to me, he mentions my name and attack on him. Showing that it is on he's mind and he is worried about it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

Stuff

Argh, fine.

Unvote. It's clear I don't really have anything on you.

Why are you pushing arguments so weak that you have to resort to forcing Toaster to deny them?
Because he should've denied them already. He should have rebutted them in the replies he gave to them, instead of dancing around the issue.
Basically, I'm not putting the burden of proof on toaster- I'm making a separate issue out of the fact that he hadn't already responded.
Will his explanations ever satisfy me? Realistically, probably not. Never completely. But they would/have satisfied me a lot more than no explanations (or shitty explanations)- I am now willing to consider the possibility that maybe toaster is not scum.

Toaster's responded to you, and now you're making an issue out of him not responding to you. Your running tally of grievances against Toaster as he handles your attack isn't really going to add up to much, it's just going to make you look like you're tunneling.

Whatever. 'S cool, bro. Have fun being dumb.

Then you're full of shit.

Gut feeling's my ass. You're going to vote me on an unjustified meta vote? That's some major bullshit you're spewing.

As for Jim, this one is hard to pin down. There isn't a 'Jim did this and town does this other thing', I mean do you really think that would apply to Jim? Rather he is trying to take the lead by pushing people around, rather than hunting scum by pushing people around.

Naturally this is absent of how or why that makes me scum.

Sounds like Max White isn't the only person who has a shitty grasp of somebody else's meta. Maybe you'd like to verify your meta impression with other games?
Without replying to me, he mentions my name and attack on him. Showing that it is on he's mind and he is worried about it.

Hmm, a copypasta of what I said.

Mmmmmmmmmm, yeah. Max White.

It's great when scum try to use my words against me. Makes them easy to find.

In any case, your case is bullshit, go hang.

I am the jailer.

This seems desperate.

MOD, are all roles guaranteed to be in the game?

If no counterclaim comes I guess we don't have any reason not to believe you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2011, 08:12:10 pm »

OMGUS!
Seriously, voting me because I was pointing out that you did something scummy? All we have are words, no tone, no facial expressions, so any attempt to hunt scum is an attempt to use their own words against them, and your voting me for it? Looks like your a little scared now, guess your not used to being picked out.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »

Somehow I knew you were going to call that.

To which I say,

Yeah, right.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2011, 08:26:42 pm »

Somehow you predicted that I would point out that it was scummy, when you do something scummy?
Well it doesn't take a clairvoyant to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that it only took a little nudge from me for you to abandon the Nuke vote and switch to your attacker.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »

So your case is the following:

1. Gut feeling
2. Pointed out shitty meta
3. OMGUS

With a case like that, it's any wonder why I don't just lynch myself.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2011, 08:47:46 pm »

So.  Um.  Huh, that was odd.

Jack:  Has your opinion of Nuke changed?  I'd also be interested in hearing your other suspicions.
NUKE's big defensive post did cause him to look less scummy, but not enough so to move him under anyone else.  Then he claimed Jailer, which was a bit of a shock.

My main two suspects are Max and Dariush.  Dariush has been thrown a ton of utter garbage (Too Townie, complaining about people responding to his accusations, and everything that showed a lack of reading comprehension, for example) around, during those few times when he's even done something.

Max spent most of the game either doing absolutely nothing or arguing pointlessly with Native while doing practically nothing else.  He then decided to vote for Jim because of meta, but can't give any evidence whatsoever to back his accusations up.  His attacks have now broken down to some of the most utterly idiotic things I've ever read (excluding Youtube comments).

Unvote, vote Max White.

Well it doesn't take a clairvoyant to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that it only took a little nudge from me for you to abandon the Nuke vote and switch to your attacker.
Because NUKE claiming jailer, putting himself in a position where he's safe today unless someone counterclaims, has nothing to do with Jim abandoning the NUKE vote.  Absolutely nothing.

Looks like your a little scared now, guess your not used to being picked out.
I'd quote every single post in the history of the forum in which Jim has received a vote now, but that would be overly long and pretty much pointless.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »

Jim: Yes, all roles are confirmed due to inability to assure balance of variations, considering how unbalanced this already might be.

Votecount up as soon as I have it.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck[9/9]
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:11 pm »

Vote Count:
NUKE9.13 [2]: NativeForeigner, Urist_McArathos
Max White [3]: Powder Miner, Jim Groovester, Jack A T
Urist_McArathos [1]: Dariush
Toaster [1]: NUKE9.13
Jim Groovester [1]: Max White
Dariush [1]: Toaster

I really hope that's right.

Day Ends Tuesday, 6:00 PM you know the drill.

Remember, if you have any questions, ask me directly with my name or Mod in bold.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:31 pm »

Yeah, I'm not gonna be here again before the deadline tommorow.
Oh good.

Well, I didn't want to do this. But as none of my voters seem particularly inclined to listen to reason, and I hardly see the majority shifting to someone else by tomorrow,

I am the jailer.

1. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realize that.

2. Since the jailer is guaranteed (from what I understand), I'm going to go ahead and unvote until either a counterclaim happens or doesn't happen.

You know how to answer my question now, why don't you do that for me?
You have given a example of the timeframe you would use, but in no way have you tried to explain how you would switch targets, so you can't really say you have explained your question well at all. You are going to have to give me details.

Please tell me you're fucking joking. I gave you a step by step example of what I would do. How the switch would go down is basically implied. "Hm, I'm not so sure you're scum anymore, unvote. NEXT TARGET, *generic question followed by building a case*" Ta-fucking-da. I shouldn't have to give you all the damn details to answer such an easy question, but apparently you can't handle that.

That's not proof.

Vague impressions of my meta is not proof.

Don't just listen to your gut, it usually just wants food.

Um...Max, you didn't answer the whole thing.  Unanswered part bolded.

Also, Max, your "proof" for your claims against Jim tells me absolutely nothing.  Can you give some examples from other games of what you're talking about?
Because he is always a dick, constantly, he's entire being is a dick. So being a dick isn't scummy enough to earn a vote, and I don't vote recklessly. Unless somebody earns my vote, I don't vote.

That's right, folks, I'm one giant dick! That's why the ladies love me. ;)

But fer srsly now. From my perspective of this game, Jim hasn't really been trying to push anyone around. He votes for someone, presents his case, and pursues it. He's not trying to force anyone to do anything, I don't see where you're getting this.

Max:  You're starting to bother me for how much you're arguing for the sake of arguing, instead of arguing a case that someone is scum.   How strong would you call your suspicions?
On Native or Jim? Because despite arguing with Native, I don't really suspect him much at all, not enough for my vote. As for Jim, I am some what confident in my vote, enough to go to lynch over it.

Also, a slight glimmer of Jim's defensive nature.

So your case on Jim is basically non-existent but you're willing to lynch him? Interesting.

I also don't see where Jim is worried, he's just being a smart ass about it and using your "case" as an example.

OMGUS!
Seriously, voting me because I was pointing out that you did something scummy? All we have are words, no tone, no facial expressions, so any attempt to hunt scum is an attempt to use their own words against them, and your voting me for it? Looks like your a little scared now, guess your not used to being picked out.

Yaaaay! WIFOM! I love wine!

Somehow you predicted that I would point out that it was scummy, when you do something scummy?

That "little nudge" was NUKE claiming Jailer with no counter-claim and you digging your own grave. Hm.

So, in conclusion, your case on Jim:

That's right, it's blank. Because you don't have one.

Max White. Thanks for giving me a reason.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »

I gotta hand it to you Jim, people are so scared to attack you, that they will actively defend you from anybody that does.
Once again, people put on a good show, proving that they play just like bots.

I can't help having not done much, if you haven't noticed I'm a little below quota on my post count. That was out of my hands. However, if you think that pointing out an OMGUS is idiotic, then clearly your not thinking.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:56 pm »

I gotta hand it to you Jim, people are so scared to attack you, that they will actively defend you from anybody that does.

I can't help having not done much, if you haven't noticed I'm a little below quota on my post count. That was out of my hands. However, if you think that pointing out an OMGUS is idiotic, then clearly your not thinking.

That's right, because Jim's never been lynched. Ever. All hail Jim.

Maybe if you had an actual case...

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2011, 12:04:29 am »

What the hell??  Unvote until this plays out.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2011, 12:31:57 am »

And your new great argument is that everyone's a bunch of Jimbots, so scared of Jim that they'll defend him loyally...oh wait...

This is just a list of votes and FoSes.  Nothing has been carefully looked through, except to make sure everything isn't from RVS.  And I've barely even started going through the subforum.

it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2011, 12:50:25 am »

And your new great argument is that everyone's a bunch of Jimbots, so scared of Jim that they'll defend him loyally...oh wait...

This is just a list of votes and FoSes.  Nothing has been carefully looked through, except to make sure everything isn't from RVS.  And I've barely even started going through the subforum.

it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts

I'm so glad you did it, because I was far too lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27