Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Renaissance Men (Is there anyone still watching?)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zrk2:
Unfortunately I misplaced the shot of me converting it to a town, I think that would have added dramatic effect.

NRDL:
Wait in medieval 2 total war, you can only produce the better military units in castles right?  Not cities?  This is cool, it really feels like you're in the age of Machiavelli, due to your army of mercenaries led by condottieres.   

Zrk2:
Yes, this is where the Fun comes from.

Zrk2:
VENICE!!!

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17
Spoiler: The Adriatic Campaign (click to show/hide)
By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Following the capture of Venice I continued to apply pressure, thye launched a single pathetic counter attack, but all it did was hand out free experience bars.

We beat off some reinforcements in a crater.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Then we marched on, and assaulted Zagreb.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Following this we marched to Ragusa, where a truly large (but not massive) battle occurred. Defending the castle was at least 12 units, many of them professional spear men. We split our forces into two main sections. One took the battering ram and assaulted the gatehouse. The others poured over the walls with as many ladders as they had available.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Following a vicious battle on the walls and in the streets under them we emerged victorious. While the infantry dealt with the last of the defenders on the walls the cavalry rode upon the keep, with the commander of the garrison watching them come.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

So ends the Adriatic Campaign.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17
Spoiler: The Conclusion of Venice. (click to show/hide)
By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Iraklion, their capital was defended only by a generals bodyguard. Not worth the time to upload a shot.

Then we arrived at the last outpost of the 'Venetian Empire.' It was Tripoli. The fate of Venice was settled in the best way possible; a confused swirl of men trying to kill each other, with their commanders vainly screaming orders at them.

By Zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Unfortunately, it was only an average destruction.

By Zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Your move, Venice - Oh wait...

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Zrk2:
HEINRICH!!!

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18
Spoiler: Bologna (click to show/hide)'Milord! Word from Genoa! Imperial ships have blockaded the harbour!'

The Duke was furious. 'Summon the banners, the Emperor will pay for his impudence. We march on Bologna.'

Levies from Venice met with the Milanese levies, amd then again with the troops up from Florence just outside of Bologna. The city was invested, but before an assault could be launched some imperial scouts returned as reinforcements.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

Agostino called his captains together. 'Men I see a simple plan. We have four different sets of ladders, I want tow of those to assault that walls immediately to either side of the gatehouse, I want the other two a ways off to the side to draw away defenders. The remaining men will take the battering rams directly for the gatehouse. I will stay back with the cavalry and dissuade a flank attack by the reinforcements. The crossbowmen will offer suppressing fire wherever I deem necessary. We march at the crack of noon.' And so the commanders of the army turned in for a night in theirs, or someone else's, if the fancy so struck them.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

The initial attack came off without a hitch, but some knights that had been scouting came around and attempted to ambush the men on the rams.

'Bugger! Knights, with me!' He lead his knights to chase down these men, but the imperials were lighter armed and evaded him at first. Eventually they were backed up against the wall and slaughtered.

Following them there arrived some crossbowmen, but they were woefully out numbered, and hopelessly out trained and disciplined.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

Following the defeat of the reinforcements the defenses collapsed and the emperor was cut down trying to rally his men.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18
Spoiler: The Austrian Pacification (click to show/hide)Following the capture of Bologna the levies marched on the Austrian fasthold of Innsbruck. It is woefully undermanned and falls easily.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

Vienna is slightly better defended, but faces no different a threat.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

The same tactics used so successfully on Bologna are again used.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

They are critically effective.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

And so Vienna falls.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18
Spoiler: Important Behind the Scenes Stuff (click to show/hide)Science continues to advance, thanks in no small part to our patronage.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-18

By Zrk2 at 2011-09-17

This confirms to the rest of the world what we already know.

By zrk2 at 2011-09-17

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version