Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 79578 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 3 - Psilence [7/9]
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2011, 02:42:29 am »

Votecount: TOTALLY UNCHANGED
Urist_McArathos [3]: NUKE9.13, Jim Groovester, Dariush
NativeForeigner [1]: Toaster
Jim Groovester [2]: Urist_McArathos, Jack A T
Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Day ends Friday!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2011, 06:16:46 am »

In the meantime, I would appreciate an extend since the day ends tomorrow and I haven't done anything yet.
Yep, you haven't done anything yet. And won't do anything until the day end anyway. For the second time you struggle to save your leader from the noose. Too bad there's nobody to tunnel anymore, right?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 12, 2011, 04:31:26 pm »

Toaster: I'm gonna go ahead and ignore your accusations, I already explained most of them and I don't feel like doing it again.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the PowereDariush isn't the leader, I don't think the nights would have really gone through without the leader.

That leaves Jim, Toaster, and Urist.

Jim has been rather pushy since D2, asking why we weren't voting Urist for the reasons he presented and when that was pointed out, he backed off of it for a while. Later, he tried to intimidate me into voting for Urist instead of Dariush by saying it's shitty play, but he never gave me a logical reason to (especially since I had already explained why I felt his previous reasons weren't enough). Then there's the matter of voting Dariush and shortening, then scolding everyone the next day. Yeah, you called it. You were also the first one that called for a shorten. I could say more, but it wouldn't be anything new. Oh, and he's been tunneling Urist since D2.

Toaster has been very quiet almost the entire day. Staying out of sight for a while and letting us work ourselves closer to a mislynch and then popping in to say a few things before disappearing again. His longest post is the one he made after I pointed out that he was being uncharacteristically quiet, and all he did was rehash a few things on Dariush. Then, after Jim and a few others shorten, he requests a shorten as well to push the lynch through.

He then attacks me, citing reasons such as never going after other players, but he's also been doing the same thing. He's been after Dariush since D1, hardly even bothering to question other players or build on his case. He just sat on the vote and popped in every once in a while to say something relevant to appear active. He never waffled his vote or got into a conflict with anyone because he wasn't around to do that. The way he's been playing definitely fits into how a good cult leader would play.

I also feel that he converted NUKE N1 and told him to tunnel him blatantly. This would make Toaster appear more townlike because it became apparent that NUKE was converted, and why would he try to get his own leader lynch? For the wine, that's why.

Urist, I still don't think is scum for the same reasons stated here.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 12, 2011, 11:52:39 pm »

Unvote.

Jim has been rather pushy since D2, asking why we weren't voting Urist for the reasons he presented and when that was pointed out, he backed off of it for a while. Later, he tried to intimidate me into voting for Urist instead of Dariush by saying it's shitty play, but he never gave me a logical reason to (especially since I had already explained why I felt his previous reasons weren't enough). Then there's the matter of voting Dariush and shortening, then scolding everyone the next day. Yeah, you called it. You were also the first one that called for a shorten. I could say more, but it wouldn't be anything new. Oh, and he's been tunneling Urist since D2.

This is the same crap McArathos is trying to pin on me.

It's crap. You ever heard of trying to get your suspect lynched? You sure fought to see Dariush lynched over McArathos. Shame on me for trying to get my target lynched when you were pulling scummy shit to see yours.

Toaster has been very quiet almost the entire day. Staying out of sight for a while and letting us work ourselves closer to a mislynch and then popping in to say a few things before disappearing again. His longest post is the one he made after I pointed out that he was being uncharacteristically quiet, and all he did was rehash a few things on Dariush. Then, after Jim and a few others shorten, he requests a shorten as well to push the lynch through.

He then attacks me, citing reasons such as never going after other players, but he's also been doing the same thing. He's been after Dariush since D1, hardly even bothering to question other players or build on his case. He just sat on the vote and popped in every once in a while to say something relevant to appear active. He never waffled his vote or got into a conflict with anyone because he wasn't around to do that. The way he's been playing definitely fits into how a good cult leader would play.

This isn't much of a case. It essentially amounts to, "Toaster did a lot of stuff I did, but worse," which I don't see as exceptionally convincing reasons to see anybody lynched and barely indicative of him being the Cult Leader.

E.G., he requested a shorten. So did four other people. How does that make him the Cult Leader? It doesn't, because that's stupid.

E.G., he's been quiet (or so you say). What does that say about you during lylo?

E.G., he accused you of something, so you accuse him right back for the same thing. If it's scummy for him, how is it not scummy for you?

E.G., he pops in to say something relevant to appear active. Isn't that called playing the game?

I also feel that he converted NUKE N1 and told him to tunnel him blatantly. This would make Toaster appear more townlike because it became apparent that NUKE was converted, and why would he try to get his own leader lynch? For the wine, that's why.

Pure WIFOM and baseless supposition. Your case should be strong enough that you shouldn't have to tack on vacuous reasons like this at the end, not if you actually want to see anybody actually lynched.

Meanwhile, why aren't you trying to rescue McArathos today like you were yesterday? Now that you've got the numbers you don't care who goes down?

This is a placeholder case while you wait for McArathos to get lynched. So long as the Cult Leader doesn't get lynched today, the Cult wins, and I'll bet that's what you were counting on. NativeForeigner.

Oh, and I love how you're still calling us idiots for lynching Dariush, a lynch that you certainly didn't accelerate, join for reasons you call stupid, or anything like that.  After all, we're the idiots.  You're just the guy who used logic you called terrible and called for the shortening of the day.

If you were right about somebody, but then changed your mind, you'd be pretty frustrated about it.

I wish I could say I that NUKE9.13's actions didn't make me think Dariush was scum, but they did, even after I warned everybody not to do something like that. That, and this quote by Dariush made me think he was scum, because the answer is so incredibly obvious I had a hard time believing it was anything beyond a last ditch effort to get votes away from him.

But I was right about him before. To put it eloquently, fuck.

Why did you use a case you considered worthless against Urist (and the "Yep" shows you admit that)?  Do you see anything that makes "you used a case you said was worthless" not a serious attack?  Would you mind explaining?

I reconsidered the case after Max White flipped town. I decided it was something worth pursuing, so I brought it up again. It wasn't exactly the same; I phrased what I found scummy about McArathos better the second time around.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2011, 02:34:35 am »

So you're saying that you're playing the way a good cult leader would play too?

Then, after Jim and a few others shorten, he requests a shorten as well to push the lynch through.
...OH NOES A PLAYER SHORTENED AFTER OTHER PLAYERS SHORTENED!  This is terrible!

Urist, I still don't think is scum for the same reasons stated here.

So...just to clarify, your reason for thinking that Urist is town is that he backs up his arguments and tries to make a point? Like almost everyone tries to do?

Unvote, vote Native.  Damn it, Native, you're making it hard for me to choose a voting target.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:25 am »

Jack: My reason for believing Urist is town is because he hasn't done anything outstandingly scummy.

Too inebriated for a full response. Expect that tomorrow.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:14 am »

Hey, nice job lynching obvscum when obvleader is right there, guys.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2011, 06:40:54 am »

PFP  Very busy with work the past few days, will have a proper response sometime tonight.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:21 am »

Native:  No problem- I'll just ignore your case right back at you.  I'll just skip to this point:

Jack: My reason for believing Urist is town is because he hasn't done anything outstandingly scummy.

So there's no possibility of good scum play?  All scum do outstandingly scummy things?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:54 pm »

So there's no possibility of good scum play?  All scum do outstandingly scummy things?

Not necessarily, but I've seen scummier things from other people.

PFP

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:43 pm »

Some interesting things posted today.

My gut reaction is to find Jim's change off me scummy, since he can't force a mislynch, but this is a unique case and backed with evidence, so it's different from his parroting Dariush.  I'm not convinced enough to unvote, but it's an interesting development nonetheless.

I'm not sure I believe Native to be scummier, but it bears watching.

Extend, anyone?  I won't be back until late tomorrow, and I'd rather prolong the day than make a hasty vote.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2011, 07:07:12 am »

Stop dragging it out, scum. Learn to take your fall with dignity. Oppose extend.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2011, 10:49:42 am »

PFP:  Yeah, because taking the time to get the Lynch right during LYLO is soooooo pro-scum.

I'm working 15 hours a day, and would like to give this vote the attention it needs.  Just shut it, Dariush.  You haven't contributed a thing to the whole day.  The rest of us have a leader to hang.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2011, 02:41:57 pm »

Votecount
Urist_McArathos [2]: NUKE9.13, Dariush
NativeForeigner [3]: Toaster, Jim Groovester, Jack A T
Jim Groovester [1]: Urist_McArathos
Toaster [1]: NativeForeigner

Day ends at 8:00 PM PST!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2011, 05:20:19 pm »

Mod: prod NUKE, please. He hasn't posted in five days.

Extend.

We mislynch today (i.e. lynch me) we lose. We no lynch today, we lose. We lynch a cultist today, we lose.

We've gotta take the time to get this right.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27