Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 21234 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #555 on: October 08, 2011, 08:06:33 pm »

"Ah, hello Ulysses! Still ghostly as ever, I see!" Kine turned to the supers that had stepped up to his side. "State your names and powers!"     "Dave, super strength!" A young man with tanned skin, wearing a tee shirt said. "Larcen, I control fire!" Said a middle aged man wearing a red jacket. "Sariah, Shapeshiftin!" Said a young woman with a stylish hat on. Kine looked at them approvingly. "Alright, now get out there and show these humans what supers can do!" The three supers jumped away in different directions and began to battle the creatures. "So, Ulysses, quite a rag tag following I've aquired, huh?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 08, 2011, 08:28:25 pm »

Powder Adept Miner had come to the park that day to repair the damage he had done to it when mining for boulders during a fight. Coincidentally, a super decided to make a speech here about the Aetherplane, his funky words for Hell, the Void, The Land Above, and the Domain of the Toad, PAM guessed. During the speech, some crazy guy spoke and these bug-like things attacked. PAM sighed, took his pic, hopped out of the pit he was sowing seeds into, and charged. And his pick bounced off of the armor of the bug. "Uhh. Err, oh D-" He was knocked a few feet by the swipe the bug dealt him, and he got up panfully, got out a pebble, and formed it into a crecent-shaped blade. "See how you like this!" And with that, he slashed at the bug, gouging deeply into it.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 08, 2011, 08:31:17 pm »

Rick woke up with a moderate hangover about half way between his house and the bar.
Ok, well. Maybe I should have stopped at twenty.
He got up and brushed the dust off of his tattered lab coat in time to hear people talking about bugs in the park on his police radio that he totally didn't steal.
Gah. Too bad it isn't biomass or a pathogen, I really want an excuse to test out my strain.
He began unsteadily jogging towards the park, not really trusting in his ability to rip holes in reality while hung over.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 08, 2011, 09:33:33 pm »

"Looks like everyone's showing up for the party. Can't say I'm very surprised." He floated up to one of the bugs, and made the ghastliest sound he could. It sounded like a mixture of a cat with whooping cough being stabbed in the gut, a jet with a malfunctioning engine flying over, and an entire block of the insane asylum maniacally laughing. Needless to say, the thing was scared shitless. Using the fear he had caused, he slipped through the skull into it's mind where he took the reigns and rode it like a horse. Unfortunately, the sound had attracted some of the more curious creatures, and it looked like Ulysses would have to fight his way out.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 08, 2011, 09:37:07 pm »

Dave 'Shade' Daurmin

A man in a black business suit with a knife strapped to his leg appeared unexpectedly in the crowd of people. After listening to Kine's speech Shade decided he wasn't interested in the group, just what he could use them for. He called out "Shade. Watch this." He ran forward kicking off the podium only to fell forwards into his own shadow on the ground only for him to appear in the shadow of the massive creature. The momentum tossed him upwards to the height of a creature. As he landed he drew his blade and cut into the soft neck of the monstrosity, he danced about the back of the creature cutting into it as he moved. Whenever he fell of he teleported back onto the creature using the same shadow that he used to climb it, thank goodness it was stupid. Maybe he should have brought something bigger than a knife... but that wouldn't be fun.

There was too much to do here without fighting for someone else's cause, but he might get something out of this group. Hopefully no one minded that he was a notorious bank robber. Who knew that a poorly lit vault would be such a security threat? He was beyond petty cash, he wanted excitement, even if it meant almost being caught. His notoriety led to several news stories and articles which gave him a massive ego.

The creature started to fall, so Shade decided to have some fun with it. He started screaming and shaking his hands towards the creature's shadow which slowly opened up as it fell. The building a little ways down started to go dark as Shade and the creature appeared a good twenty feet above ground. Shade rode the monster's back as it skidded to a stop, when it stopped moving he raised both his arms up as if someone just scored a touchdown. That was tiring, but he tried his best not to let it show.

((He can do group warping if he wants, but depending on how tired he is he might not be able to. For instance he couldn't right now.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:59 pm »

((I cast revive on this thread!))

Ulysses hadn't done this in a while. He was surprised at the nimbleness of the thing, and so tried to use that to his advantage. He slashed at the other bugs with it's scythe-like claw, decapitating one of the things. One of the others tried to return the blow, but Ulysses saw that coming. He jumped up onto one of their heads and jumped down again. He then bit one of them in the leg, tearing the skin, bruising the muscle and shattering the exoskeleton. In response, it fell over and scraped its claw against the back of Ulysses's bug, causing a large gash to be made. Well, looks like I'll have a bit more trouble than I thought...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]