Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pulley Glided (Community Fort)  (Read 4909 times)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Pulley Glided (Community Fort)
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:03:47 am »

Welcome my sweet Dwarfs, To your new Home. Here you will work and live in your own room, with your own life, Free from Tyranny.

Note: This fort is already into its 2nd year, I didnt feel like starting a new fort.

Expedition leader Coolnesstod: Hello migrants. Now i will run you through whats been going on in the fortress to this date. We started this fort in the year 31, its been good for 2 years now. We have ample supplies and our farms can feed everyone. We did encounter 2 ambushes at the same time, Round a half a year ago, they were dispatched of at the cost of a swordsdwarfs leg, He is currently bed ridden. But please, make your self at home, your rooms will be finished shortly. (He really didnt have much to say, life here has been good, Boring at most)
One dwarf by the name of Urist Vaboknakuth asked specifically to be in the militia. Coolnesstod told the peasant he would think about it.

And with that he walked back to the barracks to train, still angry for the loss of use with his hand from those damn goblins.  >:(

If you wish to be dwarfed, let me know what profession you want (will be used as a pointer for me) and your dwarfs name, along with a bio if you want. Current number of dwarfs is 75. military dwarfs is currently 2, getting more after i post this.
Food(meat,fish, and plants combined): 988. Booze:266.
Will add pictures in future posts.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:25:58 pm by Coolnesstod »
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pulley Glided (Community Fort)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:21:02 am »

Dwarf me up as a weaponsmith named Cheveux. A pretty burly guy that is always happy, in every situation, as long as he's working on making weapon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:33:09 am »

Dorf me as a marksdwarf named Nix, please.  Chances are he's not gonna even use it to shoot bolts, he's probably just gonna bash his enemies' heads in, so please train him up somewhat in hammering, if you can, along with wrestling. 

Sorry if it's a pretty tall order. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 08:46:26 am »

Chev: your lucky because i have two legendary weaponsmiths.

NRDL: i currently dont have marksdwarves but will give you the hunter that i was going to put into the army Pretty soon. Would you like to be the temporary Sheriff of pulleyglided?

Will post an update in a about 3 hours.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:29:02 am by Coolnesstod »
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:47:57 am »

Chev: your lucky because i have two legendary weaponsmiths.

NRDL: i currently dont have marksdwarves but will give you the hunter that i was going to put into the army Pretty soon.

Will post an update in a about 3 hours.

That's...really the same.  Thanks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:21 am »

Can I be a cook as Generic Cook 1as myself.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:58 am »

Firelord: putting you in now, you are a cook/brewer.

All requests for dwarfs have been put in and I will update on whats going on in the fort pretty soon.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 10:54:26 am »

I'd like the other weapon-smith, please!

Name: Urist McSmith
Profession: Weaponsmith
Skills: whatever the second Weaponsmith's skill is.
Bio: A once nomadic trading dwarf, who formerly bought metal bars from traders, forged them into weapons, and travelled to the next town to sell them. He's gotten bored, and heard of this fortress. And here he is.

P.S: Make sure he's got a high (i.e. adequate or above) appraiser skill and make him the broker.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 11:02:32 am »

I'd like the other weapon-smith, please!

Name: Urist McSmith
Profession: Weaponsmith
Skills: whatever the second Weaponsmith's skill is.
Bio: A once nomadic trading dwarf, who formerly bought metal bars from traders, forged them into weapons, and travelled to the next town to sell them. He's gotten bored, and heard of this fortress. And here he is.

P.S: Make sure he's got a high (i.e. adequate or above) appraiser skill and make him the broker.

I laughed at this because the other weaponsmith just traded in the trade depot because my current broker is lazy. But anyways, it'll get done.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:51 am »

Cool. I wanted the broker position and skills because of his Bio. If he used to be a trader, why not have broker skills?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 11:38:12 am »

Update 1

Coolnesstod Galleyteachers the Golden Volcano of Death(most baddass name ever for only getting 4 kills), our expedition leader is writing in his journal, keeping track of the decisions he made.

1st granite year 33: These new migrants arent bad, a few have asked to be called a certain name, which i couldnt decline. We have started digging our temporary sheriffs room, added more storage rooms in the dining hall for food. and began our silver/copper industry. (Scribbled in tiny font is the word barely)

8th granite: We are now 5 man strong in our military,the new recruits will be training every month, we take training shifts to maximize our effectiveness. Its a little silent underground.

20th granite: Well, we got ambushed again by a squad of goblins lead by a elf. they stood no chance against me and my fellow militia.

2nd felsite: Nix our sheriff, just decided to punch our injured dwarf in the hospital, For an unknown reason. I asked him about it and he said that guy stole his old job back in the Mountainhomes. Sad day to be the leader.

10th felsite: Finished sheriffs room and an elf caravan has arrived, lets take all thier stuff by giving them our spoils from war. Our current broker doesnt seem to want to trade but UristMcsmith certainly does.

20th felsite: plans to dig down to a second cavern layer is in order, gonna get my military strength up before we breach. Current cavern layer is not that open, and we are almost completely surrounded by water.

23rd Felsite: our current stocks are, Food(all combined):994, Drinks: 346, Main plant is plumphelmet, and we currently still have 75 dwarfs, 5 of them are named, and 82 animals. Majority of the population are farmers.

1st Hematite: Praise the miners, we have found a magma pipe, magma sea and another cavern layer, a total of 3 layers under cavern one. I am currently training furiously so we can break into the second cavern and use that magma for good. End log.

OOC: still taking people to be dwarfed, lots of Farmers need someone to control them.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:33:46 pm by Coolnesstod »

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »

Update 2

Coolnesstod, sits happily in the dining room telling jokes to the other dwarfs. He leaves, only to find out that the dwarfs have elected UristMcsmith as their mayor. Coolnesstod congratulates him and asks him if he needs any pointers in his rule. Urist thinks and decides to appoint coolnesstod as Urists personal assistant with Fort decisions.

3rd Hematite: what a wonderful day to NOT be the expedition leader. The things i did for this fort, its nice to take a load off every once in a while. Any ways, the miners have dug into the second cavern layer and we walled the magma in, we are currently building the final pieces of walling and then we will build flooring all over the top of it. Then we(rest of the page is covered in what appears to be dwarven rum)

20th hematite: The floors are taking a long time to build, but we now know theres gold and silver down in the magma field. In other news, We havent been seiged yet, which i find to be very weird. Maybe those goblins are afraid of us?

12th malachite: Damn those wolves, they are charging into the fortress currently. Military, HOO!

30th malachite: By god, finish the damn floor already you masons. Alright, getting soap made, along with creating a silver pick for a third miner.

12th galena: well, portions of the floor are done, lets hope we can finish it by the end of the year. Also, we really need booze for some reason, time for a third still.

(Have fun UristMcHuman as our mayor, you already mandated the making of Large gems, way to get a needed farmer killed)  :D

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »

:oCan I have a miner as myself?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:37 am »

...I'm the sheriff?  I'm not sure what the in-game position of sheriff actually is for. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

It's the guy who throws people in jail. Aka law enforcement.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Pages: [1] 2 3