Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF repack  (Read 912 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF repack
« on: September 15, 2011, 11:01:44 am »

So, I was was moving my DF install between computers via drop box, and I realized that what I had done was created a publicly available pre-customized version of DF.  if anyone wants it, here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14201437/DF%20RePack%2031.25.zip

It has:
  • Tiles: Guybrush / Herbdog 16x16, ASCII natural but masterfull design, looks like cut stone.
  • Creatures: Awesome graphical creatures by Thirin / Beefmo.  One of the most complete, well done, and thematically similar graphics packs I have found.  I manually edited the backgrounds to be transparent rather than using the textured ground backgrounds.
  • Colors: I think I have a nice subdued natural-style custom color seletion that I took off the WIKI.  I made the black true-black so creature tiles wouldnt have weird backgrounds
  • RAWs: totally stock RAWs, no mods.  Many "tile sets" require modded raws, and this drives me up the wall.  This package has good looks and doesnt require you to hack apart the game.
  • Init: Pretty modestly tweaked Inits.  Mostly just to use the tiles and graphics, tune the colors, cap the FPS at 200, and not put pets in coffins.  Just about everything else is stock.

I have also bundled the utilities I find most usefull, including Therapist, Legends Viewer, Quick Fort, and Overseer.  These have been updated to work with the current version where needed, and should be pretty much ready to run out of the box.
[/list]