Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Apexwhips - Convicts at large  (Read 23079 times)

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apexwhips - Convicts at large
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »

Sorry for not updating in a while.  Please accept this *drawing* of Mandy as an apology.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2010, 11:25:41 pm »

What a Strange Mood

Chief Mandy's Log - Hematite 6, 2017:

It has been a while since I had time to write in this log.  The new immigrants are settling in and we are still cleaning up the mess left by those blasted elves.  At least the pair of goblins the traps killed only had their clothes with them.  The elves left our trade depot an absolute mess.  If they were not already dead, I think I'd kill them again myself.  I have had to order the construction of a dozen extra bins just to store all that junk. 

On the upside, we now have a nice stockpile of “exotic” elven clothing to pass off to Athel when she shows up again.  We should be able to use the profits from that to afford some armor and weapons for our new military. 

So far I have just had the new recruits, including Overlord, running around chasing snailmen.  Formal training will start once we build a new larger barracks for them to train in and once we have some better armor for them.  I really don't want any more injured than we already have.

I am still learning the names of all the new dwarves.  I seem to spend most of my time managing work orders and counting our stocks and don't have much spare time to socialize.  Loki with her parties probably knows the new dwarves better than I do. 

Well here are the ones I can remember the names of:

Overlord – We are still working on getting some forging set up so we can make a hammer for her, in the meantime she gets to wrestle snailmen.

Grendus – I don't know much more about her other than she asked if we had any elephants in the area and was greatly relieved when we told her no.

Gyron – I've seen him occasionally scribbling down what looks like plans for some kind of super ballista.  Once we get our pumps all build, I might see about having him make one of those to 'welcome' Athel with.

Boris – Seems like a decent fellow.  He was more than happy to help us clear out the trade depot. 

Zirilloruk – There seems to be  a rumor going around that she had something to do with the spontaneous combustion of the wagon the immigrants supposedly had.  The rumors concerning her sanity or lack of it, haven't been helped by the fact that she just recently kicked Jarvous out of his craftdwarf's shop and started working on some sort of mysterious project involving some siltstone blocks and chestnut logs. Jarvious has gone to stare at the goblin remains in the dump, presumably waiting for the flesh to rot off the bones.  That dwarf worries me.

Ravenplucker – Another odd one.  She has a haunted look to her and she spent the first few days searching the whole fort from top to bottom.  When Gear asked her what she was looking for, she said something about being quite happy there were no levers.  I'm a bit concerned as to what her reaction will be if I follow through on the idea I had for a pair of drawbridges controlled by levers, to help keep things like goblins out of the fort without having to lock all the doors.

Caz – Yet another haunted looking dwarf.  She doesn't talk much, but one of the first things she did was proclaim herself to be in the military and started following Overlord around.

Sidekick – The dwarf I promoted to the military when she talked back to me.  I don't recall her actual name so I've just been referring to her as Akigagak's sidekick.

Well that's all the dwarves for whom I can put a name to the beard and I think that's enough for this entry.  Time to go 'count' our sunshine barrels, again. 

soaringdragon42

• Bay Watcher
  • Pillow Hoarding Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2010, 11:30:18 pm »

*hides the sharp pointy things she was prodding Fool with*

YAY!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 24, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

So I guess this fort is dead then?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »

So I guess this fort is dead then?

Lets just say indefinite hiatus till I find the time/ambition to work on it again.  I still have the save and all my notes and whatnot.  I've just been too distracted with other things.  (such as minecraft, a job, WoW, the more recent versions of DF, and various coding projects) :-\

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2011, 03:21:21 pm »

I have decided to do a reboot of this story in the current version.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93012.0

I'm doing a clean slate so if you had a claim in this story or a dwarf and want a dwarf in the new story you need to claim them again.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]