Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 260721 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #9840 on: April 10, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »

Friesden takes a short break from giggling and tickling Khenal to say "Yes please!" to his suggestion of the angel-hair worm cocoons, then proceeds to dive back into her combination of giggling and tickling.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »

Before long, the three ponies return with stacks of food balanced on backs, wings, or simply floating through the air.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: April 10, 2012, 11:16:32 pm »

As the ponies return with the food and set it out to eat, Falcata joins her friends at the table, even if she couldn't join them in eating.  With everpony else taking the opportunity to eat, she found herself doing most of the explaining.

She started where Charity left off, retelling the events leading up to the fight with the underground monster and how she, Otik and Estoc met after the fight.  She explains how Otik didn't want to leave her family behind, and how she came to realize she didn't either.  At first she fails to mention her mortal terror at facing Luna's judgment, but as the story gets to where Couth came for her she finds that unavoidable.  She tells how she'd done some things in her life that she'd regretted, even telling of the thief she'd killed for murdering her husband.  She doesn't recount the others she'd killed though.

Her story goes on to how she'd been forgiven by Luna, and how she would now be ushering the dead from Glitterglen to their final rest, at least for a time.  She allows Starkey and Otik to tell their own parts of the story, including where Starkey had been slain by the lasher in combat.  Kris is visibly disturbed at even the mention of the battle, but thankfully they finally get to where Luna came before them all and offered to restore the Element Bearers to life, and how she'd given her chance to Otik.  By then, most everypony had finished eating what they wanted, and Falcata muses that this was probably the most she'd said in a single sitting in decades.

Now she had to think of how she'd say her goodbyes...

Kris listens as her mom tells the story, and is a bit upset at first just from hearing the story from her point of view.  Hearing that her mom was okay and had been forgiven by Luna though, she could sleep very well that night.  Her grandparents were back, and even though her mom wasn't, she couldn't imagine being much happier right then.  She'd had a chance to see her mom and dad again, and they were going to be okay.

She waits patiently as the conversation unfolds, and keeps giving Adamant a few cautious looks to see if he might be feeling the same way she did.  The moment wasn't perfect, but she couldn't imagine when she'd have everypony together like this again.  Her stomach felt funny and her heart was beating twice its normal rate, but finally she found the will to announce to everypony,
"Oh, mom, dad, everypony, there's something Addy and I wanted to tell you all."  Her nervous smile transforms into a grin.  "We're getting married!"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:08:15 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: April 11, 2012, 03:29:03 pm »

"You're getting married?!" shouts Friesden in a combination of shock, surprise, happiness, and /more/ surprise.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: April 11, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

Her grin widens a bit and she nods enthusiastically.  "Yes!"  She leans against Adamant and lays one of her forehooves on his.  "Addy proposed to me last night, and I said yes!"

Falcata and Estoc exchange surprised glances, and smiles form on their faces.  "Kris, honey, that's... that's fantastic!" Falcata replies, feeling the fairly depressing atmosphere lift.  She wasn't sure how else to respond to that, it was so unexpected, yet she couldn't be happier for her daughter.

Kris... getting married?  How was it even possible she'd come so far along in life already?

Estoc says nothing, but his smile grows into a small grin of his own as he places a hoof on Falcata's withers.  Their little filly had certainly grown up.  He couldn't be more proud of her, or happy for her.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: April 11, 2012, 06:51:49 pm »

Cryptson smiles and places a hoof on his eldest son's withers, and nods his approval. Charity, however, has a much more lively reaction to this joyous news. The Duchess goes over the young couple and embraces the two of them, from behind, kissing them each on cheek. "This is wonderful news! I can't believe my little Addy is getting married." She squeezes them both again, "When will the wedding be? Have you decided on a date yet? Oh, we have so many preparations to make. I'm going to organize a huge wedding for you two, and don't you worry Kris, I'll pay for the whole thing."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »

My eyes widen at the surprising news, then I smile at the newly affianced couple.

"This is wonderful news!  Congratulations you two!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »

"Oh, I couldn't possibly ask for you to do that..." Kris replies, still smiling.  "I've got a little saved up.  And we hadn't quite decided on a date yet."

Falcata and Estoc stand and join the two at the other side of the table.  They wait their turn to embrace the couple, with Estoc offering each a congratulatory pat on the back as Falcata gives them a hug.  "This is wonderful news!" she echoes.  "I'm so happy for the two of you." 

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:10 pm »

Starkey and Otik take their own turns embracing their granddaughter and her new fiancee.

"That's wonderful to hear, Kris."

Otik thinks for a moment, then looks up at Starkey.

"Y'know Stars, now that we're both alive again..."

"Hmm?"

"Well, shouldnae we see about tryin' th' knot ourselves?"

"Oh, aye, I had hoped we could... wait. I think I know where you're going with this..."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: April 11, 2012, 08:44:58 pm »

Kris listens to her grandparents, and she thinks she picks up on what her grandma was saying...  She waits for the wave of hugs and nuzzles to come to an end, and says, "Well, we haven't picked a date yet.  Did you... want to do it at the same time?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »

"Well, if ye wouldnae mind... I'd like that very much."

Starkey stands beside Otik, placing a hoof on her withers.

"We'd like that very much."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:51 pm »

"I'd like that very much, too," she says, grinning again and giving her fiance a nuzzle.

The ponies spend the rest of the night chatting away, catching up on the little things, and the families of the soon to be wed spending an inordinate amount of time planning for the wedding.  Kris hadn't been this excited in all of her life, and Falcata hadn't in over a decade.  Her daughter was getting married.  She had no idea she'd see this day, after her own death, much less so soon.  She was going to do everything she could to help though.

As the night drags on, Falcata recalls that she had obligations to meet with Luna again.  With everypony growing weary after hours of socializing and planning, she reluctantly bids them all farewell for now, and returns to Luna's domain.

She and Estoc return to the channel of moonlight in the cavern where Falcata lost her life, a beam that would stand as an eternal testament to her end.  As they rise in the light to return to Paradise, she feels a bit giddy over it all.  She'd come back as soon as Luna let her, that much she'd promised.  She knew Luna would let her see her little filly get married.  And then, she really could rest in peace.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: April 11, 2012, 10:20:14 pm »

((Time for a big old fashioned fort update, I hope this one has some fun for us.))

Charity's Journal 4th Hematite, 101

I went into labor this afternoon. I'm too tired now to write much, but the new filly, is an earthpony, like her father, and her name is Cinnamon Diamond.

27th Timber, 101

I can't help but feel responsible for Starkey's death. When we came out here, my orders from the Princess was to make this section of the jungle safe for ponies. I have failed, we have hid underground locked away from the surface, relying on Starkey alone to protect us, for too long. It is my fault he is dead, I don't deserve to rule Glitterglen, but I can't trust anypony else not to make my same mistakes. I'm talking with the other architects and masons. We will expand. We will take back the surface. We will make the Failed Jungles a place were ponies can walk in the sunlight without fear. We will not suffer another failure of this magnitude. I will make Glitterglen safe, or I shall die in the attempt. We shall make a fortress here in the northern lands, that can withstand any siege.

Bebmal, Venture's mother, just had another foal, her eighth, and all while her eldest son is still in the hospital after his brush with death. I can't imagine how she must feel right now. The foal is pegasus filly named Kesh Graveldales.

19th Moonstone, 101

Even though I would like nothing more than to start on the new defenses right away, we do need to finish the roads first. Additionally a large area of trees needs to be cleared out of the way. My guard and I have volunteered to take the guard duty for the workers this month, since the militia squads are either down a few ponies, or guarding the caverns. I'm going with them, I admit I'm more than a bit scared. But Cryptson and Khenal will be right with me the whole time, so I'll be okay.

5th Opal, 101

We returned from guarding the workers, nothing has been spotted recently.

17th Opal, 101

I sat down and talked with Ramol today, I have offered him the position of militia commander. He had to think very hard about it. He respected Starkey greatly, and I don't think he felt good enough to take over, but he eventually accepted the position. He went on to tell me about his suggestions for the militia, he says we should break up the bigger squads into smaller groups that can act independently during battle. I am no great strategist, but he was quite convincing and seemed to know what he was talking about, so I let him make the changes he wanted.

Charity's Journal 2nd Obsidian, 101

A cyclops has been spotted in the jungle, he's been seen making his way toward Glitterglen. While he shouldn't be a threat to the militia, being unarmed and unarmored, he could still hurt an unprepared pony. We have put the fort in lock down and are discussing how best to deal with the titan.

Charity's Journal, 3rd Obsidian, 101

Ramol is a fool. Starkey always said he was too brash. The Cyclopes is outside our walls now. He picked up a watch dog that harassed him and tossed it into a hill side where it broke.

He now sits out there taunting us. Ramol wants to go out and duel it, like Starkey did with the minotaur. But this thing is bigger and stronger than that was, and Ramol is skilled, but he's no Starkey.

Charity's Journal, 4th Obsidian, 101

The cyclops tried to approach our south door today, but was repelled when he couldn't figure out how to get passed Nicolta's old traps. He was only slightly wounded but is taking out his aggressions on an alpaca just outside the walls, it's screams of pain can be heard here in the entrance.

One of our militia member's lost patience and broke ranks, surprisingly it wasn't Commander Ramol, maybe he's more level headed than I thought. No it was private Berath, a young unicorn recruit. It was sad that he would likely go to his death, but I saw the the Cyclopes actually seemed to be fleeing. I felt it must be a trap and gave the order to hold ground. Khenal would not hear of it and also broke ranks to try and save the recruit.

Unfortunately Khenal was too slow, the brute turned and beat the recruit to death before he could get there, but he made the monster pay for that one.

Charity's Journal 28th Obsidian, 101

Ramol has finalized the new organization of the military. He has broken the two large melee squads into four groups of 3. He requested and was allowed, to transfer, Buzzat (lasher) and Kussad (spearpony) from the guard into the militia where their undisputed skill would be of more use. He also, drafted a new earthpony to bolster our hammerers.

The new orgainization is such.

Commander Ramol Weathercook the Sad Evenness of Lathering (MU) leading Privates First Class Kussad (MP) and Second Class Umril (MU) in the spear group.

Lieutenant Commander Rithlut Primmerge the Sensual Breath of Bears (FU) leading Corporal Buzzat Curlpearls the Ill Summit (MU) and Private First Class Azkob (ME) in the lasher squad.

Captain Peytral Secretwaxs the Equal Ways (MU) leading Privates Second Class Heiro and Bebmal in the axe group.

First Lieutenant Kris Pridecat (FU) leading Private First Class Morul (MU), and Private Second Class Toltot (ME) in the hammer group.

Captain Jaxler (MP) continues to lead the Skygaurd, with Privates; Cornbread (FP), Comnith(FP), Akath(FP), Dan(MP), and Nast(MP).

Also today, Stetar our dyer finished the object he was working on, while under supernatural possession.

Charity's Secret Journal 1st Granite 102

Another year, another kitten for Cryptson to adopt. He named this one, Eggut. Honestly.

2nd Granite, 102

We tried to get to a different part of the cavern a week ago, but found that all routes where too overgrown. Since our woodcutters can not cut all the trees we need cut fast enough, our miners are taking up digging out a series of stone pathways that won't clog up with the fungus trees. L. Commander Rithluth has volunteered to watch over them in case of dangerous creatures.

Charity's Journal 5th Granite, 102

Today was one of the most wonderful days in the history of Glitterglen. You won't believe this reader, but I swear by the Sisters it is true, every word. Luna, Princess of the Night, came to my husband, and Captain Khenal, and his wife Friesden, and gave us such a miracle. She returned Starkey and Otik to us, in brand new bodies. We all met in their old cabin home, and there Khenal cast some spell on me and that let me see the ghost of Falcata. It was wonderful. We had such a meal and caught up with everypony. They'd all been there watching over us all since their deaths. It, it was so amazing to be able to talk to Falcata again. I've missed her.

But most interestingly it seems that these words that keep showing up are related to the Sisters. Apparently, it was Starkey's Element, Honesty that gave him a second chance at life, and Falcata gave the chance her Loyalty gave her to Otik, so that she, Falcata, could stay with her husband.

And on top of all the miracles we had even more good news. Kris and Adamant are getting married.

This has been the most wonderful day ever.

Charity's Journal 15th Granite, 102

DaringSky reported that he saw a large contingency of pony troops making their way up the south road while he was out hunting. They are flying the colors of the elite troops of General Dostob Desserttaper. He is coming. Sisters in heaven we aren't ready yet, and he's coming.

Seeing as the time has come already, I've had to accelerate my plans. I called Khenal [A lot of writing is just drowned out in black ink here] into speak about something I'd been putting off, and after that Starkey and Otik were admitted to my Ducal Guard. The look on Khenal's face when they saluted him and called him captain was priceless. [more writing, quiet a bit, has been censored] They had wanted to continue to serve, but it didn't feel right to just strip Ramol and Jaxler of their previous positions, so I offered them this work instead, they seem quiet happy with it.

The Events of 16th Granite, 102 at noon.
The militia, Skyguard, Ducal Guard, and Fortress guard of Glitterglen are stationed outside the gates in two lines facing each other. Charity stands in the gate house, in her finest robes. And an army is coming, a grand army, all the finest soldiers in the Shells of Dance. At the head of the force riding on a battered old war elephant sat one of the largest strongest earthponies those present had ever seen. His rust colored fur was broken by numerous scars, and his black mane blew in the wind. As the earthpony reached the military's formation, Charity began to walk forward. As the battle scared pony climbed off his great steed she spoke. “General Dostob, what an unexpected pleasure, we are honored by your presence.”

“You may dispense with the pleasantries Duchess, I'm here to put you back on schedule.” the old general snaps, as the two begin to walk down the aisle created by the militia's bodies toward the entrance to Glitterglen.

Charity a twinge of fear in her voice, “I assure you General, my ponies are working as fast as they can.”

With out anything approaching any emotion the general simply replies, “Then perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.”

Charity stops dead in her tracks, the safety of every worker in Glitterglen could depend on her next words, and she was well aware of that. “I tell you this jungle will be made safe as planned.”

Dostob moves in quite close and says loudly enough for the whole military to hear clearly, while pointing his right fore-hoof into Charity's chest. “The Princess does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.”

Charity resists the urge to tremble and simply replies, “But she asks the impossible. I need more stallions.”

For the first time in this whole conversation the general smiles, “Then perhaps you can tell her that, when she arrives.”

Charity now with genuine fear across her face no longer able to hide it merely stammers out, “The...The Princess is coming here?!”

The general takes a step back, “That is correct Duchess, and she is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.”

“We shall double our efforts.”

Once again Dostob smiles, “I hope so Duchess, for your sake, the Princess is not as forgiving as I am.”

The two ponies walk into Glitterglen in silence.

Charity's Journal 27th Granite, 102

We have been frantically trying to get things ready for the Princess's arrival, but we are running out of time, Granite and Adamant have been digging out new rooms, as a dozen ponies smooth the stone they leave behind and Forgefire has been working the fires night and day turning our stores of gold, billion, and electrum into fine furniture and statues for her majesty. It won't be ready before her arrival but hopefully she will be understanding.

The General and his troops have been busy as well, they have enlisted the help of the militia and the entire legion has been combing the jungle's to the south of all dangers, so her path here would be clear.

As with the general's arrival the military set up to meet the Princess. As she got out of the carriage that had pulled her this far north, she stood in silence looking over us all. She had such an air of power around her, standing their in her dark dress with her twisted black crown, everypony could feel it.

I was directly in front of her bowing as deeply as I could. While I was down there she merely said that she was disappointed in our progress, she told me to stand and demanded that I show her to her room right away. I did so.

She, introduced me to her guard. The Captain of the Royal Guard is the cruelest looking earthpony mare I have ever seen. She carries a nasty looking silver whip, and her name is Demora.

Also in her guard were two male pegasi named Tor and Pound, along with another earthpony mare, named Thrash. It strikes me as very strange that her guard lacks any sort of magic, but I dared not question her, especially with the way her guards were all eying me, they were quiet intimidating.

Charity's Journal 21st Slate, 102

Finally some good news. Friesden went into labor this morning. It was long and exhausting for her. I've never had triplets, but from the pain of just having one foal, I hope I never will. But there was something strange, the second and third born were two fillies that came out as beautiful little alicorns, which they named after the goddesses, but the colt, their first born, he, he looks like one of those things. A Dark Prince! I don't know how that could have happened. A remnant from the demonic activity we've dealt with in the past? This colt's name is Terras. Were this anypony else's foal, I would suggest we deal with it like any Diomedian, but I can't bear to suggest to Khenal or Friesden that they should kill their firstborn, but if he should grow to side with the forces of Discord...Will future generations curse my name for not acting. I don't know what I should do...Perhaps I should take this to the Princess.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:10:33 pm by KingStrongbeard »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: April 12, 2012, 12:56:39 am »

Kris' Diary - 17th Opal, 101

I heard today that Ramol is going to be our new captain.  After grandpa was killed, we needed somepony else to lead us, and he was the one who got picked.  I don't really know him all that well, but everything I do know about him is good.  I support the decision, I suppose.  There are probably a few ponies who would do the job just fine, but he's as good as any, I suppose.

I just want my grandpa back and leading us.

2nd Obsidian, 101

We haven't seen any action since that horrible siege, and I can't say that I was disappointed.  I joined the militia to help ponies, but it turned out to be so much more difficult and frightening than I could have ever imagined.  After grandpa died, I just haven't had any enthusiasm for this, if not outright trepidation at the tought of heading back into combat.  Not actually helping much of anypony hasn't helped me, for that matter.

Today, it looks like any chances of us staying out of harms way are going to end soon.  A monstrous... thing... was spotted off in the jungle and it's headed this way.  If it doesn't veer off, we'll be facing it soon.  We outnumber it greatly and have much better weapons and armor, but I can't help but feel a bit scared just thinking about it.

I have to be strong though.  Mom, dad and my grandparents are watching me.  I can't choke now.

4th Obsidian, 101

I'm never going to get used to this.

Ever.

Berath died to the monster today.  He charged off to fight it without the rest of us, for reasons I'll never be able to guess, and he paid the ultimate price for it.  Thank the Sisters Khenal ran off after him to try and save him, instead of me.  Khenal prevailed where I'd probably have died beside Berath.

Of course I didn't save him.  I was too late again.

At least the beast is dead.

I'm never going to get used to this.

28th Obsidian, 101

I've been pretty depressed lately about just about everything.  Having Berath die, seeing combat again, I really just wanted to up and quit, but something pretty shocking happened today.

Captain Ramol has reorganized the militia, grouping us into more coherent squads based on our arms and training, which makes a lot of sense.  I think he might have been an excellent choice to lead us, now that he's had a chance to really take a look at where we stand.

That's not the shocking part.  The shocking part is that I was promoted to lieutenant over the maceponies!  I was so excited about the prospect of it I was nearly prancing around in the barracks.  Of course that would be ridiculous, so I settled for what must have looked like a goofy smile.

When I sat down and really thought about it though, I have to question why he chose me.  I mean, I haven't really excelled in the militia.  All I've managed to do in our fights so far is break a hoof and lose my mother and both of my grandparents, not to mention my other comrades at arms.  Maybe Captain Ramol sees something I can't.  Or maybe it's because I'm almost kind of related to the previous captain.

No, I don't think he'd play favorites like that.  I might not really be worthy of the position, but I'll do my absolute best to prove that I am worthy.  Maybe my failures are behind me.  Maybe I really will make mom proud one day.

5th Granite, 102

I'm at a loss for words.  I truly am.

An absolute miracle was given to us today.  I didn't see it happen, but grandpa Starkey and grandma Otik were returned to us today!  Mr. Cryptson said that none other than the goddess Luna came before them and gave grandpa and mom a second chance at life.  Mom gave her chance to grandma instead, so she could stay behind with dad.

My head is still spinning about that one.  I wanted grandma and grandpa back of course, but I wanted mom and dad back too.  I suppose I couldn't have them all, so I'm happy to have any of them back.  And mom told me that she and dad were going to be okay, and that Luna forgave her for whatever it is she did.  She never did tell me the whole story, and maybe I don't want to know it, but it doesn't matter now.  She's going to be okay, and live in paradise for eternity.

I guess kids don't say this about their parents much, but I'm proud of mom.  I'm not sure I'd have been so able to give up a second chance at life for somepony else.  But she'll still be around, and if I ever need to see her or talk to her, I can, and that makes it alright.

Oh, and I told everypony that Addy and I are getting married!  Everypony was so excited, not least of the bunch me!  Today was just an amazing day.  It makes up so much for all of the sadness I've felt in the past few months.

Hey, I guess I wasn't at a loss for words after all!

13th Granite, 102

If I'm honest I was hoping grandpa would join the militia again and lead us once more, but he didn't want to displace Captain Ramol.  I suppose he has a point, he probably could take his old position back if he wanted it, but it wouldn't be fair to Captain Ramol.  I'm sure he'll find someplace in the military that will keep him happy though.  I wouldn't blame him if he didn't even want to join again, honestly.  I have no idea what dying really feels like... but I'm sure it's not something somepony wants to go through twice.

16th Granite, 102

Today was one of the most awe-inspiring days I've seen in my life.  General Dostob came to the fortress today, leading an army of soldiers.  Apparently Princess Hugwax herself is coming to Glitterglen soon.

I don't know what to think.  The most important pony in our country, coming here?  Why?  Worse, I could almost feel the fear coming from Mrs. Charity.  I don't know why anypony would be afraid of Princess Hugwax, but if she is afraid of her, then I think I am too.  I've got to do my best to not embarrass anypony.  Not anypony in the militia, and not Mrs. Charity.

27th Granite, 102

Kris stands at attention next to her comrades at arms.  Something very important was happening, of that she had no doubt.  They were lined up just like when the general arrived, but it couldn't be him again.  Was today going to be the day?  Was she here?

Any doubt flees her mind as the princess leaves her carriage and starts down the line to meet Charity.  Kris wasn't sure what to expect of the princess, having never seen her in person, but this was surely her.  The hefty pony, draped in dark and foreboding colors passes Kris and stops before Charity.  As Charity bows before her, it is all Kris can do to fight the urge to kneel in turn, but everypony in the guard stood alert, no doubt as some show of readiness to defend her.  She follows their lead, idly watching the princess as she speaks simply and demands to be shown inside.

The princess looked quite different from what she expected.  She expected somepony dressed in light and warm colors, with a calm and welcoming expression, but she got something entirely different.  She was beginning to understand why somepony might fear the princess.  For a moment, Kris imagines she feels fear just standing near her, but dismisses the thought.  It was all based on implied little bits of implied fear, and she'd never heard of the princess doing anything bad to anypony.  She shouldn't be so quick to judge somepony just based on how they looked or things she'd guessed after hearsay.

Princess Hugwax had been through a lot to come out here, and she imagines most ponies wouldn't be in a good mood.  No, it was all just in her head.  The princess was here to check up on things, and she'd be on her way to the next town or city to do the same.  But while she was here, she was going to make sure that she never did anything to upset the princess or embarrass her or Glitterglen.  That would be unforgivable, messing up at a time like this.

As the princess disappears underground with Charity, Kris sees several of the militia around her relax notably.  Sure, she was nervous too, but it seemed a bit much.  She also imagines she can see a bit of a scowl on Khenal's face as he watches her leave, but can't imagine why that would be.  It was probably just the sun in his face.

Princess Hugwax hadn't come here to hurt anypony.  What would be the point in that?

Kris' Diary - 21st Slate, 102

Friesden gave birth today!  To the triplets that Venture promised her!  There was something kind of odd about it though.  She gave birth to two beautiful alicorn fillies, but she also gave birth to a dark prince (who was cute too, if I'm honest).  I'm not sure how that's even possible, but she and Khenal love him all the same, and I can't say that I doubted they would.  Not all of the diomedians are bad.  Grandpa Starkey's family has a lot of diomedians in it, and of course Heiro is a keshi pony, and they're all perfectly good ponies.

It's all about how the pony is raised, and I have no doubt the little colt will be as wonderful as Friesden and Khenal are.

Seeing the newborns though... it stirs something inside me.  I'm not even married to Addy yet, but part of me wants a little foal of our own.  All good things come in time.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: April 12, 2012, 08:20:54 am »

Dear Diary

I know I haven't added an entry in a long time.

I've been too HAPPY!

First, let me back up. In case the other diaries haven't been talking to you (Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) says his doesn't, but I think he's just being silly! Of course his diary would talk to you!), my parents died. It wasThat was a horrible day. But I was able to talk to them. It was just Mum and Falcata at first because of a nasty monster down in the caverns. Dad was really sad and he looked like he'd never smile again. But I did my best to keep him happy, and he never got like me with the rope and the scalpel and everything agai as bad as I did. It was really really sad.

But then Falcata and Mum came back as ghosts and Venture (my new second best friend EVER behind Falcata. Charity was being mean about Heiro and dad and mum and diomedians and Mikhael so she wasn't my second best friend anymore because she didn't like me kissing the best kisser in the world ever interrupting her meeting about how bad Heiro was because he was a diomedian but he isn't bad because he's my brother and my brother wouldn't be bad and neither is Mikhael because Mikhael's a good pony and he was just so sad because his wife couldn't have foals and she wanted some so he had to be really brave and try and get one from us and he thought he had to steal one but I said to him he could have mine but Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) said I shouldn't because then I would be sad and he'd be sad because I was sad which would make me sad because he was sad because I was sad so he'd be even sadder because I would be sad because he was sad because I was sad so I'd be sadder because he would be sadder than he was before because I was sad that he was sad because I was sad so he'd be even sadder than tha he'd be sad. But Mikhael's not a bad pony! He's just misunderstood. I keep telling Charity that I'm the bad pony but Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) says that I'm the best pony ever which is silly because the best pony ever is Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3)! But that was why Charity isn't my second best friend EVER anymore.) let me see them and it was so nice and I didn't believe at first but then they said they were real so I believed them then and then we were happy and we saw Heiro and he was still unhappy but it's okay because he's happy now he's going out with a new mare to the fort called Willow and she was in the hospital and she was a nice pony and it's good that they're happy because I like ponies being happy but then they didn't want to see Dad because Mum was worried about him and she told me to make sure he didn't do anything silly but he wouldn't do anything silly ever because he's my Dad and my Dad is always serious and smart and he knows everything, even stuff that Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) doesn't know which makes him really smart and smart ponies don't do silly stuff and he even forgave my father when he said sorry to me which was really nice of him but Dad's a nice pony so he does that all the time anyway but then guess what!

I GOT MARRIED TO KHENAL (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) AND MUM AND FALCATA AND DAD AND EVERYPONY WAS THERE AND CHARITY WAS THERE AND CRYPTSON WAS THERE AND ALL THEIR LITTLE FOALS AND WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MANY FOALS AND IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST THING EVER DIARY I WAS SO HAPPY BECAUSE I GOT MARRIED TO THE BEST PONY EVER, KHENAL (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) CAN YOU IMAGINE BEING MARRIED TO KHENAL(<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3)? IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN THAT! EVERYTHING'S BRIGHT AND SMILEY AND HAPPY AND LAUGHTER AND I DO HIS PAPERWORK FOR HIM AND THEN HE'S EVEN HAPPIER THAN USUAL BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE PAPERWORK BUT I CAN DO IT WITHOUT MAKING HIM UNHAPPY AND THAT'S REALLY NICE AND I LIKE MAKING HIM HAPPY SO I MAKE SURE TO DO THE PAPERWORK ALL THE TIME!

But then something more horrible happened! Dad died! And so did another militia pony but I was too busy crying over Dad dying to cry anymore over his death but I can cry a bit now and you can cry with me so we'll cry enough for the militia pony here.
(This section is rather damp)

But now that we've cried over the militia pony that I couldn't cry over on the day because I was too busy crying over Dad I can get to the part where I started doing Khenal's (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) paperwork. He was telling me about how horrible his paperwork was and then I woke up really really early and got out of bed without waking him up (he's a sleepyhead in the morning but that's because he doesn't get to sleep till late and one time he fell asleep on my wing and that hurt a bit but it's okay now because it doesn't hurt anymore and I'm more careful now and I can fly properly again and anyway Venture said that the bones set properly and I made sure not to tell him because then he only gets unhappy and why would I want to make Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) unhappy? I love him so much, Diary! Every day is a new best day with him! Maybe you should talk with his Diary and see if his diary is as nice as him because then you'll be happy because Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) is the best pony ever! And then his Diary will be the best Diary ever! Maybe I can arrange a date like I did with Heiro and Falcata and then you can fall in love and get married!) and then I went to his office and did his paperwork and it only took a couple of hours and then he came in and he was so shocked because I dropped onto him from his door frame and then we went to Charity because he wanted to take a day off to show me his appreciation and then she said yes and then he carried me around the whole day in my favourite chair and he got the angel-hair worm cocoons and the grapes and he peeled them for me and fed them to me and he said he was treating me like royalty because I was the best pony ever but that's silly because he is (He's Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3), Diary, if you almost forgot like I did (I had to go up and check. But he is Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) which is good because Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) is the best!) but now you know so you won't forget.) but anyway the whole day was the most fun day ever ever ever because Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) was so nice and he did everything we wanted and it was so fun and everything and then we were talking with Mum and Dad and Falcata and Falcata had to go up to see Luna (Dad says she's a really nice pony, even nicer than Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) but that's really silly, because Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) is so nice, he's the best pony ever at being nice) and we were all really worried because Luna might be angry that day and then she'd send Falcata to hell which would be really bad and I wouldn't never ever say a prayer to her again because then I can say the prayers to Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) and I've got them written down here so I'll show them to you

O Immortal Khenal: have mercy upon me, miserable unworthy that I am.
O Master of the World: protect Your flock from evil.
O Keeper of the Light: Guide my darkened path with Your radiance.

I am Your possession and I am servant to Thee,
I stand free from blindness of heart,
Free from hypocrisy, vainglory and deceits,
But captive to hatred, malice and anger,
To evil, sin, heresy.

By Thy agony and bloody sweat,
By Thy Spear and Thy Sacrifices,
By Thy destruction and re-emergence as the god of Ponies,
Keep and strengthen me, I who die for Thee.

Adore the Immortal Khenal
For He is our Protector

Admire the Immortal Khenal
For His Sacrifices to Ponykind

Exalt the Immortal Khenal
For His Strict Guidance

Revere the Immortal Khenal
For His Undying Guard

Venerate the Immortal Khenal
For His Holy Wisdom

Honour the Immortal Khenal
For His Eternal Strength

Glorify the Immortal Khenal
For His All-seeing Vision

Praise the Immortal Khenal
For His Unending Rule

Hail the Immortal Khenal
For He is the Lord and Master

Worship the Immortal Khenal
For without Him we are Nothing

so what do you think, Diary? I was trying to think of more of them but they just go "Khenal is the best, Khenal is the best" and Dad says that that's not a proper prayer so I don't want to do a bad prayer to Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) but Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) doesn't like me praying to him so I don't do it where he can see it because Dad said that Luna and Celestia don't have to see the prayers to get them so I make sure to do the prayers to Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) where I don't make him unhappy so he is happy with the prayers because he's the best pony so he deserves the best prayers and maybe you can suggest some more good prayers to him because Dad doesn't like helping me making the prayers because he wants me to pray to Luna and Celestia but if they were going to be mean to my best ever friend ever then I wouldn't pray to them because then they'd be mean and Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) isn't mean he's the nicest pony ever ever ever so he couldn't be mean ever! So if Luna and Celestia are mean I can pray to Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) but anyway I was supposed to be telling you about what Dad and Mum and Falcata were talking about and Dad was upset that Mum didn't want to talk to him when he was alive and she was dead but then he was okay because he said Mum was very smart and they were all happy again which is good because I like my Mum and Dad and everypony to be happy! And that's why I do Khenal's (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) paperwork for him because it makes him happy! And then Falcata went off to talk with Luna and me and Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) went back home and then Charity said that because Dad was dead I got everything because Heiro was a diomedian and I was angry but Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) told me that it was okay, it was out of Charity's hands, that the law was like that and it was a silly law and Charity couldn't do anything about it because Diomedians don't have any rights under the silly law but then I was like "Can't he count as a pony" and Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) and Charity didn't say anything to that and then Charity left and Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) and I went to sleep and then guess what Diary it's the best thing EVER!

I woke up and I was feeling sick and I went to Venture and she said I wasn't ill that I WAS PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS AND IT WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! And then I went to Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) and I said I was pregnant with triplets and he was happy too because he's the best pony ever and then Mum and Dad came and they knew and they were really happy too and they gave me a hug and I don't know how that works because they're dead and they're not magic and the magic is on me anyway which is silly because wouldn't it make more sense to do the magic on the ghost because then everypony can see them and it would be easier and not so much work and they were really happy and then Falcata and Luna came and Estoc and that strange pony who was being mean and then I told them and Luna was really happy and she said that Falcata and Dad were coming back but not Mum and Falcata gave up her chance so Mum could come back and I tried to ask Luna if I could be dead and Falcata alive but she said it didn't work like that so I couldn't be good but it's okay because Luna gave me a special job to be nice and talk to Falcata and I do that anyway so it's good and then we had a nice dinner and Charity and Cryptson and their foals were there and everypony was happy and it was all the best ever. And after that there were some things with the militia and I didn't pay attention to them as much because I was too busy talking to Falcata all the time and she said that she sometimes needed a break and I said okay and then I talked with Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) and did his paperwork and then everypony was happy and then the princess arrived and then the best day ever EVER happened.

I GAVE BIRTH! Thanks to Kris it didn't hurt and now I have three cute little foals and there are two alicorn fillies and one of the diomedian alicorns and he's so cute he's the cutest thing ever and Khenal (<3THE BEST PONY IN THE WORLD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE'S SO PERFECT!<3) has to hold him because if I hold him I can't nuzzle him as well and he's so cute and the others are cute too and they looked like the Sisters so I called them after that and it's the best day ever ever ever ever ever ever!
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 665