Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 262236 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #9810 on: April 08, 2012, 09:22:23 pm »

Starkey holds the little filly in his forehooves, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Oh yes little one, Princess Luna was so wonderfully nice to all of us. She let me and Auntie Otik come back, and took away all our scars too! I'll tell you all about her later, but first I want to talk with your mama, okay?"

He gently sets little Copper on the floor and tousles her mane, before turning to Charity.

"...It's wonderful to see you again, Charity."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: April 08, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »

Kris follows Adamant inside, not quite sure what she'd find.  She knew that the spirits of all the ponies mentioned had been staying in Glitterglen, except for her parents who would now have gone on to face Luna.  Not something she had admitted to even Addy, because he'd probably think she was crazy.  Had somepony accidentally cast the spell to see their spirits on Cryptson?  Was that what he saw?

As she enters the cabin and sees her grandparents, her heart lifts for a moment before she realizes it could all still just be her seeing their spirits somehow.  Although, wasn't her mom supposed to be here too?  But hadn't she gone on to see Luna?

Then she hears Friesden's exclamations and begins to wonder for a moment if it was all true.  But how could it be?  She had never heard of such a miracle before, as desperately as she wanted to believe it.

Wait, and Friesden was pregnant?  With triplets?

Her mouth hangs open slightly at the prospect of it all, and she fails to process it as quickly as it hits her.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: April 08, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »

Charity just stands in confusion. Starkey alive, and Otik is here too, and Friesden just said...something about triplets and it was all to much, the poor old mare just needed a moment to clear her mind. "Wuh...what? How is all this possible?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: April 08, 2012, 09:31:02 pm »

"I don't know! Mum said that you usually only have one, or at most two foals. But I'm getting THREE! Isn't it amazing!? Today is the best day EVER!"

She gives Charity a quick hug.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:06 pm »

Starkey smiles warmly, stepping forward to join the hug.

"Well... isn't it said that all things are possible through Them?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: April 08, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Charity shakes her head as if trying to wake herself up and then looks at the stallion before her again, "Well...well yes, but it...it isn't that they can bring back the dead. It's that they did? I mean, why? I've never heard of this happening before. Please don't be offended my friend, but why you? Why did Luna see to bring you back to us, but not Lolum who gave his life to save a half dozen others, or Osal's little daughter taken from us by the Diomedians at only a year of age," Osal standing in the corner winces visibly at the memory, "or that elderly earthpony who was crushed in the construction of the well 3 years ago, or any other innocent pony taken before their time? Why would the Sisters give somepony a second chance now?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: April 08, 2012, 09:57:09 pm »

"That... is going to take some explaining. Perhaps over dinner?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: April 08, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

"Wait, Falcata's gone. We can't start without Falcata!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: April 08, 2012, 10:10:09 pm »

Charity turns to Friesden, "Fal..Falcata? But I thought... Is she resurrected too?" a hopeful expression appears across her face. Though Cryptson behind her frowns already knowing the answer.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: April 09, 2012, 12:51:16 am »

Kris' ears perk up at the sound of her mother's name.  So she was here, out of sight.  Her own head was still swirling from the confusion of it all.  It was only because of that confusion that she hadn't swept her grandparents up in a hug of her own.  She was still moments away from doing it, but with an explanation coming soon and the possibility of seeing her mother again, she decides to let Starkey speak with Charity without interrupting.

In the spirit world, Falcata releases the hug with her husband and considers what she was going to say to Charity.  She'd missed her a lot in the time since she had died, and it had been difficult to resist the urge to speak with her through Venture.  But that time was now.  She and all of her family were here, and she'd finally have a chance to tell them how she'd missed them and give her final goodbyes when the time came.

And she was going to have to tell them all, Kris included, that she wouldn't be coming back.  She wasn't sure how that was going to go... but there was nothing to do but take things as they came.

Thinking of that... she supposed it would be up to Khenal to show her and Estoc to the newcomers.  She wondered if she could learn the spell... probably not.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:55:00 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:04 am »

"Could I talk to Mr. Startame sometime today, please?" A rather Impatient Unicorn asked, unsatisfied with Willows previous answers.

"Shucks, I'ma sarry, Mr. Startame Is'a very busy Stallion. Many appointments. Maybe I canna' pencil you in for an appointment?" Willow recited through a cringe, knowing too well what Startame was really doing with his trophy wives when his office door read 'Do not desturb'.

"No-No-No I've been waiting for this audience! you're not going to give me the ring around again! Get in there and tell him it's me!"

"An appointment-"

Couth bursts into the room, blood seeping from a bolt wound in his chest

"Wiiiillow..Willow!

He slumps over

"oh, nota 'gain... ya' cana keep doin this ta' me!" Willow darted to him.

"And, where are you goin'? Oh look, one of Startame's street rats are dying! let's drop everything! My meeting, girl! it's important!" the unicorn cried

Willow looked at him with disbelief, then revulsion, then contempt, then rage.

"That street rat?" Willow stated, her cheerful country drawl gone.

"Is the only damn thing in this whole world I care about"

She headbutts the unicorn unconscious and slings Couth over his shoulder

"I..I..don't deserve you, Willow, I really don't"

" 'Course you don't. Damn Startame. Damn him!" She walks into a backroom and rolls Couth on the table.

"What did you do this time?"

"A..A hit - hit went wrong. Ow!" Willow snaps the bolt and pulls it out his shoulder.

"We ... we need to get out of this life, Couth."

"Ha! Ack! and what would we do!? go back to the streets? Never. Startame is ... like a father to me. loves ... me."

"And I am a sister to you! I love you! no, I love the good in you, no matter how many evil deeds you do, damn it, I will always still love the good in you. Your quest to make your father proud ?  It's going to kill you. Then I'd have to kill him."

"kill him? He... provides for us, he spoils us! how could you? he's the only pony in this town who actually cares about us. "

"sigh "He cares about maintaining his tools" She looks at the wound "And barely."

Willow sighs, and decides to ask the question that's been gnawing at her since she laid eyes on that oily bastard Startame.

"Couth, If Startame asked you to kill me, would you do it?"

Couth stared at her, mouth agape. He took minutes to come up with an answer for her.

" It.. It would never go down like that. I would never ...I ..I"

"answer the question! you can bullsh%t your way out of hell, Couth , but not me! who would you pick?"

"You, Willow. If something happened to you? If you weren't there to pick up the pieces? who knows? I might do something crazy! ha Haha ha hah"]

"Willow?"

"WILLOW?"

"Hmm?" she responds

A wooden Gladius slices across her face

Ohh! So sorry! That looks like it hurts!" Hiero winced

"Aw, It's 'nutin! just'a scratch!" She lied

"you spaced off for a second, what was that about?"

"Just thinkin' about my younger days an' my great home life."

"yeah, the last thing you'll want to do in a fight is think."

"Hah, thank ya' for takin' the time out of yer schedule fer trainin' me"

Hiero looks down morosely"well, the schedule's been pretty empty since, since...Eh, anyway I needed this, you needed this." Hiero looks at willow's bruised face

"you really needed this."

aw, now look what you did willow! made him sad! what cheers a guy right up?

"whew! How about we grab a' bite?"

Hiero grinned "asking me on a date?"

She grinned and ruffled his mane

"C'mon! let's go."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:42:42 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:00 pm »

"I...no...I'm sorry, Charity...I asked Luna to take me instead, and let Falcata come back...but she wouldn't let me....I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: April 09, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »

Charity's hope fades at Friesden's words, "Please don't apologize Friesden, you did nothing wrong. It is hardly your fault." Charity gives her a hug. "Starkey is right, let us all talk this out over dinner."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: April 09, 2012, 10:40:01 pm »

I smile at my friends, happy to be able to have this time together. 

'Friesden, Charity, Starkey, Otik, Falcata... Falcata!  Oops, not everypony can see her and Estoc right now.'

"Charity, may I cast a spell upon you and your family?  There are two others who should be part of this discussion, but you can't see them right now."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: April 09, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »

Charity looks to Khenal, a bit perplexed, "Can't see them... but this spell will allow us too? Uh, yes, that would be fine Khenal, I trust you. Go right ahead."
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 665