???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 386524 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (And so, the actual plot began to rear its ugly head...)
« Reply #2265 on: January 14, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

>One. Last. Attack.

4+9+11.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: January 14, 2012, 04:40:55 pm »

I hope Choco is alright. Well, no sense in worrying now.

>CR: We need to go deeper.

You find yourself worrying about your sprite again. You shake it off for now, realizing you have no way to contact him, and that, even if you did, this is hardly the time.

You descend farther into the volcano. There a few passages, peppering the inside of the volcano, that seem to have been left over when the lava stopped flowing. They all result in dead ends, but after some investigation, you realize something about the layout of this volcano seems familiar.

Of course! The temple you accessed through your first gate! The pictographs on the wall with the marked dead ends! It was talking about this place!

>Mikheal: The fuck? Explain to me why it would be in my interest to give a bunch of creepy demonic Elder Gods power over an entire world?

"We had power over the world you came from. Would continuing in that vein truly be so bad? Besides, you must take into consideration what we have to offer. With our help, you can finally claim the ultimate reward. Otherwise, you will be doomed. Your comrades will die, and your cause will be lost. In your darkest hour, you will turn against each other. Those who survive will not be able to halt the reckoning. Yours is a quest of futility, without our guidance. And, in any case, should you succeed without our help... We gain dominion over the new world in any case. For us, any way you succeed, is a way that we succeed."
A different voice speaks, oilier and altogether more unpleasant than the first. "Or... Perhaps the boy would prefer power over guidance?"
The first voice speaks again. "It is an option. But we require a task, before we bestow such a boon upon the Knight. A gesture, if you will, to prove that he can follow instructions. One of your number is unfit for your quest. He will either collapse in despair, or lash out in anger at you and your comrades. You must neutralize your Mage."

> Claire: Start beating on imp 2.
[7,10 + 8] = 25
[6,1 + 8] = 15

Your first swing hits the imp dead center, dealing seven damage, but you miss with your second hit, lodging your sword into the floor. You spend the rest of your turn dislodging it from the floor.

Imp 1 attacks you, but misses, and Imp has similar luck.

You cannot use Scorpion's strike this turn, because you missed with it last turn. No one actually moved, so the battlemap remains unchanged.

RL: Swear angrily at BT for wrecking shit, then heal up while you can't move.

You give BT a piece of your mind via colorful language, and catch your breath, so long as your legs are refusing to follow orders.

Snakesprite gives up on attacking both enemies at once, and focuses on the fire basilisk, doing 6 damage, and taking 1 from the fire aura.

The training basilisk takes another run up at you, and bites at you. It deals 10 damage, but at least you can move again.

The fire basilisk gives snakesprite similar treatment. He takes an extra 10 damage.

The stricken Giclops gets up and lumbers back towards BT.

KRUMP DEM GITS UP
[7,9]+9=25
[6,8]+9=23

You smack both of the imps upside the head, prompting them to burst at the seams, scattering grist everywhere. Your eyes tell you that the battle has ended, but your ears and gut (always trust your gut!) tell you that it has not.

>One. Last. Attack.

4+9+11.

You grit your teeth, push past the pain, and make one more attack. You drive your rapier into the basilisk's mouth, and up through to his brain. The great beast shudders out one last breath before collapsing into a pile of grist.

You don't know how that window of opportunity opened just there, but it saved your life.

The same, unfortunately, can not be said for your mystery ally. The prospitian lies dead, partially crushed from being stepped on by the basilisk while you dueled it. He has something clutched in his hand.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: January 14, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

Wait. Why would it be on the temple walls there, but not here? Whatever. I know where to go, or at least where not to go. A good memory has never been more useful. Now for the puzzling monitor room... is there one here? Maybe it still works!

>CR: Ignore the normal dead ends, and head for the marked ones.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »

Wait. Why would it be on the temple walls there, but not here? Whatever. I know where to go, or at least where not to go. A good memory has never been more useful. Now for the puzzling monitor room... is there one here? Maybe it still works!

>CR: Ignore the normal dead ends, and head for the marked ones.

To the best of your memory, you make for the marked dead ends. These ones, apart from being significantly larger, don't seem to have to have any obvious significance, and definitely no control centers. Hmm. This is certainly a mystery.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:05 pm »

No time to waste I guess... I'd rather not find out I've been stalked. Wait. Have I?

>CR: Look around for Mr. Stalker then head for the exit.

[8,4+14]=26

If I rolled a 33 could I use x-ray vision? :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: January 14, 2012, 05:43:44 pm »

No time to waste I guess... I'd rather not find out I've been stalked. Wait. Have I?

>CR: Look around for Mr. Stalker then head for the exit.

[8,4+14]=26

If I rolled a 33 could I use x-ray vision? :P

X-ray vision is outside your scope, sorry. You're pretty certain no one followed you though.

You begin to head back for the surface. You're going to have to go through those enemies still though.

Also, you used your weapons power during the last encounter, so it is going back into your hand. Are you going to flush the pogo ride as well, or hold onto it?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: January 14, 2012, 06:19:27 pm »

RL: Hit it some more.
4+8+10-1=21.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: January 14, 2012, 07:31:42 pm »

RL: Hit it some more.
4+8+10-1=21.

You swing back at the basilisk, dealing 20 damage. Nice arm.

Your sprite attacks the fire basilisk, hitting for 5 damage.

The training Ogre attacks you again, biting you for 8 damage.

The fire basilisk attacks your sprite again, dealing 5 damage.

BT delivers a vicious uppercut to one of the Giclops, slaying it, and sending an explosion of grist everywhere. Several chunks land on you.

Also, I just added up the experience from some of the recent fights, including some enemies that were destroyed in battles that aren't finished yet, and we are up to 359104 boondollars! Everyone not engaged in a fight is now fifth level, and everyone in a fight may now treat themselves as fourth level, until they finish, at which point they hit fifth.

Also, to encourage people to hang out wherever, you can alchemize items from any set of alchemization items. You don't have to hover over your house for fear of not crafting sweet loot.

I'll update everyone's character sheets tomorrow. Make a project out of it.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: January 14, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

>Mikheal:... You want me to kill one of my friends? What the hell?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: January 14, 2012, 07:59:49 pm »

Wait... There's nothing here? Seriously? That doesn't sound right.

>CR: Search for a different exit. Ignore the dead ends you remember and look for one that wasn't mentioned.

[10,6+14]=30 (Just in case there is a mysterious wall.)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

Wait, so we went up 2 levels in 1 set of fights? That's pretty awesome.

RL: I have nothing witty to say here right now. Slide 1 to the northeast and keep hitting it.

10+10, I shit you not. And since Snakesprite grave blundered earlier in the fight, that auto-confirms a Brutal Affront and gives me back my second wind. So I guess let's SASSACRUSH THAT BITCH

Something tells me I'm going to abuse that Fortune-Favored power way too much.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:05 pm »

>Mikheal:... You want me to kill one of my friends? What the hell?

"We never said kill, though that is an option. Merely remove him from play, as it were. Tie him up. Freeze him in carbonite. Any method you deem sufficient. More importantly, you must convince your comrades that this is the best way. He is a danger to himself and others. You must move on without him. He will weigh down your team. You must believe us.

"If he knew of the atrocious crimes he has committed throughout paradox space... He might do it himself."

Wait... There's nothing here? Seriously? That doesn't sound right.

>CR: Search for a different exit. Ignore the dead ends you remember and look for one that wasn't mentioned.

[10,6+14]=30 (Just in case there is a mysterious wall.)

You head further down in your search for additional exits. There is not a one to be found. You do find something else though. At the base of the volcano is a large metal rod, which moves deeper into the earth. Puzzling.

Wait, so we went up 2 levels in 1 set of fights? That's pretty awesome.

RL: I have nothing witty to say here right now. Slide 1 to the northeast and keep hitting it.

10+10, I shit you not. And since Snakesprite grave blundered earlier in the fight, that auto-confirms a Brutal Affront and gives me back my second wind. So I guess let's SASSACRUSH THAT BITCH

Something tells me I'm going to abuse that Fortune-Favored power way too much.
We were close-ish to a level before that, so it isn't ridiculously surprising. There were also a couple imps from ffs's previous fight.
Yea and verily to that. Fortune Favored is hardcore.

You slide backwards and bring your halberd down like a freight train all over that basilisk. His damn head explodes. So does the rest of him, into shiny, shiny grist.

Your sprite follows your lead. He deals 10 damage to the remaining basilisk.

Just so you know, you have your second wind back from your boon, and your health is about half gone, so that might be somewhere to use it.

FAKEEDIT: I realized just now why that experience jump was so high: I didn't divide it for 8 players. Have no fear, I'm not redacting it. No experience for the enemies being currently fought though. Just don't let the power go to your head.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: January 14, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »

RL: Now the other basilisk!
8+7+11-1= 25.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 14, 2012, 08:46:13 pm »

Looks like it's time to pull the plug on this place. 8) (YEAAAAH!)

>CR: Attempt to pull the rod out of the mountain and run like hell.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: January 14, 2012, 08:59:20 pm »

That means I have 7 points in my lobby. GET ME THE FUCK OUT SO I CAN USE THEM.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:36:12 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 335