Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176622 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (IC needed!)
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:06 am »

How about you selectively respond to what I say instead of everything I actually want answered.

That's a tactic that'll get you far.

The thing is, you are ICs in a newbie game. New people listen to you. If this would be a 'regular' game, you would be neutral, but just from the fact that you are IC and you aren't 'abusing' your position means that you are town. If you would say "Hey, X is scum because blablabla", it doesn't matter if blablabla is a scumtell or not, there would still be 1-2 people who would just go "Oh, he is the IC and he says that X is scum, therefore X must be scum". And in case someone would go "Hey, but blablabla isn't a scumtell!", you can just say that he is wrong.

You've completely missed the point.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:18 am »

Orangebottle, if you were scum, who would you vote to lynch based on what has happened so far, and why?
It's a mite early for that, but...
Oh wait. You said scum.
I'd probably land a mislynch on someone who looks scummier than I do. Like mipe9 for example.
Either that, or i'd distance myself from my scumbuddy early. Because, y'know, I like the wifom that comes from distancing, and benefit greatly from it. When i'm scum, anyway.

Your reaction to being voted is wrong.
I have a question.
Who the hell are you to tell us how we're supposed to react to your questions?
Furthermore, how is his reaction to being voted wrong?

Orangebottle: Let's have a hypothetical situation that might not have anything to do with this game. You and X are scumbuddies. Y votes X, what do you do? Will you defend X, will you throw X under the bus or will you just ignore the whole situation? Or will you react differently?
It depends on the context, really. In the last BM(it just ended), I bussed my buddy because I personally found him scummy, and then threw a few mislynches around and had an easy win. See, my scum game is like my town game; I vote for whomever is scummiest(that isn't me). Defending your scumbuddy is pointless, because it'll just lead to you getting lynched when he flips scum, or him getting lynched when you flip scum. So, i'd be better off bussing him or just ignoring it altogether.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:00 am »

I have a question.
Who the hell are you to tell us how we're supposed to react to your questions?
Furthermore, how is his reaction to being voted wrong?

Orangebottle: Let's have a hypothetical situation that might not have anything to do with this game. You and X are scumbuddies. Y votes X, what do you do? Will you defend X, will you throw X under the bus or will you just ignore the whole situation? Or will you react differently?
It depends on the context, really. In the last BM(it just ended), I bussed my buddy because I personally found him scummy, and then threw a few mislynches around and had an easy win. See, my scum game is like my town game; I vote for whomever is scummiest(that isn't me). Defending your scumbuddy is pointless, because it'll just lead to you getting lynched when he flips scum, or him getting lynched when you flip scum. So, i'd be better off bussing him or just ignoring it altogether.

You should read the quotes again.

That was what I wanted to hear, thanks.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:34 am »

Mindmaker Got you again. As mafioso, would you rather town had a doctor, or a cop? As townie with a cop and a doctor on your team, rather roleblocker or godfather
A doctor of course. It's so easy to play him completely ineffective (like I did).
A cop will always get some results. He only needs to worry about how to impact the game with them.

Since Motmota might take a while (prod requested), let's see who else we can ask...

Jafferey, your thoughts on mipe9 and his approach?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 06:16:51 am »

Ed Boy: Are you going to ask more questions?
I've asked a question in every post I've made so far (except the pre-game one). Or are you saying that I should be posting more?

[...]
Jaffery, do you reckon you would be a good scum player?

No, with my zero playing experience I have no confidence in my ability to play as scum or townie. I feel that I may be better at investigating than deceiving, but I couldn't say.
Then who do you reckon would make a good scum player (other than the ICs)?

Unvote
ed boy
, you are doing it wrong.
Would you care to elaborate just where I'm going wrong?
I had not been voted for until you made that post. How can I react wrong to something that hasn't happened yet?

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 06:43:54 am »

Unvote
ed boy
I had not been voted for until you made that post. How can I react wrong to something that hasn't happened yet?

It's a very mysterious thing. I might have randomly voted you without any real reason.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2011, 06:50:00 am »

Unvote
ed boy

It's a very mysterious thing. I might have randomly voted you without any real reason.
In RVS the vote is normally to put pressure on the person when asking them a question. You didn't ask a question, you just voted.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Sending roles, preparing flavor... (IC needed!)
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 07:20:57 am »

Votecount:

• ed boy: mipe9
  • Orangebottle: Jafferey
  • Mormota: Toaster, Mindmaker
  • Jafferey: ed boy, Jim Groovester
  • mipe9: Orangebottle
  • Mindmaker:
  • Powder Miner:
  • Jim Groovester:
  • Toaster: Powder Miner

Not voting: Mormota

The day will end Tuesday the 20th, 6PM GMT. You need 4 votes to extend and 6 to shorten.

Also, my eternal gratitude to Darvi thanks to whom we need another IC! Hooray!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2011, 10:15:53 am »

Mormota:  What do you hope to get out of this game?  If you could pick one of the four possible power roles (Cop, Doctor, Godfather, or Roleblocker), which would you pick?  Why?

Probably Godfather. The ability to stay hidden from town is invaluable, and I don't think I'm experienced enough to take any other role.

Mormota, are you new to this game? If not and you know the people here, who would you want as a scumbuddy?

This is my second Beginner's Mafia. I'd want Orangebottle, he performed really well in the previous game.

I would try to guess which players might be doctor and cop, and try to pick them to increase my chances of success. Obviously I wouldn't choose my scum partner. If not sure I could choose a random target, and maybe cycle through targets then see if my choice had any effect by looking at the discussion following.

Jafferey, why do you even mention choosing your scum partner? Does it come up as a possibility for you?

Since Motmota might take a while (prod requested), let's see who else we can ask...

Bloody ignorant Americans, other time zones exist too.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (2 ICs needed)
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2011, 10:29:25 am »

I think you're doing some misquoting there. I didn't say that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Sending roles, preparing flavor... (IC needed!)
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2011, 11:30:05 am »

...we need another IC! Hooray!

What he means is that due to something we won't worry about, I'll need to be replaced.

I'll stick around and give advice until that happens, though.

Unvote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (2 ICs needed)
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:24 am »

Okay, Toaster has been moved to scum IC position. That town IC slot is still open, though.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:40 am »

Ed Boy: Are you going to ask more questions?
I've asked a question in every post I've made so far (except the pre-game one). Or are you saying that I should be posting more?
I'm trying to get you to be less passive.

Jaffery, is it better to bus a scumpartner or defend them?

Toaster:Why? Wwwhhyyyy?

Jim:If there were a vigilante in this setup and you were it, who would you be targeting tonight?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2011, 12:00:19 pm »

Toaster:Why? Wwwhhyyyy?
Because I am stupid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (town IC needed)
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:40 pm »

Let's not screw up Beginner's Mafias if we can help it please.

Jim:If there were a vigilante in this setup and you were it, who would you be targeting tonight?

mipe9, because I don't like his style. Beyond reaction testing, he hasn't done anything. I've already expounded on why I think reaction testing is ineffective.

After that, maybe Mindmaker, because he's been quiet. Not a lot of strong reads to go around just yet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38