Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pulley Glided (Community Fort)  (Read 4905 times)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Re: Pulley Glided (Community Fort)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »

Update 5  ;D

20th timber: Military has just fought a minotaur, not much of a fight since it was bare handed and naked. Digging deeper, looking for another cavern layer.

1st moonstone: Praise the miners, we found adamantine, now where is it. WHAT! ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING, ITS UNDER A COMPLETELY WATER CAVERN, FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU...........!

15th moonstone: I swear to Armok, we will get the adamantine if its the last6 thing we do. Goblin thiefs and ambushes cant beat us, We are to strong.

25th moonstone: Digging deeper and were finding lots of gold/silver around, nice job miners. Told the mayor that we have lots of needed materials in the magma sea if he wants us to mine to them.

10th opal: Dig Dig Dig, Thats about all thats been done in the fort. Smoothing down walls in the bedrooms right now. lets hope a goblin siege will come, I want a good fight.

20th opal: Sparring right now, not much to do. Where are those bloddy elves anyways, they were supposed to be here by now? Lets hope they havent been slaughtered.

5th obsidian: Migrant that went into jail just got out and the wounded armor man died. Put him to rest ol' Armok, Ease his suffering.

12th obsidian: Stocks: Food-1500, Drink-559. Dwarfs-94 6 named and main population are farmers.

OOC: Executive decision guys. Before i put the question up for your opinions, i just want to note im playing with version 31_18, because version 31_25 wont work for me.

Question: Do you want to make this a succession fort or Should I keep it the way it is, As a community fort?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:31:54 pm by Coolnesstod »
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Pulley Glided (Possible change in fort type)
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 04:55:54 pm »

Community Fort.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »

once everyone chimesin, the decision will be made.

Also, one of our spearmen was killed by our own trap, The Fuck?
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

chuckthegr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »

I want a woodcutter named Chuck. :)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 05:10:28 pm »

I want a woodcutter named Chuck. :)

Can do, But you are not allowed in the executive decision, Sorry.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 05:26:09 pm »

I say keep community.

About my position:
Geez. What is wrong with my dwarf? My order for Large Gems has not been lifted, and I had 3+ guys go to jail for this. I want to see my guy's profile!

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 07:16:29 pm »

I say keep community.

About my position:
Geez. What is wrong with my dwarf? My order for Large Gems has not been lifted, and I had 3+ guys go to jail for this. I want to see my guy's profile!

It was finally lifted after a beating of a fifth person. Also ill try and get MSpaint to work so i can show pictures. Getting pictures up isnt an option right now, MSpaint is failing me.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:30:36 pm by Coolnesstod »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 10:13:10 pm »

COMMUNITEZ FORT!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 10:15:37 pm »

Community fort it is then. Welp, time to get back to it.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:01 pm »

Update 6

1st Granite: A new year, a new mine, a new War. Forts going nicely, Still no elven caravan, This worries me.

15th granite: Migrants, please, just come drink our Wine and have no ski..... Wait. 3 legendary swimmers, what! THIS IS MADNESS!

25th granite: Mayor is telling us that we have to get to hell and colonize it, with a complete intact building. We'll see how that goes, What with the story from other outposts. I.E. Deathgate.

10th slate: Elven caravan,lets take all they got and kill their traders. Mayor approves and sent the military out, we attack just before they leave.

20th slate: We have all their stuff and they are going to seige us later, Or so they say. Mining down to hell but cant get past this fucking semi-molten rock.

1st Felsite: So many animals, im unleashing my puppy horde that ive kept in a cage for a long time, atleast 40-50 dogs and 20-30 cats.

15th felsite: Forts Boring right now, migrants dont even have any rooms, lets change that. Also, were building a tower that is going to be 6-7 z-levels high.

Stocks: Food-1500, Drink-857(should hold us a bit) Dwarfs-115, 7 named.

OOC:When and if we are seiged by elves, i will not lock us up, but will test our military might against them.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »

GOD DAMNIT!!! Fucking dwarf fortress crashed and deleted the save game  :'( . FUCK! Sorry guys, Apparently backup games were deleted too. I knew i shouldve uploaded the save to Wimbli.

End of this fort due to games shittery. And i had just killed 4 goblin ambushes AND Found adamantine Too.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 10:06:49 am »

Alright guys, this fort isnt gonna end like this. No, it ends when Coolnesstod dies, and the fort is truly abandoned. And it will be accomplished with a story.

He sat impatiently, the miners never were able to strike hell. Coolnesstod watched UristMcSmith pace back and forth. Then he yelled at Coolnesstod "AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?!" Coolnesstod replied by getting up and going to the barracks. This is what his notes say about the fort:

This fort is bloodied in the front and ruled by idiots in the back. I wish not to be here anymore, for UristMcSmith is always wanting gems and aluminum, He also has prohibited the making of adamantine items.

Reg, the Militia commander, asked me if I heard something funny down in the mines. I said no and asked him if he wanted to investigate, But he declined, saying it was probably a baby crying.

For some days now we havent seen the miners, Me and Nix the captain of the guard are going to investigate. Hopefully their alive.

We reached the mining shafts, We saw blood on the walls close to the staircase. I drew my weapons, afraid of what was down there. We got closer to the adamantine stones that we dug out, we saw 2 picks. Nix is getting queasy but pushes on.

We found their bodies, both Lors and Roboboy33's, they seem to be mangled and scorched. Thats when we were attacked, A 12 foot tall Demon of lust grabbed Nix from behind. I charged and cut The demons right foot off. He not only grew it back, But ripped Nix's head off. I ran, He was gaining but i had the height advantage, Able to pass under stuck rocks that pierced into the halls. I ran up the stairs yelling that we had pierced hell and were under attack, Not in that order though.

The mayor called the militia to charge the demons and send them back to hell. We charged forward, they had made it into the hospital and killed a wounded hunter and the Chief Medical dwarf. We met them outside of the hopital, there were three demons, The one of lust, a demon of pain, and what appearred to be a demon riding a magma crab, The demon of agony.The militia charged while i manuevered around them. We were wiped out within seconds, I had narrowly escaped the fire crabs fire. I ran to the diningroom, and told all the civilians to run outside, now.

They did so and when they were all out, i pulled the front gates lever, Sealing both me and the demons in the Fort. I ran to the armory storage, And equiped as many mailshirts and breastplates as I could. A total of 5 mailshirts and 3 breastplates, all iron, should help me in the fight. I then had a thought in my head, I had to create adamantine armor or I were to be killed. I charged down the stairs to the furnaces and made adamantine wafers that were half complete before Urist mandated no making of them. When i had a good 10 of them i made a sword and helm of adamantine, I also removed all clothes that could catch on fire.

I walked to the front gates, and saw a good 10 demons. They spotted me, and snarled. The demon of Lust was there, He appeared to be the leader. They charged and i stood my ground. The first 5 demons were all made of fire and killed off easily. The demon on the magma crab, attacked me , knocking my shield out of my hands. but i tossed my sword and it hit him in the face, Cutting it in half. I ran forward, grabbed on of the demons tridents and stabbed the demon of pain in the chest. He looked down and side swiped me off my feat and into a clay wall. I rolled to the side dove and tackled it. I punched in the face several time before he died from a broken skull, most likely. The next 2 demons were made of steam, and could hurt me greatly. I sacrificed my bots and tossed them, killing both demons but losing my favorite pair of boots. The last demon, the one that killed Nix, said to me"You have no chance against me, so lay down and I'll make it painless". I was about to charge when i heard a horn, From the outside.

The humans and Their army approached, But why, i did not know then. truly the other dwarfs didnt make it to the humans that fast. But the Humans were here and they were ready to fight, with who I was not certain. The demon of Lust charged, and sent me flying into the fort yet again. I was able to stop myself at the spare Armory, I looked in the only bin to find an Iron two handed sword. The demon came down and clawed me in the Right arm. I retaliated by kicking him in the shin, Bruising his skin. He laughed then shot fire at me. I rolled away and stayed low while it passed over me. Then he kicked me in the face, Knocking me unconscious.

I woke up, on a cloud, and saw Nix standing by my side. I went to speak, but he cut me off. "Its not your time Coolnesstod, You still have work to do." I was confused, then was shot from my soul back to my body. I looked up and around, i was in the front gates, but my feet felt weird. and thats when i realized i was being held in the air. I looked back and saw the demon, He smiled. I kicked with my right leg into the arm that held me and broke it. He backed up then recharged, trying to bite my feet. I ran back, saw my adamantine sword and dove for it. I reached it but couldnt get it unstuck.

The demon sure could though and he launched the sword over the wall. I ran up, got ontop of a dead demons body and jumped in the air, punching the demon him the face, Breaking his nose. I than took my helmet and began hitting him in his legs and breaking more bones. When he could no longer move, I ran to the dining room, so i could pull the lever to open the gates.

I reached the dining room, but instead of the lever being there, There was Nix. He then exploded, Destroying the lever and a wall to the mineshafts. I looked inside and saw a note. It read "To Whoever is reading this, In order to kill a demon of lust, You must destroy his Brain or sever the head."

I sought out to do so, I grabbed a copper warhammer and a knife from the kitchen. I returned to the front gates and began smashing the demon in the face. Rage overcame me and i kept bashing him in the face, over and over. He only smiled and punched me in the foot. Breaking it and the bone now sticking out. I pulled out the knife and began cutting his throat. It took me a good 40 seconds to cut through and by the time i was finished, he had died. I grabbed a pick from the storage room and dug my way out of the fortress.

The humans saw me Covered in blood and asked me what happened? I couldnt only say Demons before passing out. I awoke to find myself in the mountainhomes, with My good Friends From Pulley glided. UristMcSmith came in and asked me if I wanted to join him in another outpost somewhere. I punched him in the face and told him to sod off. I was later crowned a lord of the mountainhomes and i have a wife and 2 kids. But remember, you dont always survive a demon assault, So only go to hell if your prepared.

OOC: Thanks guys for reading and im sorry that the game crashed on me and deleted my saves, Ill do another fort later. (Maybe)
Pages: 1 2 [3]