Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 21236 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »

((That was my second result. Yeah, my first one was just 'power combination'. Oh yeah, I get ALL of the powers? wheee! *presses random button again*

Would Cthulhu be considered an aquatic creature?

I'm sticking with generally realistic forms, and I've already figured that Kaths powers should keep her from increasing her mass too much-because, her larger form would end up starving to death, being nutrition/energy/magic needed to run the body stays constant, when changing from a smaller to a larger body. She can make herself smaller, though-goldfish for example. It explains why she'll spend so much time chasing fish. :3

But, no Whale/Giant Squid morph-at least, right away...she would probably have to slowly build up to it, taking larger and larger forms, and then eating, and choosing another one, to eventually reach it.

Hmm, this is more fun that I thought it would be.
))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 10:18:57 pm »

(Hmm.. I might not join anyway.. when pushing the random button, I either get overpowered ones, or something rather.. uninteresting..)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:24 pm »

First random I got something I didn't like at all for what I wanted my character to be forgot what it was, second one was Fast Metabolism (lolno), and then I got http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Manipulation.

Powder Talented Miner, is a 6’3’’ tall man of average weight. His sapphire eyes are round, and his short hair is light brown. His skin is pale. He is wiry.
He is carrying a copper pick and wearing an alpaca wool coat, alpaca wool, trousers, and two alpaca leather shoes. He is 23 years old. He is strong.
Powder Talented Miner walked up the road. Apparently this town had tons of ore under it, and he had a job to go mine it out. He had ten andesite pebbles in his alpaca leather backpack in case trouble started (This place was known for its heroes and villains after all). But why would andesite pebbles help in an attack? You need to go into Powder Talented Miner's history.

Powder Peasant had, at the at the age of 21, decided to follow the career path of mining and make his family proud. After two years, he found out he was quite talented at it, and his strength helped. so the dwarve hired him, and experimenting with magic, they accidentally gave him earth powers. He could manipulate earth, but only after it had been taken from the ground. Being a miner this fit him very well. Powder Talented Miner is now here half a year later on the aforementioned new job. Apparently he was to find aluminum ore and mine it out.

The andesite pebbles were actually supercompacted andesite boulders he had mined. They had the weight of boulders, but earth was light to him, because of his powers. He would turn it back into a boulder and manipulate it if he was attacked. He looked around for where he was to start digging while twirling the copper pick in his hand.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:17 am »

((Yo, furtuka. Are you going to put some more people into the OP?))

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 08:24:52 am »

(Radio frequency detection. Arthur.)

Arthur stared at his phone. It was exceedingly noisy in the cities, or anywhere these days, and it helped if he concentrated on only a single thing. He could hear and see everything so clearly. Every phone call, everything wireless sent to someone, hell, he could even determine his location by listening to the GPS signals, but it all starts overwriting eachother if you dont concentrate.

There was never a clear point where it started, as technology progressed, so did his power.

And now he found himself in Kaleno. Was supposed to be an interesting city.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 10:38:22 am »

(http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bat_Mimicry, Aaron)
Aaron Watched Kaleno, watching everyone walk around and be happy.
He was not, however.
Aaron found out his power when he was 12, he found out he could see in the dark very well, even when there was no light.
He was being chased by a dog, it clearly wanted to rip out his guts, however, he screamed very loudly, scaring the dog away, he knew something was up.
10 years later, he was here.
He jumped from a tree, slowly gliding down. He ran behind a trash bin, plotting his next move.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 10:44:37 am »

(fffffffuuuuuuuuu-- someone beat me to bat mimicry  :()
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:49 am »

(Also, is there some sort of turn thing?)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 11:06:00 am »

(Also, is there some sort of turn thing?)

(Not really- generally with this sort of thing you can wait until someone else responds, or advance your character's plot yourself if it's taking too long- it's probably going to be awhile before any two characters interact anyway. ED: Just don't spam the thread RPing with yourself :P

Also, I'll be proceeding with my planned character anyway, and editing in the useless post- no reason why two people can't have the same page, since powers can be interpreted in radically different ways  :P)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:07:49 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 11:32:40 am »

((You guys don't mind if I do the first world action?))

DAY 1

~Kaleno City~
Time 7:29 A.M
Place: Industrial District

Random Villiany Roll!

(Super Breath! )

(Apes! )

"This is Channel 11 news, on the scene! A group of strange beings are rampaging through the Industrial District...police have cordoned off the area...and...what was that?"

The News Crew hears something in the distance...a group of angry looking ape creatures can be seen marching down the street -they vaugely resemble Gorillas, but their eyes betray a spark of intelligence...and malevolence. A group of police officers wielding firearms can be seen lining up behind their cars, and aiming. The camera keeps rolling.

The police open fire with a fusiliade of bullets-it doesn't seem to do much, but make the Apes angry. The Camera zooms in on one particular, that is literally laughing off repeated rounds from a shotgun. All of the sudden, the Ape takes a deep breath and...the camera pans up, as hurricane force winds lift the police cars into the air like toys...and, with horror, a car is seen heading right into the camera-and the man behind it. There is a crunch, and the screen cuts to a mass of ominous static.

Then is rapidly changes back to the station, and it's ever smug, ever smiling host.

"Woah! I hope those guys are all right. It's time like this when the world could really use Heroes, huh?

Threat Level: 2/5 (Moderate)
Enemy: Unknown
Numbers: 34 Gene-Gorillas Type H

Spoiler: Gene-Gorilla Type H (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »

(Nice starting mission-type-thing!)
Aaron heard the screams, starting to come out.
He suddenly started running towards the Industrial District!
"God, this is some good shit going on."
Aaron soon arrived, taking cover behind one of the police cars. He knew that this was something bad, and he had to find a weapon fast.
(I am leaving this open for you to say what happens, if you want)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 12:15:48 pm »

Ok, this is actualy looking fun even if it didn't seem like it from the rules description, is it to late to join?

*rolls*...
360-Degree Vision
Ok, that's pretty damn lame. And I can't think of any good character based round it. Requesting permission to reroll?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 12:18:25 pm »

((@Aaron: this isn't an RTD-you generally decide what happens to your character, and plot points will get tossed in for everyone to deal with. Your not so much playing a game as you are writing a story.

@Armok: Lol...just lol. I would re-roll, but maybe bake in the 360 degree vision into whatever you get after. Its seems a supplementary power, thats not too strong to be paired with something else.))

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

(Who says we are heroes? Hawhawhaw.)

"Apes?" Arthur asks himself as he tunes in on Channel 11, catching the broadcast.
"Apes. And that host is creepy as hell." He thinks to himself.

Arthur slowly starts to walk towards the industrial district, gleaming any information he can. More out of curiosity, rather than wanting to do anything about the situation.

(Anyway, is everyone cool with me expanding my pawahs to full on technopathy at some point and to run with being able to produce my own signals at the moment?)

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 12:24:28 pm »

((I think your free to do what you want, as long stay out of God-Mod territory. Your skill in particular is in need a nice plot power boost. :3 ))

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38