Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: deleated creature file animals still in the game?  (Read 943 times)

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
deleated creature file animals still in the game?
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:38:00 pm »

ya this was strange, i made a file with some new pet creatures, after a while i decided to just adjust the real creature and delete this one, i then deleted my saved games and remade the world, only to find, tada, the old creatures, who now are no longer located in any creature file, are still in the list of buyable pets.. any ideas?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: deleated creature file animals still in the game?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »

Ah, yeah, there's some unfortunateness here -- when it processes the raw folder and sticks files in "data/objects", it doesn't bother to clean out old data/objects files that don't exist anymore.  If you ever get rid of a raw file that has already been processed, you'll have to get rid of the data/objects file manually.  There's no harm in just deleting all of "data/objects".  Of course, the game could do that I suppose, but I wanted to let people send around processed files so that they could surprise there curious friends or something, though the whole thing should be more formalized than the current mess.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!