Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 262549 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #9870 on: April 13, 2012, 12:40:56 am »

Charity chuckles, "Yes, Khenal I believe you have already met corporals Starkey and Otik. They will be joining the Ducal Guard as of today." she turns to Khenal and smiles, "That is if you don't mind training a few unbloodied soldiers."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: April 13, 2012, 12:58:26 am »

Starkey tries to keep a straight face, but the barest hint of a smile creeps into his face.

"I'd never held a weapon in my life until today, sir, but I will not disappoint you! "
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:07 am »

I can only sputter and look utterly confused at the ponies before me.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: April 13, 2012, 01:57:54 am »

Charity nudges Khenal. "Is this how the Taciturn Sorcerer acts in front of his fresh troops." she whispers to him.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: April 13, 2012, 02:09:53 am »

My failing thought processes latch onto that, asking a question to try to kick-start my higher functions.

"The... what?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: April 13, 2012, 02:17:00 am »

Charity looks bemused at Khenal, "The Taciturn Sorcerer. That's what the commoners call you now. Surely you've heard it before? I think they started using it shortly after you lead the charge after, after the old Commander fell."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: April 13, 2012, 02:20:20 am »

"Against... the Cyclops?  To... try to save poor... private Berath?"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: April 13, 2012, 02:28:18 am »

Charity thinks back, "It might have been around then that the nickname got popular yeah, but I think it started before that, after the battle, where, where Starkey died. Remember he dropped and you rallied the fortress guard and the rest of my bodyguard to reinforce the front lines. Seems you impressed some ponies that day."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:40:23 am by KingStrongbeard »

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43:47 am »

"Aye la- er, Captain. What you did that day took a lot of guts. Not many ponies could've turned the tide of battle like that."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:49:02 am by Impending Doom »
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:45 am »

I slowly take a few steps backward, the praise from my friends somehow more terrifying than the Diomedian army.

"I... I just did what I could... what anypony could have... should have done... to try to stop them, to... to try to protect everypony..."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: April 13, 2012, 02:49:33 pm »

Charity looks at Khenal, "No Khenal, anypony couldn't have done that...I couldn't do that. When all of you ran out to fight, I...I just stood there, afraid. Like a foal. I should have helped but I couldn't. If you hadn't done that, we would have lost more ponies that day. We would have lost Kris, and Peytral, and many more. You were a hero that day, and everypony knows that."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:21 pm »

"I'm not a hero... please, no..."

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »

Willow's Research

15th Obsidian

Another day, another dead end. Every time I try to slip my brother's name into a conversation, the ponies here either tell me they don't know anything, or look at my badge nervously and get defensive. One pony even had the gall to tell me 'Maybe he just moved to another fort?'  This was his last stop. I know it was. Came straight from the Diomidian's mouth, they sent him in here and he never came out. I had hoped he was being held prisoner, But I checked every dungeon, every cell, every crevice of this place. This is starting to look grim ... Starting to think I am going to find nothing but A body in the end ... which -Complicates- things, since I feel like I'm really starting to fit in here. This has been nice, it really has, these ponies actually treat me like an equal, something that was an unthinkable rarity in Talintranced. what if I keep snooping, I find out what really happened, find the murderer and I might have to kill someone I like? Maybe I should just let it go. Do my job. Be the best I can be, Die a hero like Falcata. Be somepony. Could I let it go? No, No I couldn't. I Can't. Like a sore on the top of my mouth, It'll just keep bothering me. I know the drill, Collect the information, Investigate the clues, List the suspects, pray for the poor soul who'll be on the end of my bolt.

> Side note; Hiero likes Fish Fillets, tomato sauce, and red wine. Make that for him sometime.

1st Granite

I filled in for Traphe, who was sick today. I should know, I poisoned her. A terrible thing to do? yes. Necessary? Also yes. I need to get my hooves on Couth's Dossier, which is located in charity's office. Almost had it, but then Jaxler barged in and introduced himself. Almost had it. Couldn't look inconspicuous and steal at the same time.

3rd Granite

Hiero, just, ugh, Hiero. can he ever relax? on and on about how even though he has feelings for me, he was still recovering from his stint with Falcata, conflicted about dating someone in combat duty again, asked if our relationship was going too fast, yada, yada, yada, whatever. had a mini-episode right in the middle of the dining hall. It was sweet, really, it was, but I was trying to grill Tom for information. I put my tongue to his tonsils to shut him up, and felt ... fangs. That's ... that's going to need some getting used to.

10th Granite

Have Couth's Dossier, not going write down how for fear of incriminating myself. Nothing's in here. just when he arrived here, that he worked at the Bar for sometime, his time of death (Death Confirmed) and the rest is lined out with black ink. A name. A 'Commissar Abel' took a copy of the files, Unaltered. First suspect down. Should take a trip to bar one of there days.

27th Granite

Hugwax is here. Everypony stood in awe of her presence, their eternal burning question "What does a princess look like?" finally answered. Let me answer that; SHORT. Somehow, since the last time I saw her the princess has gotten shorter. That was when? six - seven years ago? Her and Mr. Startame? had something going on. Always on the guest list whenever Mr. Startame threw his lavish parties. Well, I guess with her status she's invited to whatever she damn well pleases. Difference is, she actually came. Secret love that could never be? Strictly buisnuss? All I know is she and her plus ninety we're always a pain to schedule in. my personal theory? Startame's constant street wars keep Hugwax's rat population down, so she not only turns a blind eye, she backs him!

I looked good out there today! Standing shoulder to shoulder with my unit, wearing fancy ceremonial armor, who would ever guess this lowly mud-pony peasant would ever be underneath it? I-

"Uh, Willow?"

You know, actually feel proud In what I do for once.

"Willow?" Hiero softly asked from Willow's bed

Willow slammed her Diary shut "What?"

"Could you get me A drink?"

"Sure, what would you like?"

"A Rum on the Ice?"

"Sure," she smiled, then pointed at the kitchen.

"There's tha' Rum, an' there's the Ice. Wha' do ya think we are? Hitched? get yer' own drink!"

Hiero playfully made an effort against the Willows handcuffs which tied him to the bed-frame

"Key?"

"Ah, ya mean this?" she dangles the key in front of him, and drops it down her corset and lunges at the colt

"Come an' get it!"

((for those wondering, It takes exactly 3 beers to write a romance plot between MLP characters. It's just enough to bury the shame.))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:20:02 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: April 13, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »

((for those wondering, It takes exactly 3 beers to write a romance plot between MLP characters. It's just enough to bury the shame.))

((Hahaha.  I'm liking Heiro and Willow.  :D  Just imagine, I wrote my part of Heiro / Falcata's date minus booze.))
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: April 13, 2012, 11:13:19 pm »

"You are a hero, Khenal. Or if you aren't, you're the closest I've ever seen to one. You've earned that title through your deeds and feats."
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 665