Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monotheism  (Read 805 times)

Fenrir

Monotheism
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »

I want to create a creature that has the [POWER] tag so it can be worshipped as a god, but I only want there to be one of it in the entire world. Is that at all possible?

EDIT:
Oops, wrong forum!

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Monotheism
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

Someone should totally answer this, now I want to make Cthulhu.
Shoes...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

In theory, it should already be possible to do this if you create a 17x17 world and it only generates one civilization of the creature type that worships your chosen [POWER].

I think.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>In theory, it should already be possible to do this if you create a 17x17 world and it only generates one civilization of the creature type that worships your chosen [POWER].

I think.</STRONG>

You could make the maximum city population equal to the maximum total civilisation population to force it to have only one town. This could actually fit the theme in my mod, so I think I'll do it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

Guys, it's easy to make:
[RELIGION:ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER] in entity for each civ.

and make a creature you want with [POWER] tag (as demon for now) and remove this tag from demons. Thus every nation will worship new god like goblins do now. Just call the creature "avatar of *god name*".
If you want the only god with custom name, not avatar option, just call the creature "god" and give it [POPULATION_NUMBER:1:1]. Then it will generate the funny name for it and you'll have a "The Bloody Anus Of Hell, God".
You may want to edit spheres for this creature ([SPHERE:*] tag) or remove them totally to make in "omni" -).

Here is the link to the full list of spheres.

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Fenrir

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

Very good. Now I have gods for my mod.

*Fenrir begins drawing pictures of shells.*

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]