Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Starcraft 1 Streaming: Match 1 Uploaded

(1/2) > >>

Orb:

That one game, from 1998, that is an official sport in South Korea.

Anyway, I've been playing a few skirmishes with a friend of mine over LAN every week, and considering that I like watching SC1 matches, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing the matches we play. I wouldn't be "streaming" per say, since it will be saved to my computer and then uploaded onto Youtube using Hypercam.

However, I am somewhat better than my friend, meaning I win almost every time, and I would consider us adequately skilled. We don't turtle and mass wraiths, but we don't do heavy micro or use late game special units, like the science vessel, often. Also, I don't have a microphone, so I won't be commentating, not that I would be good at it anyway. I'll add a summary after the video. Finely, I'll be uploading replays of the matches, so that I can speed it up. I assume most people would prefer it this way anyway.

So, would anyone be interested in this? I won't be able to do B12 matches due to my lag, though if you guys want enough, I could borrow my friend's laptop and head on over to a place with free wireless, like Mcdonalds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matches

Match 1: Orb (T) vs. Rory (P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsVywv02BPk

This is mostly a test to see if I can actually upload a match. This is the last match we had, nothing spectacular or long. Its quick and to the point.

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)We both picked random races, and Rory ended up with his worst race, Protoss. Rory scouted me first, but I killed his scout when he forgot to micro it.

I started my build expecting him to rush, because I didn't know exactly what he was doing. If he rushed, I'd be ready. If he didn't, I'd rush him.

Later on, when I figured out he wasn't going to attack, I scouted him and attacked him myself. He had very few units and the rest is history.

My only mistake I can conceive that game was that I blocked my scanner placement with a bunker. If Rory's strategy had worked, I'd probably have lost.

Rory tried to rush Dark Templar, and without a scanner I would have been toast. However, he forgot to scout me after his first time, and failed to see the large force I was building up.

warhammer651:
call me somewhat interested

Itnetlolor:
I have SC1, although it's been a good while since I last RTS'd, and made progress with SC1 as well.

However, I'm always up for a match whenever available. Don't expect me to be all that skilled though.

Age of Empires II and Galactic Battlegrounds (Star Wars Age of Empires), however, I'm re-sharpening my edge, and am getting back into the groove of.

Aside all that, I don't mind watching a few matches play out.

Orb:
Alright, first match is up. Its mostly a test to see if I can actually upload matches and so on.

Comments on my strategies and failures are welcome. Always looking to improve.

I took the AVI file created by Hypercam and shrunk it by using Windows Movie Maker. Is there a way I could make it an even smaller file size, without sacrificing quality?

Itnetlolor:
Have you ever heard of ChaosLauncher? It's a way to allow you to play Starcraft (and probably Diablo) windowed.

Just something to toss in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version