Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 79557 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck[9/9]
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:41 pm »

Let's hope, yes.
See the problem with these hypothetical questions is that I don't have enough details to go off, I am change my stance or continue on the attack depending on any number of things that have gone on from there. Still, if you want a more solid answer, I would change my stance, as every day somebody new gets converted, so I could just say somebody who wasn't scummy yesterday is asking scummy today.

You don't think that would draw suspicion towards both you AND your target the day before? Also, saying someone is scumming and actually backing it up are two very different things. What circumstances would change your actions?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 04:59:10 pm »

You seriously want me to go over every possible rout this game count take? That would end up being a lot longer than the game itself, don't be silly.
The rule is I would totally do it if I thought I could get away with it, but the circumstances to get away with it are just too wide to begin with.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 05:09:37 pm »

Unvote.

My herpaderp random question was intentionally extra random. I include in the category of random questions pretty much everything this board does before D1 discussion starts. Random because people basically pick them from an internal list of possible questions at random and ask them to people at random. I feel that whilst they can in theory promote discussion, their are over used, making them essentially useless. Indeed, in this game, they are more than useless, as they cloud D1 with useless banter.

Because getting an idea of how a person will act in certain situations, and actually starting the questioning that leads to serious play, is clearly a bad thing that clouds D1 with useless banter.  Because that's what RVS is: a way to get people to talk.

Dariush: In a situation where there's a person you very strongly suspect of being a cultist, but not the cult leader, and a person you somewhat suspect of being the cult leader, who would you vote for?
Definitely the second one. Lynching a cultist with leader alive is essentially a loss of a townie.

Would this change if you were the jailer?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »

You seriously want me to go over every possible rout this game count take? That would end up being a lot longer than the game itself, don't be silly.
The rule is I would totally do it if I thought I could get away with it, but the circumstances to get away with it are just too wide to begin with.

Not every one, just a few. You seem hesitant to share any details about it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 05:28:44 pm »

Details about when I would bus and when I would switch votes?
That is because there aren't details, I don't have a handbook on what to do in each specific circumstance, I just do what I can at the time.

If you want an example, then a townie suddenly acting scummy would be ideal, but do you know what you ask?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:07 pm »

Oh wow, I'm totally lurking for partaking in such horrible activities as sleep and school.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »

Forgot rest of post.
I'm not too  knowledgable of cults, I've  onlyread about them and played them for a day in a Third Prty MAfia (which was won N1 by Assassin and Survivor).
Max, if the game had a third party, what would you want it to be?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »

SK, they would totally keep things interesting.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:46 pm »

Details about when I would bus and when I would switch votes?
That is because there aren't details, I don't have a handbook on what to do in each specific circumstance, I just do what I can at the time.

If you want an example, then a townie suddenly acting scummy would be ideal, but do you know what you ask?

This is what I mean about being vague. If your decision depends on "a number of things" then SURELY you must have an idea of what some of those things are, right? Unless you're just blowing smoke up my ass.

Powder: Shame on you for sleeping and going to school. How do you plan on handling this game with only a single game day of firsthand experience?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

I am neither blowing smoke up your ass, nor do I have any idea what things.
It is like asking what I am going to do next year, I have no fucking idea yet until I get to that bit, there are a lot of things that could happen between now and then, and trying to predict them all is insane.

Not my fault if you ask questions with waaay too many variables.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »

Blowing smoke up my ass basically means BSing me.

Also:

This is what I mean about being vague. If your decision depends on "a number of things" then SURELY you must have an idea of what SOME of those things are, right? Unless you're just blowing smoke up my ass.

Sure doesn't look like I'm asking you to predict them all.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »

Well apart from somebody happening to look scummy, I honestly don't have a list of reasons why I would suddenly change my vote. Your asking for details I don't have.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 08:14:40 pm »

Well apart from somebody happening to look scummy, I honestly don't have a list of reasons why I would suddenly change my vote. Your asking for details I don't have.

Then why bring it up if you're not even sure of a situation where you would do otherwise?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:53 pm »

Let's hope, yes.
See the problem with these hypothetical questions is that I don't have enough details to go off, I am change my stance or continue on the attack depending on any number of things that have gone on from there. Still, if you want a more solid answer, I would change my stance, as every day somebody new gets converted, so I could just say somebody who wasn't scummy yesterday is asking scummy today.

I only asked if you would bus your target or drop the case. I find it strange that you would mention something without actually knowing a SINGLE situation that fits your claim. I also just realized that you never told me what you would do if your target was the cult leader. Unless you meant for me to assume you would do the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27