Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 262850 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 03:53:29 am »

Charity's Journal 11th Granite, 95

Today Friesden came to me, said she needed, some traction benches, for holding patients still while bones mend. A reasonable request, but something about the look in her eye makes me feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, for her, we have no mechanics here. She looked upset, and later I found her carving rocks into mechanisms, in the alcove by my office.

Charity's Journal 16th Granite, 95

Now Friesden is burning wooden logs into ash, she claims it's for making soap. But I don't know if I believe that. I know ash is component in making soap, but something seems fishy with that pony.

Charity's Secret Diary 19th Granite, 95

The day has finally, come. Today, Cryptson and I will be married, in the Meeting Hall in front of everypony. Then we will celebrate, with dwarven beers, and wines, and cupcakes, and party until morning, and everypony is invited. I'm so excited. This is the happiest day of my life, even if we are banished out here to the jungle, we can still make a decent life for ourselves. 

Charity's Journal 27th Granite, 95

A huge wave of ponies has just arrived at our gates. New members of our band of exiles, enough to double our population, apparently the merchants story of how we've succeeded here has reached even the prison population, and more are considering coming here as an option, instead of assuming it to be as good as a death sentence. Now I have to try and organize these 21 new ponies.

Male Earthpony Doctor Sending this one down to help Friesden, and to keep an eye on his extracurricular activities.
Male Earthpony Farmer
Female Unicorn Seamstress
Male Unicorn Spearpony (going in Starkey's ground squad)
Female Unicorn Lasher (ground squad)
Female Earth Pony thresher and mechanic
Male Unicorn Engraver
Male Pegasus Stoneworker
Female Pegasus Cheesemaker, uh, I mean airborne squadron recruit
Female Earthpony farmer/beekeeper
Male Earthpony Carpenter/woodcutter Thundersplinter needed some assistants.
Feamale Earthpony peasant married to above carpenter and mother of two. Guess she can help move things around.
Male Unicorn foal, around 3 years old
Female Royal Pony foal, 1 year old. (how is it that these two filthy earthponies can have a unicorn and a royal as their children.)
Male Pegasus chef
Male Pegasus Fisherpony
Female Pegasus woodcutter with minor military experience. Said she used a mace before, well now she's going to learn to shoot a crossbow.
Male Pegasus Blacksmith
Male Unicorn Siege Operator
Male Unicorn weaver
Male Earthpony hunter.

This many new ponies will overcrowd our dormitories. In the morning.Cryptson is going to start digging out individual rooms for everypony. Starting with ours. Thundersplinters is going to have to take a break from the pile of wooden blocks she's been working on, says she wants to build a wooden tower on the surface, and start building some more beds for everypony.

Also,

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:52 am »

Mind if Friesden kills off one of the worthless ponies on the sly?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:50 am »

Mind if Friesden kills off one of the worthless ponies on the sly?

Sure, which one and how did you have in mind. I could make a drop (won't work on fliers), or an upright spike trap room, easily enough, that would be operated by a lever, in Friesden's room, using burrows to make sure Friesden's the one to pull the lever. That could work, unless you have another idea.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 04:17:09 am »

Was thinking the cheesemaker, but if you were planning on using that one, guess the fisherpony.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 04:25:02 am »

Khenal's Book

Charity and Cryptson were married today!  They both looked so happy, I think it's the first time I've seen Cryptson actually smile.  There was a great reception after the ceremony, and everypony had fun.  I made sure I didn't drink too much, passing out would likely see me in wing extensions again.  I still have no idea who made them, Thunder Splinter looked just as surprised as me when she saw me in them after my hospital visit a while ago.

More of Khenal's Book

Huh.  Now that I've settled on what to call you, I need a way to differentiate these writings, my Book.  A whole bunch of ponies immigrated to GlitterGlen, and with new faces came the return of the awkward looks when I work.  Well, the others came to accept me, so I'll just try to ignore the uncomfortable moments until these new ponies adjust.  Cryptson has been busy digging out rooms for everypony and Thunder is busy making beds.  I wonder if she needs any help?

Have any of the other named ponies made any interesting friends/romances?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 04:43:14 am »

Can I claim the Male Earthpony Farmer? Name of Benoni.
くコ:彡

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 04:27:00 am »

Someone asked if any of the other named ponies were romantically involved. And no none of them are with the exception of Ironya and Firelordsky, who were married before they arrived, I had forgot to note that earlier.

newly claimed pony desription
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

23rd Slate, 95

Bokbon Razotstertar, our broker, and Unicorn Bone carver, has been distant, she hasn't talked to anypony recently, I tried to talk to her but she ignored me. It's almost as if...

Addendum

That crazy pony ran off and barricaded herself in her workshop. She then ran off and grabbed an entire Water Buffalo Calf's skeleton, and a stack of logs from the kapok tree. She continues to work secretly and hasn't yet come back out. 

27th Slate, 95

Bokbon finally came out of her workshop today, she seems to have made the finest door I have ever seen, she calls it Crazywax. It's made of bone and wood, all worked as if by a master. She claims to have had the idea for it several days ago, and needed to see if she could do. And by the gods she has. I think this will do nicely as the door to Cryptson and mine's new room.

My dad made a sketch of the door after I mentioned it. It isn't colored or inked, and it's on lined paper, but I thought you'd still want to see it so here you go.

11th Felsite, 95

I've heard that Khenal's been asking Thundersplinter to help out with the carpentry work. We set up a second carpenter's workshop, but Thundersplinter just has him turning out wooden blocks. Say's Khenal isn't ready to make anything more complicated, but I think Thundersplinter is just trying to get another pony to help her with her dream of a wooden tower/landing pad.

11th Felsite, 95 addendum

Ironya, gave birth today, to a bouncing baby Pegasus boy. I haven't heard what the parents are going to name him, but Friesden says the child is healthy and that's what's most important.

To the individual who claimed Ironya, I will allow you to give a nickname to your child, if you so desire.
Here's your baby.

18th Felsite, 95

A filthy Keshi, foal snatcher snuck into the fortress today. Thank the gods they were spotted before they got to any of the children. According to the ponies that saw it, it was wearing the symbols of 'The Bearded Devil' a Diomedian pony civilization, known to operate in the Failed Jungles. It ran off as the militia chased after him. One of our marksponies in training, was the only one to engage the thief, but was unsuccessful in harming him, most likely because he ran out with his quiver empty and attempted to bash the thief's, head in with his -honey badger pegasi bone crossbow- to no effect. In fact the only injury sustained by anypony was a cut to the right rear leg of the charging 'markspony.' I've asked Starkey to have a talk with him about how she isn't in the melee squad any more and should learn to stop acting like it, once she gets out of the hospital that is.

Regardless, the Diomedian ponies definitely know we're here now. I went out and stood on the wall later. Thundersplinters, and that other woodcutter have clear cut a lot of jungle around our walls, I think an archer tower or two could be helpful, as they would have a clear line of sight over a large area, knowing that Thundersplinter has long desired a tower of wood, I told her I will allow her to begin construction, if she submits to allowing for fortifications to be placed in the second and third floors.

21st Felsite, 95

Another Snatcher came today, this one didn't get as far as she was spotted by Shasad as they were cutting trees. The militia was called up, but were unable to catch him, Khenal got just close enough to be disappointed in losing his trail. Two thieves have come and two have escaped, this paints a poor image of our defenses, I worry that they might decide to start sending out their twisted ponies in greater numbers. Cinderspark is working to outfit our troops with bronze armor but we just don't have enough copper or tin, we only got a little from the caravan, thus, our dwindling leather supply is being used to try and patch the holes left by our lack of metal, as are the bones and shells being worked by Bokbon, but neither leather nor unicorn magic worked bone will protect a pony from the iron blades of the Diomedians.

Pony List
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:35:38 am by KingStrongbeard »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:18 am »

Nah, the kiddo will stay nickname-less, I say! Maybe when he will do something interesting.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 05:00:47 am »

From the diary of ThunderSplinter.

That bothersome pony, Khenal, who seems to delight in wasting my time and annoying me with endless inanities, has finally been put to work in the secondary carpenter's workshop.  I don't trust him with any real tools, or projects for that matter, so he's slowly kicking out wooden blocks.  Slowly because, he charges off every now and then, probably chasing horseflies or butterpegasi, feckless colt - wouldn't know what a real day's work involved.

Anyway, so many migrant ponies arrived, I've got orders for beds that will take me weeks to put together, I will have to move my own bed near the workshop just to save time.  Then there will be a whole raft of barrels for alcohol, maybe I should suggest to Khenal that he go and bother the brewer instead.  He might redeem himself if he makes some decent midnight berry wine for me.

Signing off for now,
ThunderSplinter.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 1

I figure chapters are as good a way as marking entries in you as anything, Book.  Huh, I guess everything before this counts as a prologue.  There was another party today as Ironya had a baby!  Ironya  is our main weaponsmith, and she's married to FireLordSky.  I think he's the one I helped with farming a few times?  There's getting to be so many ponies I'm having trouble keeping up.

Chapter 2

The Diomedians know we're here.  There have been at least two foalnappers spotted in the last few days.  Neither seems to have been able to get close to the little ones, but it's very worrying.  I almost caught one, but I lost him in the dense jungle that borders us.  I really hope we don't see any more of them, our foals deserve to live without the fear of being taken.

I've also been helping Thunder Splinter with the woodworking.  I'm not very good, so she just has me making blocks while she makes beautiful beds.  It's nice, working with wood.  I've never had a chance to actually make anything before, even just blocks.  There's getting to be enough ponies that odd jobs are dwindling, I should probably settle into a civilian profession soon.  I really like the military, and will stick with it, but I should at least have something to do between shifts instead of just sitting around.  Maybe I'll apply for a carpentry job?  Or maybe try brewing first, Thunder Splinter seems to think I'd be good at that.  Wont know unless I try!

Uh-oh, snatchers!  I wonder how hard the diomedians will be to actually fight?

Also: New Named Pony!  Here's Benoni, our latest farmerpony!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25:14 pm »

They're the equivalent of Goblins, only better.

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 12:32:38 am »

They're the equivalent of Goblins, only 20% cooler.
Fixed.
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:30 am »

Ah, so not too bad until 100 of them show up or the military is naked.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2011, 01:45:13 am »

Unless you get a royal one, which will feth up your average recruit.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 01:56:21 pm »

Could I claim the Unicorn Engraver? Just my username please.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 665